Dan Murnan dead?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
charlottesometimes

Dan Murnan dead?

Post by charlottesometimes » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:55 pm

It's being reported on WWP that Dan Murnan (of Mark Bunker's "Revenge Picket" video fame) has died. I can't yet find anything to confirm it--can anyone here confirm or deny the report?

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media ... ost1056750

I'd be very sad if it were true; I've got a soft spot in my bleeding heart for that lost soul..

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Well there wa a lot of specualtion about the state of his health from the last videos he was seen in..i hope he isn't and that he wakes up and gets out of the cult to enjoy the rest of his life.

charlottesometimes

Post by charlottesometimes » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:33 am

Hrmm. I have a feeling someone could have confirmed it by now if it were true, so I'm leaning toward NOT DEAD, until I see proof otherwise. I would prefer that to be the truth anyway.

Poor Dan--I also hope what you hope, antiscn. The dude is overdue for a life outside the Truman show.

RedPill

shame

Post by RedPill » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:51 pm

What a shame, Dan looked so oatee picketing outside the home of that evil espee Mark Bunker. And at the 4th of July picket 10 years ago, it seemed that he had evil espee Mark Bunker just about ready to confess his terrible crimes against humanity and admit that the real reason he was picketing was that he wanted to stop something that was helping human kind.

In more recent videos, it did appear that Dan was a tad under nourished. Perhaps this was out of concern for starving kids in India.

Pete

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:48 pm

I've heard this speculation before, however, as others have said above,
so far there's been no proof of this rumor.

For Dan's sake, I hope he gets out of Scientology. They have used him
to near death, he certainly looked that way, in the last video we saw of him.

Dan, (Or any friends of his): Please help get this person to watch some of the videos on XENUTV.Com Ok, Ok, so you were wrong. Even Hubbard said:
"How wrong can a man be? DEAD WRONG".

Sadly, I've known *way* too many Scientologists who fit that bill, and are
D E A D. I hope for Dan's sake he breaks free, and lives to tell all about his
adventures within the slave camp pretending to be a religion. Too harsh? Sorry. Call it what you will, but take your damned life BACK and start living!

Call me anytime, I'll come pick you up and I promise whatever OSA
tells you I'll do, I won't. :alien:

Tory/Magoo
(818) 588-3044

JaneDoe

Post by JaneDoe » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:20 am

In looking for the original footage of the scene where Dan just stared into the distance I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_ZYESGBRw

Not only did they use Karma Police (in my mind, THE scientology song), but they captured perfectly the "hollowing" of this man: the very sucking out of him everything that made him who he was until he just stares off into space, utterly bereft of life. Even if he is not physically dead, those eyes say so so much about how Scientology can completely destroy a person mentally, physically, and spiritually. Yes, he's given all he can, and he's found out for the "church" it can never be enough.

Those eyes. In all the shocking things I've seen regarding scientology the two things that had the greatest impact were these: Lisa McPherson's Autopsy photos, and that stare of a man in utter wordless spiritual and mental agony. Those are the eyes of a man living in a self created hell. It just breaks my heart.

No actor could ever fake something as raw and as real as that unspoken and utterly hopeless cry for help. An animal caught in a trap that has lost all will to live would give much the same look.

Dan: if by some miracle you can read this, people out here who are complete strangers to you care about you more than those you have placed your trust in for years. They have abused every good impulse and turned it into something evil. If you are still alive, please, please, please...get out.

ZenuEtrawl

Post by ZenuEtrawl » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Dan's father, Don, who was not a cult member, died on August 14th. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/seattl ... =131556713

Dan is alive:
"Dan Murnan is alive. I was told he had passed away earlier this year of a heart attack, by someone who said they saw it in a post here. I thought it was true. Therefore, I commented on the video I had heard he had passed away. So... I did a standard search and came up with his business name and called him. He answered the phone. He asked my why I was calling, and I told him I was concerned as I had heard he had passed away.He acked me, and said goodbye. It was him. Dan Murnan is alive. Sorry for any misemotion."
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... e-56021/8/

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:06 am

Thanks very much, ZenuEtrawl!

T

AlaskaGirl1964

Re: Dan Murnan dead?

Post by AlaskaGirl1964 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:31 am

I know this is a long dead post but came across this! https://www.facebook.com/photosbysteve678/ Looks like Dan is still in the Church.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:39 am

Sure enough, he looks alive and well. Good find Alaskagirl.

Hopefully we haven't disapproved any of your posts. Would love to hear more from you. If you post 2 more times you are good to go, and welcome to the board.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

AlaskaGirl1964

Post by AlaskaGirl1964 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I'mglib! No, no posts have been disapproved Been just doing lots of interesting reading! I'm sure the posts will be coming cause the head is full of questions! :)

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:50 am

AlaskaGirl1964 wrote:Thanks for the welcome, I'mglib! No, no posts have been disapproved Been just doing lots of interesting reading! I'm sure the posts will be coming cause the head is full of questions! :)

Oh, good. Some of us have been here a loooooong time, and there are stories we have been swapping for years. Leah Remini did a great job, but it only scratches the surface. There is so much more--I just hope she does a second season.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

AlaskaGirl1964

Post by AlaskaGirl1964 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:19 am

YES! I hope she does. So many directions and questions left to explore! I hope there are many many more seasons. Be well!

Return to “Opinions & Debate”