Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Don Carlo

Re: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology

Post by Don Carlo » Sun May 22, 2016 2:42 pm

My dictionary went to Goodwill years ago. I just Google "____ definition" for word "____" that I don't remember how to spell, or what it means. Young people may only see a dictionary in school - they would first reach for their smartphone. Funny, if they Google "enturbulate" they will find much mockery.

Book dictionaries can be useful if you want, say, a word starting with "Z." You just open the book to "Z" and run down the words until you find a word you like.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun May 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Scientology does not allow lap tops, book readers, cell phones or other such electronic devices in their course rooms. I would not be surprised to find the organization still does most of its internal communication with teletype. I'm sure Chris Shelton, Mike Rinder or even Marty Rathbun could tell us if that's still the case or not.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 9): Getting the Boot
http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... tting-boot
"You've waited, you've suffered, and here it is: the final episode of our Scientology investigation. Find out how David Miscavige and his team gently kick Ross out of a church rally, what happens when Carrie tries to go back to attend an anti-psychiatry event at the church, and which of them accidentally gets invited to L. Ron Hubbard's birthday party (and goes). Plus, a few facts from Scientology's past, their kooky anti-psychiatry museum, some book recommendations, the inside scoop on who the heck Xenu is, and your questions about our investigation answered."
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:50 am

I've been listening to these podcasts. Sometimes Ross reads things that Hubbard wrote in an L. Ron Hubbard voice. I thought it would be funny if everyone involved in Scientology had to read everything written by Hubbard out loud in an L. Ron Hubbard voice.Then I imagined it for a few minutes flashing back on episodes within Scientology with people doing it. Well, that was therapeutic. Carry on.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Ross and Carrie, welcome to the club. You are now ex Scientologists.
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:27 am

Thanks for keeping up with this podcast, Wieber. I caught some of the episodes, but not all. It seems like there are so many of these journalists/bloggers who decide they are going to take a look at Scientology from the inside, by taking a personality test or whatever. These guys went much farther than that, and I applaud them. But there are people who have 20 to 30 to 40+ years of experience in the church who get out and tell their stories, which are much more tragic and life changing.

But still, it's good. The guy actually went to the birthday party event, which was interesting. Anything that exposes the abuses and craziness is good.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm impressed by how much quirky stuff they remember and report. I'd have to take notes or wear a secret wire. Also, they are so light-hearted and funny, without being personally mean to the dupes trying to teach them. I wonder how many trainers, auditors and regges got screamed at for not finding out their obvious snarky-journalist identity. Googling must be a no-no for many staff.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:11 am

I body routed a novelist into the org for a personality test. I asked them what they did and they told me and when I checked in a book store I found that they were telling me the truth. So later on that came up in a Guardian's Office (now Office of Special Affairs) security check. Luckily for the writer I couldn't remember their name and kept "remembering" something different. At that time I felt bad about not recalling their correct name. I feel good about it now. I met this person and body routed them into the org, so I dealt with them for no more than twenty minutes. The Guardian's Office security checking team called me back seven or eight times and every time they wanted to know how I knew this person, when I met them, how long I had known them, what my relationship to them was, and on and on and on, and is that all there is to that, and are you sure, and have a look, and have another look, and is that now all there is to that? Then finally, "Your needle is floating." I didn't feel like I had a floating needle but I was so glad to get out of there I didn't protest it. I just hoped I would make it past the examiner. Finally it stopped.

So, yeah. I have a feeling every Scientology staff member who had even the briefest encounter with Ross and/or Carrie has a long time ahead of them dealing with the Scientology "ethics and justice" (punishment) system.

Ross and Carrie hinted they may have more to say on Scientology. If they do it won't be from their experiences but will have to do with contact they have made with former members. I will keep checking on their site for a while because if they do something like that I'm sure it will be worth listening.

As to length of time involved with Scientology, Ross and Carrie said they spent about a hundred hours with Scientology. They went through some of the basic indoctrination, attended events, and dealt with registrars. They didn't get in deep, but, in my opinion they got in far enough for long enough to qualify as exes.

I was only in as a staff member for six years. Many people were in longer and in deeper than that. I know people who (I later found out) died when they were in. While I was in I lost everything I had. It turned out I had more than I thought I did, too. Many people's losses were far greater than mine. Luckily I had no relatives involved so I didn't lose that, where many people have lost relationships and their loss is ongoing. I'm still as much of an ex as those who lost more than I did. I don't see it as a contest of loss. You were in. You left. You're an ex. That's my take.

