Watching a pathetic stress test

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Watching a pathetic stress test

Post by AngryGayPope » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Earlier this week I was at Hollywood and Highland watching a cult stress test table. I didn't intervene. Only one scilon, an older long time SO no doubt, was trying to attract people. The rest were just sitting there bored at their empty table.

The scilon kept saying "free stress test free stress test" in a very lispy voice so I assume he is gay. He would say that over and over as people walked by ignoring them. And there is always a big crowd going by in Hwd now.

They were surrounded on both sides by people dressed up in silly movie costumes begging to be paid to pose for photographs. Sometimes a guy with a snake is next to them begging for photo money. The entire atmosphere is like a shady carnival from days of old and the cult looks like a joke in the middle of it.

Because they are!

Wieber

Re: Watching a pathetic stress test

Post by Wieber » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:56 am

The entire reason for the stress test is to sell Dianetics books. I just checked on selling in California and there is a requirement to obtain a seller's license. The cherch may be able to get away with selling without such a permit because cherch. This would be something that would be interesting to check. I know some jurisdictions where the requirement of such licenses was enough to get Scientology stress tests off the street.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:01 am

That stress test maneuver to get people interested has to be a total dead end these days.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:14 am

The stress test is 100% on source and a proven successful action. Scientology will continue to do it and will punish those who don't do it 100% standardly because that's the only way it can fail.

Never mind that it was successful in New York in 2003 and since then circumstances have changed.

I attended a training session for the stress test. Fortunately we ran out of time and I never did get to actually do it on the street to real people. What a relief. The 'hat write up' for it was a many page booklet printed in full color on Scientology slick paper. It was fully illustrated and laid out step by step in detail. Every part of it had at least one reference to a policy, bulletin, lecture or book by Hubbard.

David Miscavige fully endorsed the entirety of it. He dedicated a significant amount of time and resources to the stress test in one of his events. For him to issue an order to discontinue it would be an admission that he was wrong about something and that the tech doesn't work. I predict the stress test won't be going away any time soon.
Doris Lessing

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Wieber wrote:I attended a training session for the stress test. Fortunately we ran out of time and I never did get to actually do it on the street to real people. What a relief. The 'hat write up' for it was a many page booklet printed in full color on Scientology slick paper. It was fully illustrated and laid out step by step in detail. Every part of it had at least one reference to a policy, bulletin, lecture or book by Hubbard.
IS THIS THE WRITE UP YOU WERE REFERRING TO? AKA THE "NEW YORK PATTER"

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Wieber wrote:The entire reason for the stress test is to sell Dianetics books..
Oh yes the "shtick" is shove the rube in front of an emeter. Make the needle move and say "see that's stress. Dianetics cures stress" then you throw a shrink wrapped copy of dianetics in their lap and demand $20 for a book that is practically being given away on the net (if you can afford shipping :)

A cop on Hwd blvd said there was no way to stop them from diagnosing stress without a medical license. he said that once a copy of dianetics was sold then there could be legal action but it's all such effort.

Once I flipped over an emeter they were using and someone had covered up the metal legal disclaimer with a white sticker.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:57 am

AngryGayPope wrote:
Wieber wrote:I attended a training session for the stress test. Fortunately we ran out of time and I never did get to actually do it on the street to real people. What a relief. The 'hat write up' for it was a many page booklet printed in full color on Scientology slick paper. It was fully illustrated and laid out step by step in detail. Every part of it had at least one reference to a policy, bulletin, lecture or book by Hubbard.
IS THIS THE WRITE UP YOU WERE REFERRING TO? AKA THE "NEW YORK PATTER"

Yes, that is the document. There should be a copyright date on it. Scientology copyrights everything. That date should give you a clue to the date of the event about stress testing in New York. The spin was that every person involved in Scientology, even remotely, in New York City was coming out and putting in their time at the stress test tables. There was film footage of stress test tables filling up the streets in New York with non Scientology public lined up ten deep to get a stress test. This was accompanied with gushing testimonials from those giving the tests as to why they came out to help.

At the same time the word of mouth (verbal data) at the little org I was involved in was that the police in New York wanted the stress tests there and their presence was lowering the crime rate. In addition to that book sales (Dianetics: MSMH) were at an all time highest ever with people streaming into the New York org and other such gush.

The thing is, when I looked outside of the Scientology communication mechanism I found nothing to verify what had been shown in the event or talked about in the org. I wasn't a good Scientologist. Good Scientologists accept what they are told without verification or proof. Because David. :roll:
Doris Lessing

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:22 am

This was the ultimate stress test fail...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24029&p=277097&hil ... rt#p277097

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Spacecootie, that's an amazing photo of a zombie and Dianetics book. Tell us more about this.

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:40 am

Don Carlo wrote:Spacecootie, that's an amazing photo of a zombie and Dianetics book. Tell us more about this.
It's part of a series of photos I saw on another site (WWP?) back in 2007. It was apparently a Zombie Walk in San Francisco, and they overran a stress test table in the Powell Street BART station. (Scilons and Moonies have been recruiting in that area for many decades.)

I posted a number of the photos on the OCMB thread at the link below, along with my own captions.

LINKY: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24029&hilit=zombie+bart

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:42 am

More photos from the same event:

http://beardude.com/393

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Good one:

Hahaha don't look at http://beardude.com/393 during work. You'll laugh too loud.

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:51 pm

I love this one...

...though it made me a little sad when I remembered a scene from Will Smith's movie, I Am Legend.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”