Ben Foster Closeted Scientologist?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
publicrecords

Post by publicrecords » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:08 pm

I’m really surprised that nobody linked actor Ben Foster to Scientology. His ties with the church go back to the early 2000 and Danny Masterson has been the omnipresent figure in Foster’s life, except for a period of time that will be explained later. Masterson and Foster declared in several interviews to be best friends. Foster has been present to numerous events directly and openly related to Scientology: most of them had to do with Masterson’s clique of young Hollywood so called artists. Foster dated Diane Gaeta, some sort of lesser actress who attended several Scientology completions. He attended Masterson’s wedding to Bijou Phillips. He’s been photographed at events with Jason Lee (who got him a little role in My name is earl and some other little movie that flopped), Giovanni Ribisi and his clan, the Helnweins and the Pragers are good friends with him and he attended Mercedes’ art events openings. All of that is well documented by Getty pictures. Masterson went as far as hosting Sundance events supporting Fosters’ performances at the Festival. He also hosted an event for Foster at his Confederacy store. Foster has strong ties with all the Masterson clan and is close with all the clique of the Confederacy of the Dunces, is safe to assume he is a part of it. Ilairia Urbinati is his close friend too. In fact there seems to be a strong friendship between Urbinati, Masterson, Foster and the late Goss kid.

One very interesting thing is that Foster’s connection to the church and Masterson’s group seems to had vanished while Foster’s dated and got engaged to actress Robin Wright. The last public event related to the church that Foster attended was Masterson’s wedding in Ireland. That was on October 2011. Foster and Wright started dating around November 2011. Since then, and until they broke up on July 2015, Foster has never been seen publicly with any member of the group of Masterson’s and Co. Of course we cannot know if privately Foster kept contacts, he probably did, but publicly he stop hanging out with them and Robin Wright has never been linked or photographed with Masterson or any of the Scientologists Foster has been friends with for so many years. Strange, no? For someone’s best friend and his fiancee to not have any kind of connection between them. Not a picture, not an event together, a friends dinner, not any mention on their social medias. So for 3 and ½ years Foster and Masterson’s clique basically never hang out publicly.

And then, as mentioned, Foster and Wright broke up last summer, and suddenly Foster is seen again sharing concerts and social media pictures and holidays with Masterson and the Scientology clan. Not only: right after he and Wright broke up, Foster opened an Instagram (private) account and started following and be followed by basically all the young Scientologists of various degrees of fame. His account is msalohasippycup. Foster and Masterson spent NYE at Cabo San Lucas with some of the clan: Ilairia Urbinati and her husband, Cameron Richardson, and a whole gang of lesser scientologists working on showbiz, (models, D-list actresses and actors and some other showbiz low ranks) including Francoise Koster: one of the owners of noted Scientologists’s retreat La Poubelle restaurant in LA. Foster’s brother and sister in law were there too. (Chelsea Tyler and Jon Foster probably are getting the attention of the church: Tyler would be a nice catch being the daughter of rock legend Steven Tyler, both her and Jon Foster started following on IG most of the church members that spent the holiday with them in Cabo, even if Jon foster attended events with Bijou Phillips and Ilaria Urbinati before likely because of his brother’s likes to them. Jon foster had a role in one of Jenna Elfman’s shows and they are close friends as their social media activity comments between them)

So that was interesting: the whole period of time Foster and Wright dated he completely ditched his scientology friends. Is easy to assume that Wright wanted nothing to do with the Masterson clique and the church. That is no surprise being Wright an acclaimed, well connected and award winning actress (and director: she directs House of Cards too, so that must be appealing to that bunch of low rank scientologists searching for gigs) , is understandable that she wouldn’t want to be associated with them. If Wright, as I suspect, was the reason why Foster distanced himself from Masterson’s clique, then she probably was labeled as an enemy by them, and as soon as she broke up with Foster, Masterson didn’t waste any time and got him back on the spider again. A couple of months after they broken up Foster attended a concert with Masterson on November 2015 (alongside with Masterson’s band buddy and presumably a church member Nader Khierbek and Jason Lee’s ex gf and church member Beth Riesgraf too) There was a creepy candid picture of that night with Masterson and Foster kissing each other close to their lips. Since then Foster rekindled his relationships with the group.

