Happy New Year 2017

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Happy New Year 2017

Post by Wieber » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:08 pm

Happy New Year!

I don't tell much personal stuff now because the organization watches and collects this stuff. But I'm going to do it right now because it has to do with New Year's Day.

I play rhythm guitar in a small time band that raises money for a local soup kitchen. At the end of 2015 we gave them $15,000. This year we're downstat. We only gave them $14.000. The soup kitchen serves about 1,500 meals a day.

Try to get this concept - same players but a different band. We'll be playing at a retirement home on January 1st. Most of the people there are using walkers and wheel chairs to get around. I see the faces of people we play for and what we do really makes them happy. I like that.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Re: Happy New Year 2017

Post by I'mglib » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:17 am

Awww, Wieber. How cool is that. What kind of music does your band play? That's pretty amazing to raise that much money--you guys must have a great following. HAPPY NEW YEAR, FRIEND. Thanks for contributing so much to this board.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:13 pm

In New Mexico, rock bands also play salsa music. In Michigan, it's rock and polka. there has to be a gear shift between Jimi Hendrix and polka.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:25 pm

The band plays jazz, songs from about 1895 to about 1940.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:20 pm

I'mglib wrote:Awww, Wieber. How cool is that. What kind of music does your band play? That's pretty amazing to raise that much money--you guys must have a great following. HAPPY NEW YEAR, FRIEND. Thanks for contributing so much to this board.
It's a hefty sum of money to raise. Congratulations and Happy New Year!!
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 pm

I went to a Connecticut wedding where the mother of the bride was 3rd generation Irish-American. The band played rock, then suddenly shifted to Irish Riverdance-style music which was like turning up the excitement to 11.

Happy New Year, all. I am back home with my laptop after traveling for three weeks with only my phone. So, I can post more.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”