One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Does Scientology Actively Encourage Suicide?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm 

There have been instances where people who were involved with scientology who have committed suicide and a correlation between scientology and their suicide was posited.

Now there's something that seems to be a little more than a correlation on this. It came up on another thread on this message board.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=374233#374233

That dealt with this article in German.

http://www.stern.de/tv/sterntv/scientol ... 44282.html

Here's the Google translation (which I started to edit with the aid of a large German/English dictionary but I didn't get past the first couple of sentences):

Quote:
Former Scientology Member, Lino Bombonato

When friends become enemies

Scientology was Lino Bombonato's life: for seven years the Rhinelander was busy every day with the cult. He worked for a pittance for them. In the end he even spied on those critical of the cult. But then came his image of the healing world of Scientology to falter.

Actually, it's just a personality test on the website of Scientology, which makes curious Lino Bombonato in 2003. After his mood of the then 15-year-old is asked because, for example, whether he sleeps well, and whether he is inclined to jealousy. The student answered the questions, also indicate their contact information. A little later he makes his way to Dusseldorf: In the local Church of Scientology, he will ask for his test result.
Meteoric rise in Scientology

But with the alleged personality test is not all. The Scientology people arouse the interest of the young Rhinelander - and inspire him for membership. The idea to develop themselves "," Lino is Bombonato exciting. So he begins to attend Scientology courses of Düsseldorf church. Shortly thereafter, he puts down a steep sparkling career. Lino Bombonato feels safe with the Scientologists and recognized. The sect was at this time "was like a family," he says today. The young man is a member of the Scientology secret service, spying on critics and tried to disrupt demonstrations by opponents of champagne.

The relationship with his parents while getting worse. Lino Bombonato holds only for the money to contact them - for a Scientology-free membership. Because his father refuses to sect, Lino Bombonato can not continue to rise within the organization. One last chance to change that seems to be the suicide. The Scientologists have persuaded him, after his death, he could be reborn in a "better environment", ie, with parents who are themselves Scientologists.

Suicide attempt fails

But the suicide attempt fails: Lino Bombonato be found in time. But the young man still thinks it does not always get out. Only his espionage activities he later opened his eyes: Actually, he is chatting with members of an anti-Scientology organization in order to sound out. But the contact is close.

As Scientology draws suspicion Lino Bombonato must justify itself before the champagne superiors in so-called ethics sessions. It will be connected to a polygraph. Acting through its discussions with a Scientology opponent Lino Bombonato, lying in the experiment. The device does not detect the lie. Lino Bombonato is shocked - in fact he has believed in the functionality of the device.

A friend tells Lino Bombonato

He confides his doubts to a friend - but who betrays him. Scientology Condemns Lino Bombonato to further ethics sessions. End of May 2009 it is clear his decision: The then 22-year-old wants to get out. Personally, he goes into the Church of Scientology, then announced his decision. The cult members react cold - no one seems to be for Lino Bombonato interested. "It was a bitter realization that have treated me as someone with a stroke is not worth anything," says the young man today.

After leaving Lino Bombonato is left with nothing: He has $ 8000 to pay off debts to the bank must credit, he has begun to fund his champagne membership. A training he did not, the school he has broken off after the CSE. Seven years of his life are wasted.

The drop looks ahead

Scientology has made the 23-year-olds almost everything - alone makes him the sect is still not. The Scientologists are trying to ruin his reputation on the Internet, and share personal against him. Lino Bombonato still looks to the future: He wants to repay his debts. And he wants to learn a trade - preferably one in which he can help other people.

(Sidebar 1)
Scientology The Scientology ideology goes back to the American writer L. Ron Hubbard. In many countries, the organization known as Scientology Churches operates - including in major German cities. In the public perception is very controversial Scientology: The organization is observed for example, since 1997 by the Constitution, because in Scientology "actual evidence of attempts against the free democratic order" there, they say.