So Foster maybe has no completions on the database but that doesn’t mean he is not a member, as many of them probably find a way to not be included on their public records: i.e. Will Smith and Family. Foster never spoke publicly about scientology, but anyone who knows how the Masterson clique, and the church in general operates knows also that is impossible to be a part of that group for years and years and not have some sort of association with the church too. Foster and all those scientologist hung out together in so many public and private occasions that would be impossible to call their relationship coincidental and Fosters relationships to this clique just a friendship.

List of certain or alleged scientologists Foster has links with: (pictures at numerous events, IG interactions, etc)
Danny Masterson
Carol Masterson and all her clan
Bijou Phillips
Jason Lee
Diane Gaeta (now Marshall)
Beth RIesgraf
Rose Goss and family
Mercedes Helnwein and family
Alex Prager and family
Michael Sagato
Ilaria urbinati
Cameron Richardson
Ben Schulman
Cat Power (aka Chan Marshall) Ribisi’s ex
Chris Kantrowitz (!!! with this one that is in Bernie Sanders headquarters)
Michael Pena
Nader Kheirbek
Giovanni Ribisi and family
Luke Watson (aka the hurricane) and his family

Most of this people, if not all of them, is friends with Foster on Instagram. They comment each other's pictures and it appears Fosters asked them not to publicly call his name, probably because in many interviews he stated that he hates social media and is not a user, which is not true, he just has a private account with an anonymous nickname (msalohasippycup)

Forgive the grammar and punctuation mistakes please. English is not my native language.
Please discuss this post and feel free to integrate information.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:05 am

Wow thanks. I will look into them. See my Scientology Celebrity Spiderweb at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=156867&p=558177
Most of the above people are on it already. The names are in order by birth year, with some lesser known people listed under their more famous relatives. Do Control-F or whatever your text-search function is, and type any surname like "Lewis", to find various people in that family.

Danny Masterson often plays the fun-loving bro on TV, but he turns 40 this March, and many of his circle are creeping into middle age. Ben Foster is 35, when middle age starts, so he might fit right in. His younger brother Jon is only 31, so who knows what he and his wife Chelsea Tyler really think. I can't find completions for either Ben, John, or Chelsea, nor for their parents. This is good news compared to numerous Danny buddies with parents, siblings, and spouses entangled in Scientology.

Many in Danny's second-generation circle don't boast lots of Scientology completions, and don't attend IAS and other CoS anniversary events. I believe CoS gives them more freedom due to Danny's valuable charisma and wide friendships. CoS rightly fears that if Danny quits Scientology, his deeply interlocked friends and perhaps even his family will also quit. Danny's circle don't seem to get extorted for money and CoS-promotion; they mostly promote EACH OTHER through art , film, TV, fashion, restaurant, and music events, and partner with each other in businesses and projects like Internet videos. They hire each other for TV jobs, photography, interior decorating, career management, etc. They seem safe from "fair game" as long as they do NOT CRITICIZE Scientology or each other.

There have been buddies of Danny who seem to NOT be Scientologists, like Ashton Kutcher, but who are REALLY QUIET about Scientology. Let's hope Ben Foster, his brother Jon, and Jon's wife Chelsea Tyler are in this group. I haven't seen evidence of courses, praise of Scientology, or attendance at anniversary events yet. I will keep looking for this.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:41 am

Scientology rumor mill verbal: A sea org staff member on a public relations post told me that Celebrity Center in Los Angeles has a secret private entrance. It's probably an open secret. They said there is either a hidden or an underground parking lot that allows people taking services there to enter and exit without being seen. They said there are celebrities that do not want their connection with Scientology known publicly and that I would be surprised to find out who is involved with Scientology.

I have a feeling those involved in Scientology who could confirm this will deny it. Celebrities who have left, such as Leah Rimini, very likely have too much class and respect for people's privacy to say what they know about celebrities who are taking Scientology services but do not want to be publicly associated with Scientology.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks for the info. Hopefully he's not a Scientologist, but just friendly with a bunch of them.

