Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology

Post by Wieber » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:54 am

I'm bringing this here from Tony Ortega's blog. This is the first in a series of podcasts by Ross and Carrie and their adventure into Scientology. Use the link. Listen to the podcast. All will be explained. I will attempt to post links to upcoming parts of this series as they are released. To distinguish those posts from discussion about the shows I will use the maximum size for the show title and episode number, like this:

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 1): Going Preclear
Here's the link: http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... g-preclear

Enjoy. Discuss.
Last edited by Wieber on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Re: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology

Post by Wieber » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:10 am

There were two things that came up in the podcast that happen in Scientology that I identified with. I haven't seen them discussed anywhere else.

One, is the number of registrars that get in on a sale of services. The other is that there is major negotiation for starting and scheduling.

When I was involved the involvement of more than one person involved in a sale was called, 'double teaming.' It was a way of ensuring that a sale was made. At the same time when that happened the commission for the sale was split among the people involved in the sale. From the description given on the podcast the course that was purchased involved sales pitches from at least four staff members, two of whom gave sales pitches after the sale was closed. My take on this is that the sea org staff members involved in the sale of books and courses do that to get a share of the commission and supplement their meager income. When I was in commissions for public registrar sales were %10. Division two registrars got 1%. I don't know if that has changed since. The person on the podcast bought a $50 course. The commission would have been $5, so each staff member would have got an extra $1.25 that week.

The other was Ross' description of the negotiation he had to go through to start the course and schedule it. They speculated that there may have been points or rewards for doing that. Yes, there is. It's called a stat, short for statistic. The reward for getting statistics is not being punished. By the way that particular stat is called a "public reg paid start." The money is the important part but the registrar doesn't get the stat until the student goes on course.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:41 am

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 2): We Stand Tall
http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2 ... stand-tall

"Ross continues taking his Personal Efficiency course, and Carrie visits the semi-exclusive Scientology New Year's party. Which one of them is accidentally sent into a Sea Org meeting? Who is given a free Church membership? What on Earth is an "upset"? And who the heck is Ross Blocker? The answers are within."
Last edited by Wieber on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:23 am

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 3): Create-Create-Create
http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2 ... 3q62m56uuj

"It's the next leg in our bizarre and amazing Scientology journey. Ross moves on to Scientology's "advanced" personal efficiency course, and finds it anything but efficient. As the only student in the entire class, he gets the chance to ask a lot of good questions, and get a lot of strange answers. Meanwhile, Carrie listens along with you and marks every inefficient teaching with a slide whistle. Plus, we learn that the Scientologists already lied to Ross about one of their teachings. Check it out, and get confused!"
Last edited by Wieber on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:24 am

I have discovered that as a person who was involved in Scientology and has left it that this series of podcasts has brought up points that did not occur to me as I went through my recovery from having been involved. In other words, listening to these two talk about Scientology has been therapeutic for me. I expect it would be therapeutic for others who have left Scientology.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:44 am

My intelligent relative has been duped for decades by Scientology. This entertaining series shows me where my relative might have thought "huh that's weird" but then kept swallowing the kool-aid. I hope my relative gets out and listens to Ross and Carrie.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:08 am

Want more of Ross and Carrie? I was looking for something else they did that I could share on my Facebook page as a way of sending people to the Scientology podcasts without mentioning Scientology. I discovered their podcasts on Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO). If you are at all familiar with L. Ron Hubbard's true past you should be interested in these.

Ross and Carrie Go OTO (Part 1): Nudity and Dark Rituals Edition
http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2 ... ls-edition
Carrie and Ross join the dark fraternity of the Ordo Templi Orientis, a Masonic offshoot with a penchant toward mysterious rituals, nudity, and the spirit of independence. Hear about the naked priestesses, learn the not-so-secret hand signals, and find out how Carrie and Ross volunteered to eat sperm in our latest episode.

