One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: What can Marty do about it?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 am 

Curiosity asked for information on Gerry's current situation with Scientology and how Marty could help. For convenience, here are the links to Gerry's letters to Marty and one to Mike Rinder:

31 May 2009 Open letter to Mark C. Rathbun
7 July 2009 Letter to Rathbun for help getting back stolen manuscript
12 July 2009 Sitting Bull blowing smoke
14 August 2009 Letter to Mark Rathbun re: Black PR to the IRS
18 August 2009 To Mark Rathbun: Help on Black PR
4 September 2009 Letter to Rathbun: Apology not needed or wanted
6 September 2009Letter to Rathbun: Seeking Understanding from Wogs
14 April 2010 To Mike Rinder

curiosity wrote:
I know that Gerry Armstrong has some real history with Rathbun, Rinder, and Miscavige. I quickly skimmed through the letters you linked, and I'm unclear on a few things:

1. What are the PRESENT DAY injustices that are still being perpetrated on Gerry? Didn't his battle with Scientology end years ago? What exactly is it that COS is still doing to him today?

Gerry’s battle with Scientology, both in and out of the legal arena, continues. Scientology has jail sentences and fines against him in California that Marty’s testimony by declaration could correct. Marty was in charge of litigation during the period these jail sentences and fines were obtained, and they were obtained through lies and abuse of the legal process that he knows about. What is needed from Marty is the truth.

There’s an unlawful injunction in effect against Gerry that Marty is responsible for as the cult’s litigation head. What is needed from Marty is the truth concerning his knowledge of the injunction’s illegality and how the cult obtained it. Removal of the injunction, which could be done if Marty told the truth, would free Gerry from this evil. The cult still uses the injunction around the world to black PR Gerry and deny him many opportunities. See, e.g., the cult’s use of the injunction, during Marty’s period directing external actions, to cause Gerry trouble in Russia: http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/scientology-da-docs.html#russiada, and even here in Canada: http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/decl-2008-03-04.html; http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/decl-2007-08-16.html.

The cult had an agent right across the street from Gerry and me in our little town of Chilliwack, who spied on us and attempted to entrap us in 2004 and 2005. http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/decl-2005-09-05.html. Marty might not know about this op, but certainly Rinder does. We have reason to believe that the cult still has operatives surveiling us.

There are 6 cases in which Scientology, with Marty running its litigation machine, sued Gerry. There are a lot of lies in those cases. What is needed from Marty is the truth.

Scientology fair gamed Gerry’s attorney Michael Flynn, and coerced him into lying to Gerry to get him to sign the cult’s settlement contract, and then betraying Gerry. What is needed from Marty is the truth about what was done to Flynn. Marty was involved in obtaining false testimony against Flynn that Marty knew was false.

Scientology obtained its IRS tax exemption in large part by lying about Gerry in the cult’s submissions. Marty was responsible for the lies in those submissions. What is needed from him is the truth to correct those lies. Read these documents: http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/irs/index.html

Gerry has a claim against Scientology for his loss of legal residency in the US. What is needed from Marty is the truth about the cult’s fair gaming of Gerry and the cultists’ criminal intentions towards him, which can be used in Federal Court to get back his legal resident status.

There is black PR on Gerry generated by Marty and his juniors that exists in media archives, government files, and in people’s records and minds around the world. What is needed from Marty is the truth.

curiosity wrote:
2. How can Gerry expect Marty to get back Gerry's manuscript and artwork from COS when Marty is now a declared SP and has no ability to get anything from COS? Marty can't sue on Gerry's behalf. Only Gerry can do that.

Again, what is needed from Marty is the truth. He knows about the theft of Gerry’s ms, art and other papers. Individuals Marty directed broke into Gerry’s car and stole these things. Marty knows that Miscavige had them. Jesse Prince has already stated that Marty knew these facts.

Gerry doesn’t want Marty to sue Miscavige or the cult to get back Gerry’s things. Gerry wants the truth from Marty, which, to be useful, would be in a declaration. Gerry’s legal people can use Marty’s truthful declaration to go after Miscavige and the cult to get back Gerry’s things. Marty withholding of any declaration to help Gerry helps Miscavige.

curiosity wrote:
3. Why won't Gerry accept an apology from Marty? Since Marty was one of the perpetrators, wouldn't an apology be an acknowledgment that COS, acting by way of Marty and Rinder, was wrong?

