Guy Fawkes Day list of Sci's horrible fall problems

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Guy Fawkes Day list of Sci's horrible fall problems

Post by AngryGayPope » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:26 am

I am planning a brief video of scientology's fall. Namely, fall of 2015 and all their external problems that have not played out yet.

For instance, an internal problem would be low donations. What are all the external influences currently bothering the Church?

Help me make this list of external problems DM must deal with this fall and in 2016.

1. Going Clear continues global rollout
2. Going Clear may win an Oscar
3. Leah Remini just published a book
4. David Miscavige's father is writing a book
5. Louis Theroux's movie is starting a global rollout
6. Narconon class action lawsuit - just how many cases is that?
7. Laura DeCrescezo suing over forced abortions - lawsuit starts Dec. 7 in LA
8. Accountant trying to take down the Church from the inside - what is his name?
9. Moscow org raided (again)
10. Belgium trial threatens status there
11. Dutch revoke church's tax exempt status

I know they have a lot more problems than this. Please, folks, chime in here!

Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Wieber

Re: Guy Fawkes Day list of Sci's horrible fall problems

Post by Wieber » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:37 am

I don't know if you would count this.

Generally, Germany isn't buying Scientology's lie. It's a fool me once-fool me twice kind of thing.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:49 am

Other blows:
Miss Lovely book
Cathriona White suicide
Mosey Rathbun case
Tom Cruise not visiting his daughter Suri
Jokes about Tom Cruise getting CoS to find him a fourth bride
Mark Bunker documentary coming out mid-2016

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:51 am

People who had no idea who Shelley Miscavige was are now wondering where the hell she is.

Monique Rathbun case still going on.

Luis Garcia case still going, although the judge said they had to go forward with the church's arbitration. If they do and still have problems, they can go back to the judge and say, Arbitration was a fraud, just like we said. Could open the floodgates for cries to revoke tax exempt status, or give people refunds who ask for them.

Edit: Monique Rathbun case is moving forward as of today, YAY!!!!
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Narconon generally.

Narconon involves a drug rehabilitation therapy. The effectiveness of it notwithstanding, it is not a religious activity. Instead it is a quasi medical
therapy. As such it cannot be shielded with a religious cloak. If Scientology had any smarts at all the organization would jettison Narconon as it
is something of an Achilles heel for the organization.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:05 am

CoS fears the alliance among thousands of alert critics and Scientology-unmasking sites, especially the Underground Bunker. The excitement and cordiality today is especially great for old-time critics. Remember the years-ago critic infighting that OSA likely watched with glee? We're too busy keeping up with CoS footbullets and epic fails.

Ex-CoS execs and other experts report and analyze brilliantly on the Bunker and elsewhere. Readers scoop up CoS news worldwide and post it, especially on The Bunker. Going Clear events and Unbreakable Miss Lovely book tours brought critics into a fun and supportive bunch, and created new picketing adventure pals. Critics hop onto the readers' comments on nationwide media like People Magazine, sparring with CoS apologists. Critics counter CoS advertising.

David Miscavige now REALLY needs to hide - He's become a cartoon villain to millions.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:11 am

Set Google to images and search Scientology or any of the names, words, terms or front groups closely associated with it. Then see the pictures
you get. The Scientology organization has been working on the search results being positive images but the organization can't keep up.

By the way the number one search result for 'Scientology' as I write this is:

In the news
Leah Remini and Paul Haggis: Scientology has punishment center
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:58 pm

CoS nightmares:
GOOGLE
WIKIPEDIA
BING
WEBCRAWLER
ASK
YAHOO
etc.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Another mistake: CoS trying to derail an Oscar nomination for the tremendous documentary Going Clear. If Gibney wins, he may thank Miscavige for the free publicity, in front of millions.

Other award shows may nominate Going Clear.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:36 pm

There is this: Former members who have left Scientology.

One of the most prominent vocal individual who is in that category is Karen.

But this is a quantity thing, too. Those former members who are not high profile are a problem with a different set of attributes. Scientology doesn't
have much attention on them because they aren't out there in any kind of high profile way. In the meantime they go about their lives quietly make
friends and privately tell them about their experiences. Unless they have their spies in proximity to those former members, Scientology doesn't know
about their activity.

Then there is this forum and web site and many other such forums and web sites.
Lermanet
Scientology Lies
Cult News
suppressiveperson.org
angrygaypope.com

Those are just a few.