Your post reminded me of the store Confederacy that Masterson opened. Looks like it closed a while back:

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-sco ... e-7306935/
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

publicrecords

Post by publicrecords » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:32 pm

thank you for the approval and the answers.
A little bit of how I came to write this post. It all started as a casual chat with a friend who works for a little independent production company. He was supposed to work on Foster’s directorial debut, they were putting it together. The movie should have been starred by foster’s ex gf Robin Wright. He told me everything was on hold if not cancelled because of their break up. Then weeks later we were watching together a press junket for The Finest Hours, where Foster has a little role. He did the press with Chris Pine and they often would tell the interviewers how much they hate social media. My friend said this is bullshit, and that Foster has an (private) Instagram just like every other guy his age, posting often a variety of things. And he showed me the account. That’s how it started, out of curiosity. I’m not into gossip nor I follow celebrities lives or whatnot. But then this friend told me about how Foster spent the NYE week with Masterson and his Scientology friends and then I started googling and getting more and more interested in this Confederacy stuff, all those connections and I got hooked. He’s very active on IG with Masterson, Mercedes Helnwein, Schulman, Kantrowitz, Urbinati and others on that list.Then I found this forum and Ortega’s blog. Let’s say that in my free time, I started watching Masterson’s and his clique’s Instagrams, it’s fascinating what you can find in there, the networking these guys have built and how they are like a tight family. Then reading the forum nothing came about Foster, and it seemed strange given the number of events they attended together and how close they are. Then he kind of stopped hanging out with the Confederacy when he and Wright started dating and right after they broke up Masterson and Foster were again like peas and carrots (pun intended!) That grabbed my attention and I read it as Wright wanted nothing to do, rightfully, with Masterson and Co. Maybe she was positioned as a oppressive person or whatever they call them.
As soon as I have some time I’ll post some pictures, because when you see the evidence is so bumming that nobody has linked Foster to the Confederacy yet. Yes, he doesn’t seem to have attended any courses or church’s official events, and never spoke publicly about it but it’s clear to me that he cannot be so tight with this group without being, peripherally or not, involved in some capacity. I don't think he’s as deep into it as Masterson, but there’s something else for sure.

PS: as I wrote in the original post, other alleged member of the church could be Chris Kantrowitz. This guy is kind of interesting since he is a member of Bernie Sanders campaign headquarters. Comes from wealthy influential family. He can be some interesting resource for the church. As Foster could it be too. Remember that besides Cruise they have no important stars in the industry. Foster in this case is just like Ribisi: they’re both even share the same acting style: intense character roles, not leading man material but some respect among the industry. Masterson and his group are just sitcom actors with little respectability in the industry. The church might have a lot of trouble looking for the new generation of leading men the: Cruises and Travoltas and Smiths because by now they are the butt of the joke everywhere and I understand if new members are closeted and shy about it. So at least they might be aiming to anyone they can get, anyone with a little bit of credibility as artists.

As I said this fascinates me. Now I’m getting into Masterson’s failed businesses record. I’m having a lot of fun discovering how this guy has tried EVERYTHING to make some money. And always failed. The restauranteur business? failed (I don’t know yet about the one he opened with Kutcher, but the one he started with Gerald Buttler and Aly Mawji, his business partner in the Confederacy, is closed now and they were sued by the employees) The Confederacy clothing store? closed, with Urbinati giving weird explanations on why they were closing: first she said the location was not good and they were trying to move the store, but right after she said they were too busy with their careers to take care of it) The condo building ? failed and he was being sued by the Chinese Tomatobank (LOL). His music studio Bronson Island? not working anymore, website closed for lack of payments to the webmaster, youtube posting stopped Now he has a band: Grandpa and the Prowler, let’s see how that turns out (needless to say they are all scientologists)....it’s hilarious how this poor guy has tired everything. But, poor guy or really smart? I don’t know, I’m still reading. Everything is backed up by tons of articles about his failed businesses, just google it for your reading pleasure! I’d love if somebody could dig more on this. There’s a lot of fishy, shady stuff about Masterson and his businessman side.