(Sidebar 2)
Help for drop support for people who are members of Scientology and would like to get out there among others in the Hamburg Scientology Task Force. Contact information and numerous publications around the topic of Scientology can be found on the homepage:
www.hamburg.de/ag-scientology

Now there's my posting on that thread about the mention of suicide in the article.

Wieber wrote:
Quote:
The relationship with his parents while getting worse. Lino Bombonato holds only for the money to contact them - for a Scientology-free membership. Because his father refuses to sect, Lino Bombonato can not continue to rise within the organization. One last chance to change that seems to be the suicide. The Scientologists have persuaded him, after his death, he could be reborn in a "better environment", ie, with parents who are themselves Scientologists.

Even for scientology this is squirreley. Is there anyone else who has been handled to do this? Anyone know? Can this one be verified?

And Sea Horse's reply:

Sea Horse wrote:
Wieber wrote:
Even for scientology this is squirreley. Is there anyone else who has been handled to do this? Anyone know? Can this one be verified?

I know people who were labelled "illegal pc's" because of past mental health care who were believed that they should "get a new body and start over again".

They didn't get those ideas all on their own!

In the literature on post traumatic stress syndrome it is generally accepted that people suffering the effects of post traumatic stress can become suicidal. Up until now I have been assigning traumatic stress and post traumatic stress as a reason why some people involved with scientology commit suicide.

Now we have one instance where allegedly, a person involved in scientology was actively encouraged to commit suicide. In this case, apparently, the encouragement went beyond mere suggestion.

It would be nice if the journalists involved with Lino Bombonato could follow up with him specifically on the subject of scientology/scientologists allegedly encouraging him to commit suicide.

If there is any other evidence of people being actively encouraged to suicide in scientology or anything in Hubbard's output that indicates it, please, post the material or a reference to it in this thread.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject: Re: Does Scientology Actively Encourage Suicide?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:22 pm 

Wieber wrote:
If there is any other evidence of people being actively encouraged to suicide in scientology or anything in Hubbard's output that indicates it, please, post the material or a reference to it in this thread.
Steven Fishman: Lonesome Squirrel, Chapter 22 "It's Easier To Bury One's Mistakes", about halfway down the page:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~fishman/ls/ls22.html
Of course the whole book is available on Internet - link to the contents here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~fishman/ls/indexls.html
(However, I am not 100% convinced that what Mr Fishman is saying is 100% true 100% of the time. But I could be wrong - that has happened before. And even if I am right, parts of his story have been confirmed by others, so obviously he sometimes IS telling the truth - and this could very well be one of those occasions.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 pm 

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but this is Lino Bombonato's YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/shindhara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 pm 

Quote:
"There is only one solution to all of this", she said stoically. "You are to do an End of Cycle of your current lifetime."

In scientology, apparently, they use the euphamism of "end of cycle of your current lifetime" for "suicide."

From the document referenced Steven Fishman received the order to do this from scientology's international justice chief (IJC). It also states that Fishman was shown confidential materials on the subject.

Is there any chance those materials are on the "briefing course?" Has anyone on this message board seen them?

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:18 am 

One clam staffer in Clearwater told a friend of mine, that when he decided he was done with his meat body, he was going do a "WALK IN, and take over someone else's body"

The most powerful inducement for both suicide and justifying child sex, is this one scientology mantra, repeated thousands of times..

"IT IS JUST A MEAT BODY"

David Sandweiss, an OSA agent in Las Vegas who had been caught breaking into a psychiatrists office to steal patient records, was encouraged to put the gun into his mouth and blow his brains out by two men, who had drugged him, and who were never seen but their voices were heard by a witness...his ex wife..Lisa Gibson, who, though they were separated at the time, stopped by to visit her husband, with a bottle of champaign and two wine glasses in her hands, she knocked on his door, and when he answered he tried to get rid of her... she could tell he was not right, and heard voices.. he told her sternly to leave, she left he closed the door, and she hid in some bushes, and two men came out looking for her...and she hear one speak to the other one... and heard his voice.. but only saw their legs through the bushes she was hiding in, the next day, David was dead. she told me the voice sounded like it might have been Steve Fishman's..i never mentioned this before...it could have been anyone...who was in Vegas GO back then, or hired by them.. to drug David and induce him to do an End of Cycle...