My reading lists on worldcat.org
https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/1768991
https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Steven Hassan and his books and web site

The generic books on cults
Cults in Our Midst
Cults Inside Out
Captive Hearts Captive Minds
God's Lunatics

Then there are things like the bit with robot Hubbard on an episode of Venture Brothers, the one-liner on Seinfeld, the Hubbologists in Fallout 2,
Charles Manson, Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense from Millennium, stand up comedians doing non sequitur one liners such as, "Diuretics (pause)
by L. Ron Hubbard" Frank Zappa's songs about the church of Appliantology led by L. Ron Hoover in Joe's Garage, specifically, A Token of My
Extreme. There are all kinds of things like that out there.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:58 am

In 2014 and 2015 talk shows have been much more willing to host Scientology critics. When usual-media-lapdogs will host Leah Remini to discuss Troublemaker, you know the media no longer fears Tom Cruise. A lot of this is due to Tony Ortega's hard journalism, excellent writing, and being a great interview-ee, as well as Lawrence Wright, Alex Gibney and so many more.

In contrast, Tom Cruise interviews seem forced and censored, as everyone ignores the elephants in the room: Suri missing Daddy time, Scientology abuses, Narconon lawsuits, auditions to be Tom's girlfriend. The interview consists of "Wow! What was it like doing THAT stunt?" and "what's your next movie?"

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:55 am

Oh, that Tom Cruise! What a wild and crazy guy, and he does all his own stunts so well, too.

Did I mention Tom Cruise does all his own stunts? He works so hard to be physically peaking for each and every stunt.

He does his own stunts.

That's about all he has going for himself now. Someone will come up with an internet meme on that and it will go viral.
Hey, all you groovy guys and groovy gals in Scientology's office of special affairs, get training so that you're physically peaking when you go to
the rehabilitation project force. You might even get to clean Tom's bathroom with a toothbrush. He does his own stunts.
Doris Lessing

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Scientology has existed for almost 62 years
Scientologies goal is to clear the planet
Scientology has cleared less than 60,000 people

At this rate, it will take rather more than 7 million years to clear the planet

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Aging Scientologists are another problem.

AGING CELEBS: The few youngish CoS celebs are second and third generation, so their "story" about Scientology wasn't "this fantastic thing that I discovered" but "what Mom and Dad made me do." The celebs over fifty are getting dumpy like the rest of us. Where's the magic?

AGING MEMBERS: My mid-sixties long-time-Scientologist relative is facing retirement and the troubles of aging, while CoS has sucked away much of the retirement savings. My relative has taken many, many courses - where is a "new" course that would appeal? How can a member donate, with limited savings and only Social Security coming in each month?

AGING SEA ORG: Much of the mystique of Sea Org was "I was on the Apollo" or "I trained with LRH." Many of these are now passed away, quit, or thrown out. The remainder "still in" mostly suffer from decades of overwork, stress, and poor diet, sleep, and medicare care. The favored inner circle might have better conditions but still aged their bodies smoking and drinking hard liquor along with David Miscavige.

Another aspect of Sea Org in the 1970's and '80's was that whole families joined, like "Lou" Laurisse Henley-Smith Stuckenbrock, (Miscavige's "communicator"/maybe lover) and her two sisters Fleur Thomas and Darnelle Bloomberg, all still in Sea Org. Now the only tightness among the second and third generations who joined Sea Org is that "they went to Delphi* together." Are they snobs to recruits whose parents couldn't afford private schools? Do they make friends with the non-English speaking recruits?

* or other Scientology-linked private schools like Delphian, Clearwater Academy or (shudder) Church of Scientology Cadet School.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:48 pm

People involved with Scientology suffer from malnutrition. There are no exceptions. Getting lots to eat doesn't equate to getting proper nutrition.
Contrary to Hubbard's mantra, "quantity is more important than quality," when it comes to food the opposite is the case.

Hubbard took on the role of nutritional expert and guru. He issued a plethora of bulletins on the subject. I remember getting these almost every
day when I was a staff member. Hubbard was as good a nutritionist as he was a nuclear physicist. People involved in Scientology follow Hubbard's
out-of-his-ass nutritional instruction to their detriment. Consulting other sources for nutritional information is considered unworkable technology
and other practices.

People involved in Scientology age faster than the general population and suffer a wider variety and more serious health problems as they get
older. They tend to die before their natural time.

Off the topic, but a word of advice to those who have left Scientology. Have a look into the foods you are eating and do some nutritional research
with a view to adjusting what you eat to maximize your food's nutritional value and benefit.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”