I don’t know where you got the idea that Gerry wouldn’t accept an apology from Marty. To our knowledge none has been offered. Gerry did receive a nasty e-mail from Marty, but no apology to accept or reject. Gerry simply is not asking for an apology. He’s asking for something meaningful, which Marty is in a position to provide, to correct current injustices, black PR and other unlawful or oppressive situations. An apology from Marty without his taking any responsibility for his past actions and the current situations would be worse than no apology.

curiosity wrote:
[...] I'd like to see Gerry achieve a sense of closure in regard to his personal situation with COS given that he was a trailblazer in the critic's movement. What exactly is it that Marty can do for Gerry, summarized in a short list, given Marty's current status?

1. Communicate to Gerry.

2. Debrief to Gerry, and his legal representatives, on all the lies, black PR, legal actions, intelligence actions, etc. Marty knows about that were perpetrated against Gerry, his attorneys, his family and associates.

3. Execute declarations that contain the facts elicited in the debrief.

4. Make himself available to testify in any legal proceedings to correct the injustices or situations listed above.

5. Apologize if he wants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:42 am 

I completely agree, Caroline (and Gerry!)

While I know scant little about what happened to Gerry* re: Scientology, I know that it would be a very good thing if Marty were to stand up on the side of justice.

I give Marty a lot of flak -- and I've even taken flak here over my opinions of Marty. I still believe there's a big chance he's hoping to oust Miscavige and in the surrounding hooey, get "begged to come back and rule Scientology as he was so right about DM and LRH!!1!" For him to stand up and lift up someone he helped kick down, that would go a long way to establishing himself as a good man, the man he wants to be. Hell, it'd make ME believe in him!

It's just the right thing to do, Marty.

* I need to fix this. I'm gonna do some reading on this... I know I read this in '02 when I first found about the horrors of Scientology, but things have unfortunately blurred together. At any rate, I think you and Gerry are fine people; and even if you weren't, you still wouldn't deserve Sci's treatment.

“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:41 pm 

Caroline,

Thanks for the info. I also looked up Gerry's entry on Wikipedia.

I wish that I was a lawyer so that I could help Gerry. I can only offer a few thoughts that would need to be confirmed by a lawyer.

It seems that Gerry would need to go back to court to get things fixed since his current problems stem from court orders that COS had obtained against him. I assume that these orders all came from California courts, so Gerry would need to talk to a California lawyer.

If a lawyer says that there might be a way to fix the problems, then some kind of legal case would need to be filed in court. That's where a declaration from Marty or Mike could be helpful. I certainly cannot speak for either one of them, and I have no idea if they would offer assistance, but they did help in the Headley lawsuit.

My understanding of the rules of evidence is that it would not help Gerry for Marty or Mike to just post something on the internet. Gerry could not use that in court. He would need to get a formal sworn declaration in connection with a specific court action where Gerry is asking the court to make some new orders. I think that whoever wrote such a declaration would also need to make themselves available as live witnesses.

If a lawyer thought that Gerry could be helped with testimony from Marty or Mike, the lawyer could contact them to see if they would participate before filing an action in court on Gerry's behalf.

Again, I am not a lawyer, so Gerry would need to confirm everything I just wrote with a lawyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:44 pm 

The first thing that Marty needs to do is to stand up and admit that L Ron was a complete and utter sham(maybe an udder sham), that the evils we now see with leadership in this cult was first set forth by L Ron himself, and that he needs to admit that he was screwed by the cult and he helped the cult screw others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 pm 

Simonymous wrote:
At any rate, I think you and Gerry are fine people; and even if you weren't, you still wouldn't deserve Sci's treatment.

Thanks Simonymous.

You’ve hit on the key to unraveling Scientology and Scientologists,’ including Marty and Mike’s, long war on Gerry. Even if he was the most evil person in the world, Gerry does not deserve their treatment. They black PR him as evil incarnate to justify the evil they perpetrate against him, including more and more black PR.

A Suppressive Person is simply someone who tells the truth about Hubbard, Scientology and Scientologists. That’s all Gerry did to have now almost 29 years of fair game, including multiple assaults, death threats, 6 lawsuits, false criminal charges, and a mountain of black PR thrown at him.

Yet unlike Marty, Gerry never assaulted anyone, never ran a network of PIs on anyone, never brought false criminal charges against anyone, never used the law to harass anyone, never locked anyone up, never drugged anyone with date rape drugs, never silenced anyone, and never did a thousand other evils Marty did as routine. And that is why Marty, Mike and Scientologists universally hate Gerry and postulate his obliteration as Hubbard ordered in Scientology scripture; because Gerry is not and refuses to be the evil person they insist he is.

Marty knows all this very well. Gerry spelled it out for him a year ago.