Lisa and i spent some time trying, without success, to get the DA in Las Vegas to reopen what was listed in their records as a "Suicide"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:50 pm 

< redacting personal info >

Last edited by P. Don Ron on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:36 am 

"Does Scientology Actively Encourage Suicide?"

IMO, it would be more correct to say that Scientology does not discourage suicide. Suicides and deaths that eliminate bad PR for the Cult seem to have happened over the years. Had it not been for Bob Minton, God rest his soul, Lisa McPherson's terrible ordeal and death may have passed unnoticed.

The death of Scientology OT VII Albert Jaquier is a case in point of CoS not helping or intervening on behalf of an OT when help was requested and needed. Jaquier was broke, in debt, and failing health. He had donated a fortune to CoS. Albert was owed one million dollars by other Scientologists and they would not repay him. The Church did virtually nothing to make them repay loans. Albert grew despondent with each passing day. As Albert was slowly dying, he kept a journal. After his death, his ex-wife published excerpts of his diary online to expose Scientology:

Quote:

Diary of a dying Scientologist OT7

Albert Jaquier gave Scientology his all, and Scientology repaid him by leaving him to spend his last days alone, in ill-health, poverty and despair.

This article contains excerpts from the diary of my ex-husband, ALBERT JAQUIER. These entries are from 1994, the last year of his life. He died on December 11, 1994. He was 59 years old when he wrote these entries. He had completed OT7, which promises to make a person "Cause over life", he had been in the Scientology cult for 14 years, and had given his fortune of several million dollars. He had a heart condition, was physically incapable of working, and had had a stroke at the end of 1992. Shortly before his death he told me he did not think he would live very long and made me promise I would make his experiences publicly known so that others would not have to suffer in the same way. The original entries are in French, which I have translated. My explanations of his shorthand, and identification of the names involved, are in parentheses. While reading this it should be borne in mind that the picture here is of a man who had been pushed way beyond the limits of what anyone should be asked to suffer. It would be a great disservice to his memory if I did not indicate that, prior to losing his health, Albert had worked, and he routinely worked 16 and 18 hour days, seven days a week. That was how he had gotten from being a junkyard laborer to a self-made millionaire pre-Scientology. If he had been physically capable of working he would have tried to recover from or prevent his financial ruin. He was a warm-hearted and generous man, the proof is he LOANED over $1,000,000 to 11 Scientologists, without collateral, on the recommendations of other Scientologists and, at the time of his death, only one of them had repaid him.

The Scientologists who did not repay Albert, and the amounts he calculated they owed as of May 1994, are as follows:-

Amount owed as of May '94
CHRISTIAN BOSIGER OT8 $ 33,940
JODY DARLING OT7,PATRON MERITORIOUS $304,564
CHRISTIAN DELALEZE, SEA ORG MEMBER $ 12,120
? LABRE, CLEAR $ 9,131
? PESCE $ 731
? PICHON, CLEAR $ 41,587
CLAUDE-ANDRE QUENNOZ, CLEAR $ 32,859
RENALD RACINE, ON OT7 $ 8,891
HANS-KASPAR RHYNER, OT5, PATRON MERITORIOUS $344,028
GIGI TROGLIO, OT7 $ 46,062

/////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:11 pm 

Albert Jaquier's story is tragic. What really makes me sick is reading these two entries on the list of people who left him broke by not repaying the loans he made to them:

JODY DARLING OT7, PATRON MERITORIOUS $304,564
HANS-KASPAR RHYNER, OT5, PATRON MERITORIOUS $344,028

If just those two people had repaid him, it would have made all the difference in Albert's life. But no, Jody Darling's and Hans-Kaspar Rhyner's extreme narcisissm made them crave high-cost status in Scientology, to become a so-called "Patron Meritorious," even at the expense of ruining a generous self-made man. It reinforces the impression that Scientology is a dog-eat-dog culture where normal ethics don't apply in the upper echelons.