Gold Base staff now attending jury duty!

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Gold Base staff now attending jury duty!

Postby AngryGayPope » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:57 am

ANONORANGE WROTE ME THIS TODAY:

I just received a call from a Riverside sheriff investigator, who I met on a prior occasion about the jury duty issue at Int/Gold base. The investigator stated that staff from the base have now been attending jury duty in 2010. I filed my original complaint about this issue at jury services office in April 2010.

Thus far, 73 people form Int/Gold have been summoned for jury duty and 7 people have been picked to be on a jury panel. As of 2009, there are 305 registered voters on base. The officer confirmed that these 7 people were on the list I submitted.

Out of the 73 people summoned, everybody had to call in. A smaller percentage had to physically come in to the court house, to be part of a group of available jurors who waits in a large room all day. There are televisions in the room. Out of this group. 7 were picked to be on a jury panel. I don't know how many had to physically go to the court house, but it's between 7 and 73 people.

The investigator was not at liberty to tell me what were the dates of attendance or their names, which is confidential.

The summons rate (73/305) is 24% and seems much higher than normal. It appears that they have put the residents of the base at the top of the list for being summoned.

All 305 were eligible to be picked in 2010, on a one-year cycle. In 2011, the remaining 232 are left on this eligibility list. Assuming summons were sent starting April 2010 at 24%/year, I estimate that 74 new jurors from the base will be summoned in 2011, for the entire year. (There are different ways to calculate this, based on when you start in 2011)

Hopefully, this temporary respite off-base, while meeting new people will help them see that life outside the base is not all that bad. The $15/day while they are on the jury panel will beat the $38/week that they probably don't get.

I consider this a win and it was not too difficult to execute. Please repeat this action in Clearwater, Los Angeles, Copenhagen, Dundas (Australia) and wherever there are known scientology staff being prevented from attending jury duty.

I thank everyone that helped providing me with lists of people on base.

AnonOrange

PS: As of December 2008, the penalty for dodging jury duty is $1000.00 and potentially community service. (See http://www.uscourts.gov/ttb/2008-12/article05.cfm, look for the bullet point "Penalty for Failure to Appear for Jury Summons".)

Gnu

Re: Gold Base staff now attending jury duty!

Postby Gnu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 am

Does anyone who has been at Int Base know if the people who actually served on a jury will have to go through ethics to question them about what they saw while outside the base and being exposed to wogs?
"Wisdom comes by disillusionment."
George Santayana

JonDoe

Postby JonDoe » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Score one for AnonOrange. Apparently, even he doesn't screw up all the time.
DM.
His words are lies.
His tail is fluffy.

Lron's socks

Postby Lron's socks » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 am

Hopefully, this temporary respite off-base, while meeting new people will help them see that life outside the base is not all that bad. The $15/day while they are on the jury panel will beat the $38/week that they probably don't get.

That's assuming they get to keep it. DM probably charges them a taxi fee for being dropped off/picked up to go back to Gold. And it would not surprise me if that fee is $15 round trip.

duhast

Postby duhast » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 am

I's been a long time since I served on jury duty, so I don't remember.

Are jury rooms restricted areas? I mean, if an RPF person got called in, would they be able to be stuck with a handler?
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Gnu

Postby Gnu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:47 am

duhast wrote:I's been a long time since I served on jury duty, so I don't remember.

Are jury rooms restricted areas? I mean, if an RPF person got called in, would they be able to be stuck with a handler?

When I served on a jury, the only people allowed in the jury waiting room HAD to have jury badges.
"Wisdom comes by disillusionment."
George Santayana

Sponge

Postby Sponge » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:31 am

I'm sure all the local eevil psychs and big pharmas will thank AO for soiling the jury pool with moonbats.
I'm joking..... or am I?
;)

Marcab21

Postby Marcab21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 am

Scilons are very easy to spot, especially when in a crowd of wogs.

Glazed eyes, sallow skin, robot-like expressions, frequent grinning for no reason, tendency to sit in the back rows of the room with odd reading choices, give them away. Sidle up to them and name-drop the church, or LRH, or Xenu, and observe their reaction.

AngryGayPope

Postby AngryGayPope » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 am

Sponge wrote:I'm sure all the local eevil psychs and big pharmas will thank AO for soiling the jury pool with moonbats.
I'm joking..... or am I?
;)

No you are not joking it's just another obnoxious comment from you which helps trash whatever teamwork feeling is being generated. Sarcastic comments whether AO succeeds or fails. "It's just a joke!" oldest excuse in the world.

Sponge

Postby Sponge » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 am

No actually AGP your are wrong. I do think AO has done a good job with this. There has been previous mention of this on here when he first started on this and the source properly credited with links to your site.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32878
Credit where credit is due and you need to chill the fuck out and learn to recognise that there is no hidden snarky personal agenda and get a sense of humour.

SeeYaBye

Postby SeeYaBye » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Gnu wrote:
duhast wrote:I's been a long time since I served on jury duty, so I don't remember.

When I served on a jury, the only people allowed in the jury waiting room HAD to have jury badges.

When I served recently, the jury waiting room was for jurors only, but no IDs were checked, so I believe a handler could be there with the person, including in the courtroom during jury selection and during the trial, should the RPFer be selected to serve on the jury panel.
"The truth is the kindest thing we can give folks in the end." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Smurf

Postby Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:No you are not joking it's just another obnoxious comment from you which helps trash whatever teamwork feeling is being generated. Sarcastic comments whether AO succeeds or fails. "It's just a joke!" oldest excuse in the world.

Ah..geesh.. AGP. Get over it. Sponge is British. They have a European sense of humor. Think Susan Boyle on meth. No big deal. Besides, you live in West Hollywood, ya big queen. You've been exposed to lotsa bitchiness before. :proud:

Return to “Opinions & Debate”