Gay Pope video gets almost 150,000 views in 4 days

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Gay Pope video gets almost 150,000 views in 4 days

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:04 pm

One of those hyperventilating Sci videos full of testimonials I uploaded to my youtube channel went nuts with viewers last week. I got almost 150,000 views in 4 days and I'm still not sure where they came from! As many have noted I'm poor at promoting my videos esp. on social media. Either embedly.com or Reddit.com or both seemed to combine to promote this video somehow in the US, Canada and UK.

It's really annoying not being able to figure out how the internet works esp. as a computer professional. But, then again, nobody can keep up with it! If only videos I had created did so well.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF1tPlgctss

Comments for the video likewise shot into the stratosphere with ALMOST EVERY COMMENT incredulous as the bizarreness of the video or parroting the Sci speak. Some even wondered if it was a parody. Sci can be so shocking to the uninitiated!

Wieber

Re: Gay Pope video gets almost 150,000 views in 4 days

Post by Wieber » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Did anyone ask, "Why the subtitles?" That question has lurked with me since I saw the first promotion like that when I was in. You learn very quickly
what not to say or ask when you are in. I don't know the answer to that question, but if anyone out there does, please, explain.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:23 am

The older black gentleman with the gray zip-up turtleneck is actor Michael D. Roberts. The others I didn't recognize.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Wieber wrote:Did anyone ask, "Why the subtitles?" That question has lurked with me since I saw the first promotion like that when I was in. You learn very quickly
what not to say or ask when you are in. I don't know the answer to that question, but if anyone out there does, please, explain.
Yes people do ask that a lot. I don't know why they are there. Words like Theta and OT would already be known to the scis watching the video.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Congrats, AGP. You're almost at 200,000 views.

I am surprised they were able to get this many people in this video in 2013 (unless they are all actors, like the one DC identified.) If they're real, there's still a way to go before people inside wake up.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”