Leah Remini fans--join the discussion

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
I'mglib

Leah Remini fans--join the discussion

Post by I'mglib » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Hello! If you landed here because you googled Scientology, after watching Leah Remini's reality show, WELCOME!

This board has been around for over 2 decades. There is a ton of information archived in its main board XENU.NET and in this message board. Feel free to ask question, or use the search function.

If you saw Tuesday's episode you met Marc Headley, who posted here years ago, revealing some shocking things about Scientology, and its leader David Miscavige. There is so much more that has been reported here over the years than can be dealt within a short TV program. Just one that comes to mind is the "Musical Chairs" incident that Marc described years ago.

viewtopic.php?p=277639&highlight=#277639

Marc's screen name was blownforgood, and his posts can be searched if you want to read more horror stories.

If you want to join the discussion, please understand this board deals with tons and tons of spam, and to combat it each post has to be moderated. Once you post 3 times, then you are on your way without needing to be moderated.

When you make a user, please pick a name that is obviously not a random spam name. For instance, don't pick a first name with numbers after it, and don't pick something that looks like gibberish.

A good place to start would be to post in this thread, so it's easy to find new people.

Some of us have been following Scientology for years and have dozens of stories that are pretty unbelievable. Some posters are exes, and some have protested and had other types of contact with the church, including being followed and worse. I will pick out a few of the more unbelievable stories and post them here, for people who are newish to the subject.

So, welcome to any new people, we would love to hear your thoughts. Please be patient when waiting for moderation as we deal with spam, but we will do our best to have your messages read.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

aurabass

Re: Leah Remini fans--join the discussion

Post by aurabass » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:46 am

AFTERMATH is inspiring and has made this 70 year old brain and mind blaze with contempt for David Miscavige.

I am not now and have never been a Scientologist - I came close once to giving it a try.
I read DIANETICS and I have a good friend who did quite a bit and his son became an OT and Auditor prior to opting out.
But I was in the past an avid Anti-War protester - campus radical.

I wonder if former Scientologists - those who were "declared" or who simply drifted away and stopped paying - people who have frequented this forum or EX SCN forum and who follow Rinder or Rathbun or Tony Ortega's weblogs have considered using the effective techniques championed by the Anti-War, Civil Rights, Women's and OCCUPY movements.

I see the call for Pickets but I have not been around enough to get a feel for how many people might be available in LA or Clearwater to become part of this picket process.

I believe with GOING CLEAR (the Gibney Film) and AFTERMATH (The A&E Series) that the OPPOSITION TO SCIENTOLOGY HAS REACHED CRITICAL MASS
The A&E series seems to have attracted over 2 million viewers and GOING CLEAR had over 5 million viewers as of April 2015 as the second most-viewed HBO Doc ever. http://ew.com/article/2015/04/13/going- ... cumentary/

What would happen if Rinder, Rimini, Rathbun, and Ortega along with CLAMBAKE and all the other non-approved SCN web presence organized a series of protests based on the OCCUPY MOVEMENT?
Picketing is a weaker concept but how many people inspired by AFTERMATH and GOING CLEAR could be inspired to surround and enter the CELEBRITY CENTER or BIG BLUE or any of the walk-in and training locations of SCIENTOLOGY in LA. What if a few hundred simply sat down inside the buildings and stayed - supported by others who bring food and water.
How many could be inspired to OCCUPY the FLAG and other Clearwater locations?
What would it look like if a couple of thousand people drove out to San Jacinto to GOLD BASE and surrounded the 500 acre facility?

It now appears that the total active membership of SCN is less than 30,000 people.
How many are in the SEA ORG? How many of those are at GOLD BASE?
And more importantly how many would choose to continue to support the monster Miscavige if they had the choice?

How many GOLD BASE SEA ORG people might come to their senses if they were surrounded by a couple of thousand people chanting COME OUT COME OUT - you are free?

David Miscavige is the COB of the RTC right?
A COB must have a "B" (board) to be chairman of right?
That board must have by-laws.
How is the COB elected? How is he/she replaced if there is a death?
What if he is declared? or what if he is certified "incompetent" or "insane"?

Everyone who ever spent a dime on SCIENTOLOGY can claim standing as a SCIENTOLOGIST.
What would happen if you got 40,000 signatures on a petition demanding a vote on the leadership?
What if they demanded that DM be replaced? How many votes could Miscavage depend on?
How many of the current SEA ORG members have been abused by DM?
How many remain silent due to fear?
How many would gladly vote him out if they had the opportunity?

I am not suggesting that former SCIENTOLOGIST embrace a religion - CULT - they have escaped. But for the purposes of removing Miscavige and gaining control of the assest in order to refund the theft and end the disconnections, anyone who ever had any contact or paid a dime to Scientology should claim it until DM is gone and the assets are in the hands of the victims.

Seems to me that James J. Jackson might have a point http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientolog ... to/2245311
Jackson believes the by laws provide a legal path to seizing control of YOUR CHURCH.

All of you who once tried SCIENTOLOGY can claim it to be "your church". It took your time and your money.
You lent it your power and DM abused that power.

Any group claiming to be a tax exempt church has to have a method to choose and remove leaders.
An occupy movement could be used to force that result.
The legislatures of CA and Florida along with the courts would respond to a massive group of Scientologists who want DM out.
He was not elected. He simply declared himself POPE.
A claim that he illegitimately holds power is powerful.

I may be very late to this party and I dont' have time to review the history of Clambake or these other sites.
But I have tried to search James J Jackson to no avail.
But NOW is NOW - and it's AFTERMATH and GOING CLEAR and the millions exposed to SCN through those popular shows that is the GAME CHANGER.

I believe RINDER, RATHBUN, RIMINI, Hawkins, Headley, Smith-Levine, Scobee, Ron Miscavige, and Tom DeVocht owe it to themselves and those they encouraged or failed to protect to lead this movement to seize control of the 3 BILLION IN ASSETS in order to end the DISCONNECTION and refund the $$$ stolen from so many like the Kahn's. Take that 3 billion in assets and give it back or use it to save the planet.
for God's sake don't leave it in DM's hands.

aurabass

Post by aurabass » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:28 am

Hello,

I just signed the petition, "Internal Revenue Service: Repeal Religious/tax-exempt status of Church of Scientology and affiliated organizations.."

I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

Here's the link:

https://www.change.org/p/internal-reven ... anizations

Thanks,

Barry

crimson2017

Post by crimson2017 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:05 am

i was a member here as "crimson" since 2008 for about 5 years then something bad happened in my life and I had to concentrated on that. Now after seeing Leah and I reminded of how I was attacked by this cult when I posted something against them on a wiccan blog in 2008. Man they hunted me down and my brothers who own a law firm told them where to go and what to do when they got there but wow was I angry. What a sick group this is and I'm stunned by some of the revelations she has found out. Mike Rinder is amazing and I'm glued to this show.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:56 am

I remember you. It's amazing how the Leah Remini - Mike Rinder series is so powerful.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:03 am

Welcome back, Crimson, and welcome Aurabass. I don't think it would be possible for ex members to wrest control of the church from David Miscavige. Not sure if even current members could do so. The structure of the church is complicated. I believe the board of directors is controlled by DM, so no one has power of him.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:14 am

Aside from David Miscavige, every person in the Scientology organization in an executive or decision making position has signed an undated resignation. David Miscavige holds all of those resignations. This practice goes back to when Hubbard ran the organization.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”