Clear Cognition

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Dont Panic

Clear Cognition

Post by Dont Panic » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 pm

I learned recently in a podcast about the 'clear cognition' which refers to (correct me if I'm wrong) the realization that allows someone to attain the state of clear. That realization being something along the lines of, "I realized that I've been mocking up my reactive mind this whole time and I'm not doing it anymore".

The way it was presented made it sound like this is the only thing the people reviewing the notes from your auditing sessions are looking for, and when you say it, you achieve clear. Am I understanding that correctly? If you had 2 or 3 auditing sessions, and then casually started having that realization, would they declare you as clear right away, or is the clear cognition not valid until you've taken a lot of courses and spent time in the church?

I'mglib

Re: Clear Cognition

Post by I'mglib » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:29 am

Good question, Don't Panic. And welcome to the board. Hopefully someone will come along to answer.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Supposedly, the e-meter confirms that a PC was cleared. When I was a Dianetics auditor, I didn't like the e-meter, so I wasn't using it. This Clear condition meant nothing to me. My goal was to cure people from multiple sclerosis, arthritis, etc, by erasing their engrams. That never happened, so I left CoS.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Dont Panic

Post by Dont Panic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Demented Founder wrote:Supposedly, the e-meter confirms that a PC was cleared. When I was a Dianetics auditor, I didn't like the e-meter, so I wasn't using it. This Clear condition meant nothing to me. My goal was to cure people from multiple sclerosis, arthritis, etc, by erasing their engrams. That never happened, so I left CoS.
When you were an auditor, you weren't the one who said, "Hey Paul, can you come in here? I'm looking at this dude's e-meter and I think he just went clear," were you? Does the auditor have any say in that, or are all audit sessions reviewed by a third party who would decide?

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:54 am

Dont Panic wrote:
Demented Founder wrote:Supposedly, the e-meter confirms that a PC was cleared. When I was a Dianetics auditor, I didn't like the e-meter, so I wasn't using it. This Clear condition meant nothing to me. My goal was to cure people from multiple sclerosis, arthritis, etc, by erasing their engrams. That never happened, so I left CoS.
When you were an auditor, you weren't the one who said, "Hey Paul, can you come in here? I'm looking at this dude's e-meter and I think he just went clear," were you? Does the auditor have any say in that, or are all audit sessions reviewed by a third party who would decide?
From what I have heard it's the case supervisor that invites the person to attest to the state of clear. Verbal data is not allowed but it happens almost continually. When I was on staff we had some OTs in the guardian's office but they had not contact with staff. Other than that no one involved with the org at the time was clear. A person who had recently gone clear came to the org with some sea org types to give a talk on it. They said they had completed a session and turned in their PC folder. Clear is self audited. The case supervisor came to them and told them they had permission to attest to the state of clear.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:00 am

I didn't know it at the time but I had the clear cognition from reading The Phoenix Lectures. I think I had done Life Repair at the time.
Doris Lessing

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Wieber wrote:
Dont Panic wrote:
From what I have heard it's the case supervisor that invites the person to attest to the state of clear. Verbal data is not allowed but it happens almost continually. When I was on staff we had some OTs in the guardian's office but they had not contact with staff. Other than that no one involved with the org at the time was clear. A person who had recently gone clear came to the org with some sea org types to give a talk on it. They said they had completed a session and turned in their PC folder. Clear is self audited. The case supervisor came to them and told them they had permission to attest to the state of clear.
I took the Bridge courses, and didn't go beyond Level 0.
I had a so-called twin, but neither one of us had reached the Clear condition, so I don't know who attests that the condition has been reached.

I was doing Dianetics auditing of my non-Scientology friends on my own. My auditing was based on Volumes I and II of Dianetics Series. When these Series were written, Hubbard wasn't using the e-meter.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"

Dont Panic

Post by Dont Panic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:16 am

What do you mean by verbal data?

When you say clear is self audited, does that mean you are auditing by your self with out an auditor, then you tell them you think you went clear, then they double check your folder to make sure you actually did? In other words, no one ever says, "hey, I think you just went clear"?

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Dont Panic wrote:
What do you mean by verbal data?

When you say clear is self audited, does that mean you are auditing by your self with out an auditor, then you tell them you think you went clear, then they double check your folder to make sure you actually did? In other words, no one ever says, "hey, I think you just went clear"?
First, verbal data. In Scientology L. Ron Hubbard is considered source and often is referred to as Source, like a nickname. He wrote all the technology of Scientology or delivered it in lectures that were recorded. (This isn't quite true, but it is gospel for those involved in Scientology.) In order for the technology of Dianetics and Scientology to work it must be applied exactly without alteration. In order for that to be achieved the technology must be received directly from Source, through his writings or lectures. When anyone else other than Hubbard tells about the technology or instructs someone about it there is a strong policy that the technology will be altered and so doing that is strictly forbidden. There are punishments for doing that. Anything about Scientology that is received from any source other than Source is verbal data.

I never attained anything above the primary levels in Scientology auditing so this is from what I have read and been told, not from personal experience.
For reference see the Grade Chart at this website address: http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/P ... 181_1.html
On the auditing side of the bridge, a person received auditing from an auditor until they attest to clear or until they have achieved a state of release that will allow them to do the clearing course. At that point they do courses on solo auditing. I have only seen a demonstration of this. As I understand it there are specialized training routines (TRs) for solo auditing. There are also special electrodes (I still think of them as cans) for solo auditing.

As I understand it with solo auditing the person doing it is auditor and the preclear/pre-OT. I haven't done it so I have no personal experience on how it works or whether or not it requires a split personality.

A person can attain the state of clear while doing New Era Dianetics (NED). If they do not do that then they will solo audit to the state of clear on the clearing course. If a person thinks they have gone clear before doing the clearing course, they attest to it and then do the Clear Certainty Rundown. I never did that and I haven't read the confidential material on it so I don't know what it involves, other than it's expensive.

Every auditing session in Scientology is overseen by a case supervisor. The case supervisor reviews auditing sessions, orders the next auditing action to be done, and decides when a person may attest to the state of clear. Presumably they also decide when a person may attest to the completion of the various OT levels.

I hope all that wasn't too long and tedious for you.

There is this social thing that happens in Scientology when people involved in it meet for the first time. They almost invariably ask each other where they are on the Bridge, (the processing side of the grade chart) and what courses they have taken and what course they are now taking or are about to take.
Doris Lessing

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:38 pm

In book 1 the Clear is defined as someone whose engrams were erased, In Volume I of Dianetics Series Hubbard uses the same definition of the Clear and adds that when a PC cannot recall new episodes of being unconscious, he is a Clear.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:42 am

Demented Founder wrote:In book 1 the Clear is defined as someone whose engrams were erased, In Volume I of Dianetics Series Hubbard uses the same definition of the Clear and adds that when a PC cannot recall new episodes of being unconscious, he is a Clear.
See, Scientology is a bait and switch operation. The whole point of promises made by cult leaders is that the followers never achieve what is promised.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”