Will COS be booed at it's own Xmas parade?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Will COS be booed at it's own Xmas parade?

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:38 pm

With all the bad publicity this year it is possible that the Church will be booed at it's own Christmas parade. If other years are any guide the SO will be riding floats and/or carrying giant helium balloons and will have ample opportunity to get an earful from thousands of bystanders.

Also, the parade "mascots" this year are Penn And Teller, the two smartass magicians who simply hate things like COS. Have they been told to shut up as they go by the many COS properties on the parade route?

Entheta You

Re: Will COS be booed at it's own Xmas parade?

Post by Entheta You » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Scientology + Christmas

neither more nor less ridiculous than

R. Lee Ermey Sensitivity Training
Famous Jewish Defensive Lineman Volume III
Abraham Lincolns Radio Messages to America
The Wit and Wisdom of Kim Kardashian

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Scientology + Christmas

Scientology and Jesus

Image Image

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Scientology
'In Scientology, Jesus is classified as below the level of Operating Thetan, and described by L. Ron Hubbard as being a "shade above" the condition of "Clear".'
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:51 am

This photo (I believe posed at Griffith Park in LA) effectively keeps CoS out of Muslim countries, since you aren't supposed to show Mohammed's image, let alone show him inferior to a Scientologist. Plus, Mo looks ridiculous in that white beard.
I wonder if the earliest man in line is a Greek philosopher? Or Egyptian, maybe Ptahhotep ? See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptahhotep

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:59 am

Don Carlo wrote:This photo (I believe posed at Griffith Park in LA) effectively keeps CoS out of Muslim countries, since you aren't supposed to show Mohammed's image, let alone show him inferior to a Scientologist. Plus, Mo looks ridiculous in that white beard.
I wonder if the earliest man in line is a Greek philosopher? Or Egyptian, maybe Ptahhotep ? See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptahhotep
That's not a white beard. It's a white veil. That's still an insult because the veil is for women.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

AngryGayPope

I did not go to parade but ...

Post by AngryGayPope » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

I didn't go to the parade as it is too dangerous with all the corrupt cops around and the cult on freakout mode, esp. when dealing with me.

Noted atheists Penn and Teller were the grand marshalls of the religious holiday parade. They took some twitter photos:

https://twitter.com/search?q=penngillette&src=typd

A bomb threat happened earlier in the day but somebody had just stuffed a purse into a mailbox: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

Would be interesting to hear from anybody who went although it is a dangerous place to protest.

Meanwhile the LA times almost ignored the event. Most folks do. This event just can't get out from under the problem of it being a Christmas Parade in November hosted by a snowless desert town. Also, the z-list celebs don't draw a crowd. Boxer Oscar de la Hoya and Grumpy Cat? They were the only names I recognized!

Eventually it will be on TV. Or something.

Scheduled was Galaxy Press and their giant pirate, about the only balloon children will not recognize instantly. Way To Happiness has a float I assume. I guess they did not use their pirate chest of money balloon this year.

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:37 am

Seeing the title of this thread, authored by AGP, I assumed the answer would be a resounding "yes."

After looking at the parade website, though, I wonder if it's fair to call this their parade.

It looks like the Scilons had their goofy TWTH float and the pirate, but overall they don't seem to have much influence... as it should be.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:45 pm

spacecootie wrote:Seeing the title of this thread, authored by AGP, I assumed the answer would be a resounding "yes."

After looking at the parade website, though, I wonder if it's fair to call this their parade.

It looks like the Scilons had their goofy TWTH float and the pirate, but overall they don't seem to have much influence... as it should be.

Actually the parade had died around 2007 and then they put a ton of money into it and brought it back. That's why cult shill astronaut Buzz Aldrin was the mascot for the entire parade one year.

Hopefully their influence is less as it seems the parade is getting bigger plus the cult does not do winter wonderland any more.

AngryGayPope

An ex-sci who worked on wonderland wrote me

Post by AngryGayPope » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:03 pm

I got this msg from an ex-sci who saw my winter wonderland videos.

----------------------------

This video made me laugh. Why? I was one of the E.P.F. (estates project force) who actually helped put this together. I will admit I hated doing this assignment for 3 weeks but, I was being supervised by 2 really cool guys and 1 giant douche who were field staff members.

I was talking about the 2011 winter wonderland. Sad thing is that my group was "Group B," and we were all hispanic at first when building winter wonderland. Eventually some of us left and it changed. almost every week they would warn us about some guy named the pope. After I left and came home for ethics I was looking around on YouTube and found your site.

AngryGayPope

Clearwater Winter WOnderland

Post by AngryGayPope » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Winter WOnderland is still going on in Clearwater as they own that town: http://clearwatercommunityvolunteers.or ... onderland/

I'mglib

Re: An ex-sci who worked on wonderland wrote me

Post by I'mglib » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:03 am

AngryGayPope wrote:I got this msg from an ex-sci who saw my winter wonderland videos.

----------------------------

This video made me laugh. Why? I was one of the E.P.F. (estates project force) who actually helped put this together. I will admit I hated doing this assignment for 3 weeks but, I was being supervised by 2 really cool guys and 1 giant douche who were field staff members.

I was talking about the 2011 winter wonderland. Sad thing is that my group was "Group B," and we were all hispanic at first when building winter wonderland. Eventually some of us left and it changed. almost every week they would warn us about some guy named the pope. After I left and came home for ethics I was looking around on YouTube and found your site.
Haha, pretty interesting. Glad the guy got out!
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:36 am

Notice how the Church didn't put the name "Scientology" on any float. It's all "Author Services Golden Age" etc. No fools they.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Video of the float on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/10000685102832 ... 672132284/

No mention of Christimas on the entire float, as far as I can tell. Just Michelle Stafford, Cri Cri the singing Cricket(?!), a bunch of kids, and lots of Scientology scenery, similar to an IAS event.

Why do they think people will like this sort of stuff? Not to use too much hyperbole or anything, but it totally reminds me of a North Korean talent show, where everything is beautiful and perfect, but somehow off and creepy.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”