Gerry wrote:
It is apparent to me that for you the black PR on me that you have originated, received or forwarded justifies your refusal to correct the lies or to help me end the injustices and other fair game that Scientology and Scientologists have perpetrated and continue to perpetrate against me. I don’t think you’d say to your posse or associates that you don’t help me because you’re afraid. Pretty well everyone’s afraid. I’m afraid that you, or Miscavige, or some Scientologist or Scientology op, agent, cutout or Marcabian candidate, will act to have me killed. I still send this letter, however, because, in this matter, I’m not a coward, nor am I paranoid. I don’t think you’d tell anyone who dared engage you on the Gerry Armstrong matter that you don’t do anything because you’re a coward. It would have to be because I’m such a bad person, I’m so evil, I’m such an SP, I’m so prolix, I’m such a Hubbard hater, I’m so truly psychotic, etc.

Yet the black PR on me in reality is useless. It wouldn’t matter if I was, as Scientologists from DM down, or up, postulate, the most evil person on the planet, you still cannot lawfully prevent me from talking about Hubbard, Scientology and Scientologists. It demonstrates the subject’s and organization’s sociopathy and its manufacture of sociopathy, plus demonstrates its failure. You Scientologists inside and outside of the cult have had 27+ years to DA me, to disprove what, also throughout that time, I was saying. You failed. You carried out a global black PR campaign against me, and did your dedicated OT best to degrade my image to beast level and get others to degrade my image to beast level. That campaign has not ended, although so far it too, like your DA efforts, has failed.

Now is the time to accept failure so we can all move on. Don’t buy or pretend to buy Scientology’s black PR that I need to get a life. I have one. I just don’t need eight million, or fifty thousand or even one Scientologist applying the SP doctrine to me, when it’s so clear that in the Scientology v. Armstrong war all of that application has only yielded loss, threat of loss, and terribly bad PR. Yes, I know that you got some court orders against me and unconscionable money judgments, you’ve been able to print black PR on tons of paper and send it around the world, and you’ve been able to keep threatening and posturing. But these are just Scientology and Scientologists committing more crimes for which they can also lose, and in the war of truths have already lost.

Everybody knows Scientology and Scientologists do what bullies do. When they lose, they always act the part of poor losers. They’re always hoping that one more piece of black PR believed by one more fooled person about the guy who successfully stood up to them will make their losing disappear. And it’s true; for a second it can seem to work. If black PR is dragged through time to keep it working, of course, it becomes sociopathy.

Poor losers also hope and pray for something evil to befall the person who stood up to them, which, in their minds, in many instances, is all it takes to win against them. That is why, since Scientologists universally sense that more black PR won’t work, 27+ years of black PR having failed (except notably with the IRS, of course), and since they refuse to dump poor loser tech, the threat of assassination has never been higher. There are some awfully gargantuan illusions on the line here. It would be beneficial to Scientologists and to their wog targets that they be taught and learn to be something different from poor losers, especially with all the losing they’re facing in their future..

Accepting that people’s evilness can be quantified, you cannot lawfully in the US silence someone about his religious beliefs about a religion if he was the most evil person on the planet. The evil I do, of course is to criticize the evil that falsely declares me and my class evil. I have long since proven that I am not evil. All the black PR Scientology and Scientologists and all their attorneys, agents and volunteers can mock up and spread around will never change this truth. Their black PR needs to be dealt with conscientiously, not as poor losers.

To Mark Rathbun: Help on Black PR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 am 

curiosity wrote:
Thanks for the info. I also looked up Gerry's entry on Wikipedia.

Great. He also has a web site that could be instructive if you really want to understand Scientology’s long war on him. http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/
curiosity wrote:
I wish that I was a lawyer so that I could help Gerry. I can only offer a few thoughts that would need to be confirmed by a lawyer.

It seems that Gerry would need to go back to court to get things fixed since his current problems stem from court orders that COS had obtained against him. I assume that these orders all came from California courts, so Gerry would need to talk to a California lawyer.

Gerry has California lawyers and has talked to them.

curiosity wrote:
If a lawyer says that there might be a way to fix the problems, then some kind of legal case would need to be filed in court. That's where a declaration from Marty or Mike could be helpful. I certainly cannot speak for either one of them, and I have no idea if they would offer assistance, but they did help in the Headley lawsuit.

