Kate Bornstein critical of disconnection on "I am Cait"

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
I'mglib

Kate Bornstein critical of disconnection on "I am Cait"

Post by I'mglib » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:09 am

At least one good thing is coming from the show "I am Cait". The show includes a cross country trip with Caitlyn Jenner and Kate Bornstein, and apparently part of the storyline is Bornstein's issues with Scientology.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... t-bff.html
“What we learned this season is how to get those ideas across without shouting at each other,” Bornstein said.
The diverse group of women on the bus “became one of the most loving family groupings I’ve got,” she told The Daily Beast.
That family will help tackle Kate’s own past in Scientology, she said, after co-star Zackary Drucker asks about her long-estranged 43-year-old daughter, who Bornstein hasn’t seen since she left the church when Jessica was 9. (A minder from E! told Bornstein it’s best to just tease the storyline, which comes later in the season.)
ADVERTISEMENT

“You gotta remember, you’re on camera almost 24/7, and I just broke down in tears talking about that,” Bornstein said. “And what evolves from that point is going to make for something. It hurts, and I’m proud that we went there. Let’s just say Caitlyn Jenner is a champion.”
Bornstein joined the church after graduating from Brown University, rising through the ranks of the elite Sea Org and working directly with L. Ron Hubbard. She was drawn to the idea that in Scientology we’re all thetans—beings that are neither male nor female, but have no gender. She married and had a child in the church before leaving more than a decade later.
As a so-called suppressive person, she’s had no contact with her daughter (and later, grandchildren) since.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”