Thanks again guys and I’m sorry for the long posts!

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks, again, publicrecord. You have gotten three posts approved so you are now a regular poster and don't need more approvals. I think Danny needs partners with business experience instead of 2nd generation Scientologists trained in "yelling at your staff about stats," and "education isn't important because I'm a big being who knows how to know."

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:47 pm

I really wonder how "in" Masterson and his friends really are. I heard him defend the church in an interview not too long ago, but other than that he doesn't participate in those crazy Scn videos, or the plays they do at Christmas or anything. I wonder if the whole group actually does any services, or if they just keep quiet to keep family relations.

The other thing is I do think it's possible for them to have friends that aren't scientologists. All the ones who were on sitcoms had to be friends with others on the show who weren't scientologists, for instance. My guess is even Tom Cruise has friends who are actors or whatever who aren't in. Who know about Ben. Maybe they mention it to him, but let him be.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

publicrecords

Post by publicrecords » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks Don Carlo and all you guys. And I’d like to ask the moderators to add a question mark to the title of this post, as was my initial intention but then I forgot, because of course we don’t have any certainty about Foster actually being a member or not. The actual reason of this post was to find out more information about it.

I’m also having fun now finding out that Masterson bought that condo for development in 2005 paying $980k. Then in 2006 he created the Bellalily LLC and in 2007 (*) asked for the loan to the Tomatobank for 3,2 million. Then of course we know that he failed to make the payments and ended up being sued by the bank for $2,9 million (**) Then he filed for bankruptcy and declared he was screwed by the bank over a structural issue. I’m having a hard time finding out how it ended.

(*) You guys know what else happened in 2007? Masterson finally purchased his dream house, coveted for a longtime, where he currently lives with his family. It’s of course just a coincidence that he paid for it $2,9 million (**). Of course I’m not implying anything, ok?...OK? LOL

This is fun!

links
http://losangeles.blockshopper.com/prop ... 440_talofa

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/acto ... s-for-12m/

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php ... ondo_loan_

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/danny-mas ... n-lawsuit/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks for the tip about Danny's real estate shenanigans. Danny DID attend the 2015 Christmas Stories*, although many of the D-list celebrities have stopped boasting about it on Facebook. He has been a magnet at the Christmas Stories, bringing in siblings, 2nd generation celebs, and non-Scientologist co-stars from his TV shows. If you wonder if Actor XYZ is maybe a Scientologist, Google
"Actor XYZ" + "Danny Masterson"
and see if they are attending a "Drug-Free" or "Purification Rundown" or "Human Rights" Scientology front-group event.

* Celeb Centre 2015 "Christmas Stories XXIII" - same old faces, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=296002

I put a question mark on your thread headline, as you asked.

I'mglib

Re: Ben Foster Closeted Scientologist?

Post by I'mglib » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Thanks for the correction, Don Carlo. Maybe Masterson still is drinking the koolaid.

Interesting about the real estate lawsuit, publicrecords.

MirnaMinkoff

Post by MirnaMinkoff » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:51 am

Well, the Foster /Penn thing is today's blind item at Crazy Days & Nights, with a lot of details on Scientology being the reason for the break. Penn wanted nothing to do with it & therefore the confederacy clan made sure she had to go.

More interesting to me is Masterson's shady business dealings. I don't think anyone would be shocked to hear about a Scio involved in shady business dealings, in fact it's par for the course. LRH lived a life of nothing but cons and shady deals. It would be great to get more info in the public sphere about Masterson's constant business failures and shyster behavior. Funny how these supposed super able cult members are such miserable failures at real business - oh no it's not b/c they are all uneducated cult members who think the world runs according to a sci-fi writer grifter.

