Ben Foster Closeted Scientologist?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
moontaco

Re: Ben Foster Closeted Scientologist?

Post by moontaco » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi publicrecords. I used to follow this whole gang (Mastersons, Ribisis, Helnweins, etc.) a few years back. I haven't kept up with them recently, but I did see this latest blind item, which seems to be about Beck and Juliette Lewis and some sort of Ponzi-like deal.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/ ... rds-2.html

Back when I was paying closer attention (early to mid-2000s), Danny Masterson, Giovanni Ribisi, and Beck all seemed to be doing serious real estate dealings, as in buying homes and selling them fairly quickly. It didn't seem shady, exactly; I imagined it was some sort of house flipping. Beck in particular, for a few years, was doing that. (I was mostly aware of his RE turnover rate, but since I was watching the celebrity real estate market I noticed Ribisi's and Masterson's names coming up, too.)

Beck's business manager was (and probably still is) Kevin Burke, of [Bruce] Wiseman & Burke. Burke was involved in the sales of Beck's properties and also possibly Masterson's or Ribisi's (vague memory on that). I used to wonder what the hell was going on with all their RE stuff. I wonder now whether it's connected to this "Ponzi" stuff. I don't know much about real estate investments/speculation so I can't hazard any guesses about how it could be.

Beck ultimately ended up taking a significant loss on one of his properties. I haven't heard about much RE activity on his part since then, aside from his buying and flipping a fairly modest house in Santa Monica. (He could have done some others, but they haven't come to my attention.)

P.S. You mentioned Ben Schulman. I remember that name as being somehow involved with one of Beck's house flips. It was about 15 years ago, though, and again, my memory for the details is vague.

HelpeeHelperson

Post by HelpeeHelperson » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:01 pm

I've been an off/on lurker/learner but I wanted to follow up to this thread since it appears that no one has mentioned on the message board but Ben and Laura Prepon have announced their engagement.

The timelime follows this thread from earlier this year, in that Ben almost immediately got back in with Masterson's group when he split from Robin Wright. It appears almost immediately he began dating close friend to Danny, Laura Prepon. Laura previously dated Christopher.

Which means that as soon as Ben broke from (who was likely labeled a suppressive) Wright, Masterson connected him right back into Scientology with Prepon. Prepon has notoriously remained single - was she waited for Masterson to appoint someone for her? Who knows, but the timeline of events from just before, during and after Wright/Foster's relationship appears to jive with Foster being closeted. If he wasn't involved before (or was by association), he will be soon.
Last edited by HelpeeHelperson on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi, HelpeeHelperson. Please post a couple more times so you can post without moderation. Also be patient if we're slow to approve posts--we've been slammed with spam lately. And welcome to the board!
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

TheMaster

Post by TheMaster » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Ben is now engaged to Laura Prepon so I think we can stop wondering if he's a stealth CoS member...

http://dlisted.com/tag/ben_foster/

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:07 am

Bella Cruise is married to a non-scientologist, so who knows.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:18 pm

I have never heard about Ben Foster. Does anyone know the titles of the movies with him at a leading role?
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:27 pm

IMDb (Internet Movie Data base) is your friend. Google "any actor" + "IMDb" to see their roles and brief bio. They summarize movies and TV series, too, if you wonder "who was that actor on that movie?"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004936/ for Ben Foster.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:22 pm

^ Thanks!
He looks like an insignificant actor because I'm not familiar with any of his movies.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Katem2

Post by Katem2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 am

Ashton Kutcher for example is best friends with Masterson, have been since That 70s Show. They've talked about their long and close friendship, and said they have play dates and everything. Foster is also long time friend with Ashton K, which he said himself when he and Kelly interviewed Prepon on the show.

To poster above, "Prepon has notoriously remained single", that's a lie. She was in a relationship with the actor Scott Michael Foster for about 5 years, had flings with Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers guy) and the wrestler Roger Huerta, and briefly dated the bassist of the band Dead Sara, and the vocalist of the band Lost in Society.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”