Did they? Wasn’t the Headley lawsuit dismissed? The declaration of Marty’s I read contains the same line of lying he put into declarations he executed while in the Sea Org. For example, this one that Scientology filed in its first case against Gerry: http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a1/2129.php

Why the Headleys’ attorneys filed Marty’s declaration, which contains assertions of fact that serve Scientology’s purposes, who knows. I realize that they have their own legal strategy that I'm not privy to, but it appears to me that the Headleys want to get paid more for the work they did to support, promote and expand a great evil. They object to the abuse that was heaped on them as they did this work, and object to being paid slave wages for their work, but don’t claim they were defrauded into supporting, promoting and expanding that evil, or that the evil is evil. I suppose though that if they had called the evil an evil, or a fraud, Marty wouldn’t have provided his “help.”

That Miscavige converted Scientology from a religious organization into a commercial operation is simply not true. It was always a commercial operation. But big deal. Commercial operations in the US can be religious organizations by self-determination.

curiosity wrote:
My understanding of the rules of evidence is that it would not help Gerry for Marty or Mike to just post something on the internet.

I don’t think that makes sense. Of course it would help Gerry if Marty and Mike posted the truth on the Internet about their decades of fair gaming him. That’s why Marty and Mike don’t do it.

But Gerry isn’t asking them to just post something on the internet. He’s asking them for declarations that can be used in court, and he’s asking them to communicate with him so that he can, with his legal representatives’ help, correct existing injustices and black PR that Marty and Mike perpetrated.

curiosity wrote:
Gerry could not use that in court.

Sure he could. But it depends on the case and context. Even now, Gerry can use Marty and Mike’s unsworn statements in court. See for example, this fact concerning a Rinder letter, not sworn testimony, that was included in Gerry’s Separate Statement Of Disputed And Undisputed Facts In Opposition To Motion For Summary Adjudication, which was filed in the fourth lawsuit the cult brought against him:
Gerry Armstrong wrote:
Scientology (CSI) director Michael Rinder on May 9, 1994, wrote a letter to the Mirror Newspaper Group in London, United Kingdom in which he stated that Armstrong "has now distinguished himself by posing naked in a newspaper;"

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a4/2605.php

curiosity wrote:
He would need to get a formal sworn declaration in connection with a specific court action where Gerry is asking the court to make some new orders. I think that whoever wrote such a declaration would also need to make themselves available as live witnesses.

Maybe you missed this part of my post:
Earlier, I wrote:
Earlier, curiosity wrote:
What exactly is it that Marty can do for Gerry?

Debrief to Gerry, and his legal representatives, on all the lies, black PR, legal actions, intelligence actions, etc. Marty knows about that were perpetrated against Gerry, his attorneys, his family and associates.

Execute declarations that contain the facts elicited in the debrief.

Make himself available to testify in any legal proceedings to correct the injustices or situations listed above.

curiosity wrote:
If a lawyer thought that Gerry could be helped with testimony from Marty or Mike, the lawyer could contact them to see if they would participate before filing an action in court on Gerry's behalf.

Yes, lawyers think Marty and Mike’s testimony could help Gerry. But if Marty and Mike won’t even communicate to Gerry yet, and continue to black PR him and justify their years of fair gaming him, it would be pointless and rude to ask an attorney to waste his time contacting them and being jerked around.

Gerry worked in the law business in the US for several years after getting out of the cult, knows how to draft declarations, has survived over 70 days of testimony in deposition or trial, most of it cross-examination by the cult’s shysters, knows the facts of his claims, and knows and can translate both wog and Scientology languages and thought.

The idea that Marty and Mike would help an attorney help Gerry, but wouldn’t help Gerry or even communicate to him, isn’t something I’d give much time or credence. I think it would be the kind of help Marty and Mike gave to Mike Flynn, or Ford Greene.

According to Marty, he ran Scientology litigation for 22 years. He knows this stuff. He knows too that Gerry’s right in his claims and accurate in his testimony. Marty has not shown he has changed even one spot since he left the Sea Org, if he even left. (And, by the way, it has been common practice inside for SO members to “resign” from the SO, while still remaining in the SO, if called upon to do so to serve Scientology in some role that cult wants to appear to not be SO controlled.)

curiosity wrote:
Again, I am not a lawyer, so Gerry would need to confirm everything I just wrote with a lawyer.

I think we’re a bit beyond that. But thanks for your interest in all this stuff.