publicrecords

Post by publicrecords » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Well, I’ve just read about that Blind Item and I must say I don’t know if I should feel flattered or disgusted if it was he case that site based a gossip on my post. Probably the second. And also if that was the case, that they read this post and wrote the blind, I have to say they totally invented the story about that set-up party or whatever. That’s not true, if as they write the evidence are IG pictures. I can say that the timing of their story is not ok. But again, I’m not into gossip or putting out anything that is not based on evidence, so whatever it is they got that story from, it’s not correct if based on IG pictures from that group. I really don’t know why Foster and Wright broke up, as a matter of fact I really don’t care. I just know, as I pointed out, that while they were dating Foster wasn’t seen or pictured in public with any of that Scientologists group, and right before and after their relationship, he was and is hanging around with them again. that’s all. Was Scientology a reason for the break up? I don’t know, based on what they post on IG could it be, I can only guess it was probably an issue.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:01 am

Here's the blind item:
http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/ ... inner.html
There were a lot of fans who really liked a certain couple together

. She is a B+ list actress who is a multiple Golden Globe/Emmy nominee/winner. Almost A list name recognition. He is an A-/B+ list mostly movie actor. Their romance kind of came out of nowhere and while the public approved, there were people behind the scenes who didn’t.
Our actor has a long history with Scientology. He is not vocal about it, but the vast majority of his friends are in Scientology. Our actor dating this particular actress was going to be a problem. A big problem. Not that they wouldn’t want to land her as one of their own, but that was not going to happen. Even if it could have happened, I’m not sure they would have taken her. At first, there were tentative feelers put out. She wanted nothing to do with any of them. Nothing. So, our actor broke everything off with all of his Scientology friends and focused on his actress girlfriend. Things got serious in a hurry. Engagement.

The thing is though, his family and friends wanted him back in the fold. What to do? They had not expected this engagement thing. They thought it would be a fling and he would move on and come back to where he was supposed to be. So, when they knew our actress would be out of town for several weeks, his old friends threw him a party. A big party. They also made sure to include about 20 really good looking women who were there to throw themselves at the actor. It worked. He took the bait. He hooked up with one of the women and she stayed with him 24/7. His “friends” made sure they posted photos of the happy couple to their social media. The next thing you know, our actress and actor have split. She throws his ring away. She is devastated.

A couple of weeks go by and our actor calls the actress and wants to get back together. They have dinner. One thing leads to another and they get back together. She insists he get rid of all the “friends” and they are gone. Banished from his life. For a few months everything is fine. Then, our actor suddenly called it off with the actress. He couldn’t handle the pressure from his “friends.” The nonstop calls and texting. And when he finally relented, they did not let him go. Someone was with him 24/7. They whisked him away for parties and fun and kept him occupied. When he started filming a movie, someone stayed with him the whole time to just be there in case he bailed. They did this for six months until they were sure everything between our actor and actress was really over.

Painter of Lite

Post by Painter of Lite » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:33 pm

publicrecords wrote:I’m really surprised that nobody linked actor Ben Foster to Scientology. His ties with the church go back to the early 2000 and Danny Masterson has been the omnipresent figure in Foster’s life, except for a period of time that will be explained later. Masterson and Foster declared in several interviews to be best friends. Foster has been present to numerous events directly and openly related to Scientology: most of them had to do with Masterson’s clique of young Hollywood so called artists. Foster dated Diane Gaeta, some sort of lesser actress who attended several Scientology completions...........................
Diane Gaeta also had a child with Scientologist Johnny Lewis, who murdered his elderly landlady and her cat:

JohnnyLewis:
An unearthed birth certificate proves that late Sons of Anarchy star Johnny Lewis did father a child with actress Diane Gaeta.
TMZ discovered the document which proves the actor - who died after murdering an 81-year-old woman in 2012 - was the parent of the baby girl who was born in 2010.

Lewis, who played aspiring biker-gang member Kip 'Half-Sack' Epps on the drama series for two years, did not have a will at the time of his death so this news could drastically affect the distribution of his estate.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z41LEnro9X

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:45 pm

There is a thread on Johnny, Actor Johnny Lewis Murder-suicide, at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113016

My guess is the clique members who were upset that a Scientologist could be a murderer, were dragged in by CoS and coached, for a fee, into parroting the official story, that Johnny's crime was caused by evil drugs and not lack of psychiatric treatment. Probably Johnny's auditors got punished for bungling his case.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”