Ross and Carrie Go OTO (Part 2): You're Always Unwelcome Here
http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2 ... lcome-here
Your intrepid investigators sit through a long meeting on the finer points of Thelema, then learn that "Do What Thou Wilt" does not extend to reporting on the proceedings of Ordo Templi Orientis ceremonies. Ross and Carrie are then unceremoniously excommunicated from the order without so much as a hot drink.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 4): Dianetics and Volcanoes
http://maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-and-ca ... -volcanoes

'The "fun" continues as Ross and Carrie get certified in Dianetics. The pair spend 22 hours at the Church over a single weekend, learning how experiences are encoded in our cells, what an "engram" is, and how to audit your friends for neither fun, nor profit. Plus, find out the secret menu item for Scientologist vegetarians.'
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Ross and Carrie are so witty and have great delivery of the punch lines.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:26 am

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 5): L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition
http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... exhibition
"Hoooo boy, more Scientology? Yes. Yes, it is. As our series rounds the midway point, join Ross and Carrie on a visit to the L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition. Let your eyes widen as you hear the various questionable biographical details of the founder's life, from being the youngest-ever Eagle Scout to performing microbiological studies... by himself. Plus, Carrie tests the e-meter, Ross recounts a previous visit where he was ejected from the building, and we review the official Scientology literature on the controversial practice of "disconnecting" from loved ones who question the Church."
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:00 pm

If you're interested Ross and Carrie's generic web site address is, http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/oh-no-ross-and-carrie
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:39 pm

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 6): The Celebrity Center
http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... ity-center
"We can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning than to enjoy a nice brunch at the Scientology Celebrity Center. We can think of few worse ways than to attend a breaking-into-the-industry seminar that starts 40 minutes late and goes for two hours. Find out how Tom Hanks made it big, and learn how to maximize your confront!"
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed May 04, 2016 3:53 am

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 7): The Way to Happiness
http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... -happiness
"We've finally got what you've been looking for: the meaning of life. Yes, you've been thinking to yourself, "How can I be ultimately happy?" Well, the answer is in a 70-page booklet called "The Way to Happiness," that is IN NO WAY affiliated with the Church of Scientology, other than being written by its founder, L. Ron Hubbard. And the organization which distributes said booklet is IN NO WAY Scientologist, other than being run by members of the Church. Hear about Ross and Carrie's visit to the headquarters of The Way to Happiness, and learn why racism isn't a problem, and oxygenated water cures cancer. We hope you're never sad again!"
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat May 21, 2016 6:12 pm

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology ( Part 8 ): The Purification Rundown Rundown
http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... wn-rundown
"Ross prepares for Scientology's hardcore detoxification program, in which he will sweat out his toxins in a sauna, chug niacin, and drink gross water until he's free of the harmful effects of... peas? Meanwhile, Carrie digs into the dirt of what actually happens in one's body during the rundown, and gets a formal invitation to Sunday Service. Then, join our duo as they attend the weekly service and read LRH's hilariously redundant words of wisdom. And finally, find out how they're found out. Will Ross and Carrie be kicked out of Scientology? Who knows! (Well, we do.)"
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun May 22, 2016 1:39 am

There is a point in part 8 when Carrie wonders if there are any books in the Scientology book store that are not written by L. Ron Hubbard.

At one time there were some written by other individuals involved in Scientology but that practice has ceased and now only books written by Hubbard or books produced by Bridge Publications without an author's name on them are sold in the Scientology book store. When I was involved I made what I thought was a great suggestion. I suggested that they also stock dictionaries in the Scientology book store. That way people wouldn't have to go to another location to buy them and the org would make a little extra money. The look of shock in response to my suggestion, in retrospect, was priceless. They looked like they wanted to assign me the lowest possible condition Scientology can dish out and they told me that only books written by Hubbard were allowed to be sold in the Scientology book store.

They didn't show me anything in writing though, so what they told me probably isn't true. "If it isn't in writing it isn't true." LRH
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”