Scientology just another religion using Fan-Fiction

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Don Carlo

Scientology just another religion using Fan-Fiction

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Greta Christina wrote how the Christian religion's Christmas holiday has been built up with FAN FICTION: new stories like Charlie Brown's Christmas, Charles Dickens' Scrooge, The Night before Christmas, and even Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Now Christmas is intertwined with these stories.*

There was a comment I can't find now, that Christianity's New Testament is fan fiction where they looked up Messiah prophesies in the Old Testament and tailored the Jesus story. I'd say much religious music is fan fiction-ish, creating new poetry. Handel's Messiah sets the Messiah fan fiction story to music as an oratorio,.

Then the Koran is fan fiction on the Old and New Testaments, rewriting the Abraham story, admiring Mary and Christ, but not making Christ divine.

I'd say the Book of Mormon is fan fiction on the New and Old Testament, with avid borrowing of Masonic secret rituals and music like Handel's Messiah.

I'd say Scientology dogma is fan fiction based on Hubbard's gobbling of science fiction stories, with a little borrowed, mangled reincarnation from Eastern religions, and flavored with badly understood evolution and world history. Each Scientology student is coached by their auditor to cough up his own past lives, and much of that is imitation-LRH-science-fiction. To avoid ridicule, however, CoS students aren't allowed to tell others their sci-fi adventures from previous lives, so the individual's fan fiction only lives on in the student's CoS folder.

*Meta-Stories, by Greta Christina, Dec. 28, 2015 http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2015/ ... a-stories/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”