Seems Scientology is making Hubbard look better than he did.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Seems Scientology is making Hubbard look better than he did.

Post by Wieber » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:12 am

Members of this board have been making comments on how Scientology has manipulated photographs of L. Ron Hubbard to make him look better. It seems the organization has taken another step in that direction. The poster below appeared in Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker.

It depicts a younger Hubbard, likely from a time before he published Dianetics: MSMH.

Of all the pictures I have seen of him from this time period he never looked at all the way he is depicted in this poster. I think the 'Father Knows Best' image still comes across though.

It seems to me that if Scientology continues this progression of improving L. Ron Hubbard's visual representation, at some point the improved image may be so different from how L. Ron Hubbard actually appeared such that if he ever does manage to come back he won't be recognized and won't be able to prove who he is.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Re: Seems Scientology is making Hubbard look better than he did.

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:24 pm

There's been so much photoshopping to remove Hubbard's triple chin, improve the hairline, trim the waistline, etc. They can't fix that contemptuous smirk, liver lips and the underlying lack of fitness, though.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:30 pm

This might be a photo of young Hubbard. Perhaps, when he was in his early 20-th he was not a fatso.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 am

Demented Founder wrote:This might be a photo of young Hubbard. Perhaps, when he was in his early 20-th he was not a fatso.
It's a drawing of him of the way he looked when he was about thirty. There are pictures of him from that time period and this is close. However this drawing makes him look much better than he actually did at that time and although all the correct features are there it does not exactly match those photographs.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Here's a photo as a gangly glum young man. He never had male-model looks. http://www.scientology.cc/en_US/about/lrh/answers.html

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:39 am

When I see pictures of old Lafe, he always reminds me of the intro to the old Alfred Hitchcock TV show. he looks like he's in some costume, never looks like a genuine human being. looks like Alfred made up for his monologue.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”