Possible New Program to Recover Off Lines Members

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Possible New Program to Recover Off Lines Members

Post by Wieber » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:37 am

I have reason to believe that the Scientology organization is on another recently issued program that includes getting people who have fallen off lines back into the organization and rocketing them up the bridge. :D I recently experienced what I think may be an attempt to recover me. That's as detailed as I care to get. Such a program would be in keeping with a response from Scientology to Leah Remini's recent TV show.

If any ex members on this message board experience anything that point to such a program, it would be nice if you would post about it in this thread. It's not necessary to go into anything beyond, "yes, I've experienced something like that."
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

TrevAnon

Re: Possible New Program to Recover Off Lines Members

Post by TrevAnon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Not an ex here myself, but I would welcome it as a chance to get soemone out. :)

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:37 am

A person I knew when I was on staff over thirty years ago sent me a friend request on Facebook. My first impluse was to block them. Then I thought, 'well, maybe they've left Scientology.' So I checked their Facebook presence. There was nothing overtly about Scientology but there were posts that were anti-psychotherapy, and posts that followed Scientology's directives. All the responses to those were essentially, "I so agree with that." I concluded the person is still involved and I blocked them.

So, why does a person I knew long ago in Scientology suddenly come out of the blue and send me a friend request on Faceook? Is this a social call for the sake of friendship?

I think the request is a result of a program order to recover individuals who are not on Scientology's lines and to get them back into Scientology as active members again. I speculate the friend request is this person doing a field staff member (FSM) action and the motivation is money for Scientology with a commission for them.

The way I interpret this action is that Scientology is hurting for money. 'But,' you might argue, 'Scientology has five billion dollars in cash and assets.' True, but the organization can still be hurting for money.

People who have large incomes tend to spend large. Organizations with large incomes also tend to do the same. So when their large incomes diminish even slightly their incoming money falls below their expenses and they tend to go into debt. Often they think the lowered income is temporary and that their debt can be paid off once it goes up again. Sometimes this is what happens but I think what happens more often is the decline tends to continue as the debt continues to rise.

There are celebrities out there who have been very popular who have fallen out of the public eye and are now heavily in debt, like many millions of dollars in debt.

In Scientology, Hubbard wrote a directive in a policy letter that said to spend freely and make more money. I think the organization's leader(ship) has followed that advice. Despite the tax exempt status, Scientology still has bills to pay. Tommy Davis once stated that they pay property taxes on many of their properties. Then there are the private eyes, the lawyers, and never mind David Miscavige's self lavishness.

In the many outlying orgs that Scientology has, money goes one way, from the org to Scientology management. It almost never goes the other way. If a local org can't pay it's way - rent or property taxes and utilities - it will fold. Scientology doesn't like that. Jane Kember said that closing an org was like an engram for Scientology. (engram: an instance of pain and unconsciousness with a real or imagined threat to one's survival. (not an exact quote))

Then we have Leah Remini's high ratings TV show on Scientology that has made that organization a water cooler conversation topic. There is probably more word of mouth on Scientology now than that generated by 'Game of Thrones,' 'Breaking Bad,' and 'Orange is the New Black' combined. The way that word of mouth goes is positive toward Leah Remini and her guests and negative toward Scientology. In other words, right now, to the broad general public Scientology is bad news. This has to be having a negative effect on Scientology's dissemination and recruitment activity.

If you have been involved in Scientology I think you can expect an attempt to make contact with you to bring you and your money back into the organization.

Right now I think Scientology is hurting for money.

:popcorn:
Doris Lessing

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Two years ago I was getting persistent phone calls from CoS of NYC; they were trying to invite me to their meetings. I think that the recovery program always existed in one form or another. When I was in Sea Org, I used to make phone calls to the SPs to let them know that "they are forgiven " now due to the amnesty.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 pm

There's an 'ARC break registrar' although the post title may be a little different. They work on getting people back into the org all the time. Even though recovery is ongoing, Scientology programs have a tendency to fall away from staff member attention and never get completed. "Oh a program from management. Add it to the stack of incomplete cycles of action." So management (David) keeps ordering it. Every time a new program comes in they get on it enthusiastically "in a new unit of time," until the next Thursday at two deadline looms.

Scientology enthusiasm is about as heart felt as Scientology sympathy.
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:26 am

I can only imagine how hard it must be at this point to get raw meat, so it wouldn't be surprising if their only hope now is to recover ex-members (and probably, in their minds, wait for this whole ton of bad PR to blow over).
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:43 pm

I'mglib wrote:I can only imagine how hard it must be at this point to get raw meat, so it wouldn't be surprising if their only hope now is to recover ex-members (and probably, in their minds, wait for this whole ton of bad PR to blow over).
The thing about most long gone ex-members is that they are permanently gone. This is especially true now that the internet exists. The people who have left to get some breathing room, get things back in order and recover some financial clout before going back will be looking at the internet and watching TV. Within a year or two most of those types of ex-members will be out, not just away.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”