Deprogramming - "And the Beat Goes On."

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Deprogramming - "And the Beat Goes On."

Post by Wieber » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:06 pm

Just when I think I've made it a Scientology term will come to mind to describe something going on. Ugh.

I think, unlike water soluble drugs that flush out of a body within 24 hours, vestiges of cult indoctrination can remain in the mind for years.

My latest has been ongoing for some time. I identified it recently, when I was sitting, relaxing and watching a movie. I was feeling some
anxiety and I finally identified it as associated with 'not producing.'

Aside from Hubbard's spew about production, "Production is the basis of morale," when working in the org if a staff member rests and does
nothing for about two minutes, someone - a senior in the chain of command, a product officer, the ethics officer, for examples - will go up
to them and want to know why they aren't working flat out during 'production time.'

"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." (Uhm, except for Hubbard and Miscavige. Don't forgive them. They know exactly.)

The effect of being overseen like that is akin to sleep deprivation and probably works in conjunction with it. It keeps a person on edge for
one thing. It probably distracts as well.

Judith Herman's Trauma and Recovery and Steven Hassan's Combating Cult Mind Control have been extremely helpful in dealing with
Scientology's after effects.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Re: Deprogramming - "And the Beat Goes On."

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:42 am

Some of the greatest ideas come from a moment of leisure - just think of Isaac Newton under the apple tree realizing how gravity works, or Albert Einstein "goofing off" from his Swiss patent office job by inventing relativity. Unfortunately, the frazzled overworked Sea Org staff will never write a great novel, cure cancer, or even post a funny cat video.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”