Post subject: Re: What can Marty do about it?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:00 pm 

Here's Gerry's perspective on Marty's perspective on L. Ron Hubbard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:12 pm 

It was said on another forum that once someone leaves the cult, it could take months or sometimes years before they realize the depth of their brainwashing and finally understand. This is Marty’s funding base. He certainly will get no ‘public’, and those who have left the cult after some time know better. So for him to stay in business, he must strike hard and fast at those freshly out of the cult. He has no choice but to DEFAME and DENIGRATE anybody who could cost him ‘customers’. Quite the business plan! Niche marketing at it’s best, and it only costs you your humanity!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:24 pm 

subrosa wrote:
It was said on another forum that once someone leaves the cult, it could take months or sometimes years before they realize the depth of their brainwashing and finally understand. This is Marty’s funding base. He certainly will get no ‘public’, and those who have left the cult after some time know better. So for him to stay in business, he must strike hard and fast at those freshly out of the cult. He has no choice but to DEFAME and DENIGRATE anybody who could cost him ‘customers’. Quite the business plan! Niche marketing at it’s best, and it only costs you your humanity!

The tech Marty applies in his underground railroad department is really the blow drill tech he's so expert at. It's like Scientology's neighborhood watch solution for the hard to handle cases.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:44 pm 

Marty's flat refusal to come forward in Gerry's case (and in many other cases of SP/fair-gaming) is my main reason for not fully trusting his intentions. I can only speculate about his reasons not to make amends for many of the things he's done while in the cult. He does make it ever more difficult for a wog like me to retain the sympathy I used to have for him and his movement.

Then again, he probably couldn't care less. I'm not in his niche, so to speak. :?

Caroline, I honestly hope there comes a time he will come forward. But I don't hold my breath on it. Still, my best wishes to you and Gerry. :turnintoheart:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:42 pm 

caroline wrote:

Thank you Caroline and Gerry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:50 pm 

caroline wrote:

Great piece!; I suppose Marty didn't publish it on his blog?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm 

Hi Daisy,
You're welcome of course, and thanks to you and everyone for your work here. :D

sekh wrote:
Marty's flat refusal to come forward in Gerry's case (and in many other cases of SP/fair-gaming) is my main reason for not fully trusting his intentions. I can only speculate about his reasons not to make amends for many of the things he's done while in the cult. He does make it ever more difficult for a wog like me to retain the sympathy I used to have for him and his movement.

Then again, he probably couldn't care less. I'm not in his niche, so to speak. :?

Caroline, I honestly hope there comes a time he will come forward. But I don't hold my breath on it. Still, my best wishes to you and Gerry. :turnintoheart:

Marty has no other real option but to tell the truth, and that's what he needs to do to take care of the Gerry Armstrong case.

What we can trust about the intentions of Marty and the people who follow him, is that they support L. Ron Hubbard and are working to expand Scientology. And wogs with a clue know that Scientology should not expand.

I think it's wise to be very aware of one's sympathies and emotional responses when dealing with Scientologists, because they are intent and long-practiced at emotional manipulation. Thanks for bringing that up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:24 pm 

Here's a 2009 interview with Gerry Armstrong on Marty Rathbun, a few months after Marty began communicating publicly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7MAuqW3edg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:06 pm 

Quote:
1. Communicate to Gerry.

2. Debrief to Gerry, and his legal representatives, on all the lies, black PR, legal actions, intelligence actions, etc. Marty knows about that were perpetrated against Gerry, his attorneys, his family and associates.

3. Execute declarations that contain the facts elicited in the debrief.

4. Make himself available to testify in any legal proceedings to correct the injustices or situations listed above.

5. Apologize if he wants.

Thank you, Caroline, (and Gerry, of course) for all the info you've
shared. Hopefully the above shall happen soon.

Last year I told a group of Indie's, "As long as you all keep trying to paint Hubbard
as all "white", you will be attacked, as the FACTS are out there." This year 2 of them
have left the Indie movement, that I know of. (No doubt more..but 2 came and told me)

It isn't my intention to cut up the Indie movement..I've said since I left and people asked
me if I was for or against the "Freezone"....I was for it, not in it, but I'm happy people use whatever as long as it isn't hurting others. Why?
Because I see it as a bridge OUT. Once OUT---people *can* read, look, listen and begin
to connect the dots. Many people would never have left, if there was "nothing" out here.
Once out---many have realized there's LOTS more to life than "The tech"...even in the spiritual
areas. That realization came to me while on OT 7 and I was trying to sort out "What can I do to
stop these gawd awful massive migrain headaches?" From reading TONS of "Self-Improvement
books--I realized There is *tons* of other great information out here, much WAY better than
Scientology, for me.

I see it as an educational process---and a willingness to face one's past, which for many can
be quite difficult to do.

We'll see where it all goes--hopefully sooner rather than later.

For Gerry (and you) ....he's certainly suffered long enough w/ ALL the :bs:
C of $ has put on him, and now you, too, Caroline.

:sigh:

Time................is...........on..........our............side.

Tick Tock............tick..........tock!~

Blessings :alien:

Tory/Magoo