Sterling Mgmt to clients: read dianetics or get heart attack

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Sterling Mgmt to clients: read dianetics or get heart attack

Post by AngryGayPope » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:15 pm

STERLING MANAGEMENT COMES CLEAN IN DEPOSITION

FULL DOCUMENT: http://www.angrygaypope.com/docs/05-338 ... sition.pdf

In this revealing deposition Sterling Management is forced to tell the truth about their shoddy biz practices. Click the link at top to read the document. The depo was taken in May 2015 in Los Angeles for a case called "Dr. Robert L. Meinders v Emery Wilson Corporation d/b/a Sterling Management Systems." The case involved the "Junk Fax Prevention Act of 2005." The Church's lawyer is Anahit (Ana) Tagvoryan (#246536).

Among the secret revealed:

Sterling claims it's business has been unaffected by the bad economy but:

Q. Okay. How many people are currently employed at Emery Wilson?
A. 25
Q. How many were employed in '94 when you became director of public affairs?
A. Close to 300.
Q. Is there any particular reason why the number of people working there has gone down?
A. Well, I can answer with one question. The economy. One answer I meant. The company went down with a number of personnel during the years.

The employee handbook refers to "LRH" - Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard:

Q. Okay. On the page 34, Bates-marked 24, the third paragraph under Security Of Our Quarters, there are the initials LRH. Is that a reference to L. Ron Hubbard?
A. Yes.

The handbook also refers to "ethics orders" and says that new staff are in a state of "non-existence". Pure Sci jargon.

The witness doesn't listen to her lawyer and confirms that most of the EW people are Scientologists!

Q. Are most of the people that work at Emery Wilson involved in the broader Church of Scientology?
MS. TAGVORYAN: Objection.
THE WITNESS: Yes.

Negative Sci jargon, like "entheta" are used to describe clients:

Q. Look at Exhibit 6. Is that the dead file for Robert Meinders?
A. Yeah.
Q. And what does it show his ID status to be?
A. Major entheta.
Q. Right, and this is something that came into existence because you asked to have it created; right?
MS. TAGVORYAN: Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence, vague and ambiguous as to "created."
BY MR. PIPER: Q. Is that correct?
A. Yes.
Q. And you're the one that asked to have plaintiff designated as major entheta; correct?
A. That's correct.
Q. What does major entheta mean?
A. The word major means he signed up for a major program. Meaning not the short program or the four-day program … Entheta means disturbing. I defined the word before. Obviously receiving the lawsuit, it was disturbing.

dianetics burning on open fireClients are told that if they do not read the Scientology bible "Dianetics" they will have a heart attack.

Q. As part of the management programs, are clients ever recommended to read Dianetics?
MS. TAGVORYAN: Okay. Objection. Counsel, do you want to state why you believe this line of questioning is relevant to whether your plaintiff consented to receive a fax advertisement?
MR. PIPER: Well, I think when he was told he was going to have a heart attack because he didn't want to read Dianetics, that might have stopped there being an existing business relationship.

Scientologists are often told that if they do, or do not, read certain Scientology books their health will be directly affected.

FULL STERLING MGMT ARTICLE: http://www.angrygaypope.com/sterling_management.htm

AngryGayPope

Re: Sterling Mgmt to clients: read dianetics or get heart at

Post by AngryGayPope » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:19 pm

PS hey gang when you google "sterling management" where does the angry gay pope page show up? I got it on line 2 ahead of even YELP!

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:40 am

AngryGayPope wrote:PS hey gang when you google "sterling management" where does the angry gay pope page show up? I got it on line 2 ahead of even YELP!
Yup, number two.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:45 am

Just Googled and I didn't see AGP on the first two pages.

The top three entries were sterlingmanagement.com, a real estate management company in Oregon.

Number four was sterling-management.com (with a dash), the Scilon outfit.

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:59 am

Interesting... the company website looks like is hasn't been updated for years.

The front page says they're "celebrating Sterling's 25th Anniversary," but the "about" page says:
Welcome to Our Third Decade

We are now in our 28th year of expansion at Sterling – the most successful consulting group of its kind in the world.

<snip>
From our beginnings in March of 1983 in the back office of a dental practice in Vacaville, California, to our March 2007 expansion into our new, 20,000 square-foot headquarters pictured below, Sterling has achieved and surpassed many notable milestones.

• By 1985 Sterling had grown to a multi-million dollar organization.

• In July 1988, Sterling moved its offices to Glendale, California where it expanded even faster.

• Sterling made INC Magazine’s prestigious “INC 500” list of the five hundred fastest growing privately held companies in America in 1988 when we ranked 45th and again in 1989 when we ranked 117th.

• And capping it all off, we doubled our capacity in March 2007 when we moved to our new Glendale, California headquarters.

http://sterling.us/html/about/index.asp
If they started in 1983, 2011 would have been their 28th year.

Wouldn't thirty years in 2013 have have been a big deal? Why are they still welcoming people to their "third decade" when they're well into their fourth? Why does the front page still have a 25th anniversary celebration badge when they passed their 30th?

And what has happened since they "made INC Magazine’s prestigious “INC 500” list of the five hundred fastest growing privately held companies in America" more than 25 years ago? So much for ever-increasing stats.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:27 am

spacecootie wrote:If they started in 1983, 2011 would have been their 28th year.

Wouldn't thirty years in 2013 have have been a big deal? Why are they still welcoming people to their "third decade" when they're well into their fourth? Why does the front page still have a 25th anniversary celebration badge when they passed their 30th?

And what has happened since they "made INC Magazine’s prestigious “INC 500” list of the five hundred fastest growing privately held companies in America" more than 25 years ago? So much for ever-increasing stats.
Wow it sounds like they could really use a course on how to run their business efficiently!

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:12 am

They probably offloaded all their web site people for looking at the Internet.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Re: Sterling Mgmt to clients: read dianetics or get heart attack

Post by I'mglib » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:29 pm

AGP, I tried to figure out what this case was about, but failed.

Is it that some business run by Sterling Management is sending out junk faxes for advertising, and someone else complained that it's illegal to send junk faxes without giving the recipient the option to opt out?
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 pm

I'mglib wrote:AGP, I tried to figure out what this case was about, but failed.

Is it that some business run by Sterling Management is sending out junk faxes for advertising, and someone else complained that it's illegal to send junk faxes without giving the recipient the option to opt out?
MY SOURCE CONFIRMS:
Exactly: they'd been doing unsolicited fax advertising, and the law
says that you have to remove people from the list if they ask you to.
That's why there was so much discussion about their internal policies
and systems: the plaintiff's lawyer wanted to prove that they had a
list, and that they had the ability to remove people from the list,
and that they didn't do so even when requested.

Fortunately for us, he went digging a bit deeper into the Scientology
angle. I'm not sure about the relevance, really, and neither was the
defense lawyer, but the witness was happy to answer questions.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:45 pm

When I was on staff Scientology policy with regard to contacts was to never remove people from the files nor to discontinue contacting them unless they used a lawyer to send a cease and desist letter. If that happened the folder was flagged but remained in the files with its contents. As for the law, Scientology has no respect for it. Hubbard's policy is to apply Scientology administration, ethics, justice and so on to those who are not involved in Scientology. It may have changed since I was on staff but I very much doubt it.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Wieber wrote:When I was on staff Scientology policy with regard to contacts was to never remove people from the files nor to discontinue contacting them.
The only exception is ME. They keep trying to take me off their listings but I still keep getting impact magazine :) I think I'm one of the few people in the world who WANTS to be on their junk list!

Return to “Opinions & Debate”