I don't count those who took a personality test, bought a book, or took a course for a day or so and left. Then what about long term critics who haven't been in, or those who are relatives of those who are in and perhaps have disconnected? I would call them honorary exes.

Then there's this. I have no authority on this. The best I can do is argue my opinion toward a consensus.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Sensibly Speaking Podcast #55: Oh No, It's Ross and Carrie and Scientology!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD54ZjOmSDQ

Chris Shelton's podcast featuring Ross and Carrie in the wake of their series of podcasts dealing with Scientology.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Ross and Carrie Audit Chris Shelton: It's Actually Xemu
http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... ually-xemu
Ross and Carrie talk with 17-year Sea Org veteran Chris Shelton about his decades within Scientology, including over 3 years spent in the punishing Rehabilitation Project Force (so we don't have to). Learn about the upper OT levels, the galactic back story, and how we've been getting the name "Xenu" wrong all these years. Bonus: Hear a fun new promo for our show with a familiar-sounding voice! Music from www.bensound.com.
Doris Lessing

AlaskaGirl1964

Post by AlaskaGirl1964 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:36 am

I LOVE OH NO Ross and Carrie! I just, today, finished the final Episode of theirs dealing with their trek through Scientology. While they were really good about covering themselves with saying "Well, we don"t know for sure" or "we have heard" You just KNOW that they know and now, as a listener, every thing you HAVE heard, read or seen through videos has been mostly confirmed. If you have been a long time listener of theirs how they approach 'things' does indeed give them a huge semblance of credibility. I had read up on Scientology quite abit in the past cause I'm curious about different aspects of "religion and "spirituality" (My Comparative Religion Instructor hated me in college... I know she did LOL) so I never thought myself dumb on the topic until I found a few Podcasts, You Tube channels and Blogs. WOWSA..... anyway.... back to their Podcast. I THINK in the Ordo Templi Orientis Podcast (if it wasn't that one it was around that time) Carrie talks about how she was visiting the Celebrity Center and all these young Scientologists were just running, LITERALLY RUNNING, around doing their job. She commented how she thought they were just REALLY enthusiastic about _doing_ their jobs. LOL I wonder now after learning the details of the RPF if she still has that same thought?

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 am

Carrie talks about how she was visiting the Celebrity Center and all these young Scientologists were just running, LITERALLY RUNNING, around doing their job. She commented how she thought they were just REALLY enthusiastic about _doing_ their jobs. LOL I wonder now after learning the details of the RPF if she still has that same thought?
Sounds like RPFers. Sometimes these people who decide they are going to go inside and give the real story are so concerned about being impartial they miss things, or write things off.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:17 am

The people Carrie saw running around most likely were not people in the RPF (rehabilitation project force). Scientology tends to hide those people from public view. What she most likely saw were people on the EPF (estates project force). The difference is that those on the EPF are new recruits in a type of Scientology boot camp, or basic training. There may have been some genuine enthusiasm (at least Scientology enthusiasm) to see because most new people recruited into sea org are gung ho about it. At the EPF stage they haven't yet seen that the recruiting promises that have been made to them won't be delivered.
Doris Lessing

AlaskaGirl1964

Post by AlaskaGirl1964 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 am

"What she most likely saw were people on the EPF (estates project force). The difference is that those on the EPF are new recruits in a type of Scientology boot camp, or basic training."

This makes sense to me. Angry Gay Pope had posted a video showing a Grounds Worker in the black T shirt and in the video had mistaken him for being on the RPF until he actually saw what the shirt said. The guy was EPF. I was going to go back through the videos looking for it and now I don't need to- it popped up as a recent thread. Its the guy on this thread "Elderly Hollywood Scientologist Almost Used Up". OK, I'm probably not much younger then that guy but damn! You know if they are recruiting at that age they definitely are recruiting for short term numbers.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Ross and Carrie and Louis Theroux: My Scientology Movie
http://www.maximumfun.org/oh-no-ross-an ... logy-movie
Ross and Carrie speak with Louis Theroux, filmmaker and journalist extraordinaire, about his new film: "My Scientology Movie." Hear all about the Church's response, Louis' visit to the Los Feliz Mission, his complicated relationship with former high-ranking church official Marty Rathbun, and more in this exciting dialog between Louis and two of his biggest fans.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”