Stressed

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jonny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Stressed

Post by jonny » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:38 pm

I know I don't post a lot, and that's because I just want to be done with Scientology once and for all. I would love to forget that I ever stepped foot in that pathetic place. But things are getting a little creepy lately. I've been getting numerous phone calls, as many as 3 a day, all looking for very personal information. I just hang up, but damn they're persistant. What I was wondering was if anyone has gotten a restaining order against them, and would that just make things worse? I don't have the time or energy for this, and it's really starting to take a toll. But that said, and I REALLY don't want to do this, but if they push to the point where I feel I'm concerned for my safety, then I don't have any choice but to fight back. And I know how to fight back. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

duhast
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Stressed

Post by duhast » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:58 pm

jonny wrote:I know I don't post a lot, and that's because I just want to be done with Scientology once and for all. I would love to forget that I ever stepped foot in that pathetic place. But things are getting a little creepy lately. I've been getting numerous phone calls, as many as 3 a day, all looking for very personal information. I just hang up, but damn they're persistant. What I was wondering was if anyone has gotten a restaining order against them, and would that just make things worse? I don't have the time or energy for this, and it's really starting to take a toll. But that said, and I REALLY don't want to do this, but if they push to the point where I feel I'm concerned for my safety, then I don't have any choice but to fight back. And I know how to fight back. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Change the number, get an answering machine.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

skeptic2girl

Post by skeptic2girl » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm betting, though, you don't want to have to change your phone number.

And if you have caller id, you would already be using it. Do a search online for what your local laws are regarding asking to be taken off a company's contact list.

I've also read here that if you simply tell them that you've taken LSD, they'll leave you alone! I'm serious!
"The truth is out there."

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:57 am

jonny wrote:I know I don't post a lot, and that's because I just want to be done with Scientology once and for all. I would love to forget that I ever stepped foot in that pathetic place. But things are getting a little creepy lately. I've been getting numerous phone calls, as many as 3 a day, all looking for very personal information. I just hang up, but damn they're persistant.
Your best bet is an answering machine or voicemail. You can play back the messages & immediately delete the nuisance ones. After awhile, they'll give up. If you pick up when they call, they know they gotcha & will keep calling you.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 am

You answer the phone and say, "Put me on your 'do not call list.'" They must do that and then not call you again.

Make a record of it. Ask for the name of the caller. Tell them you are making a record of your request. If they call again, report them to the authorities. This is dealt with by the Federal Trade Commission. There's a web page with questions and answers at this link:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consume ... lt107.shtm

Scientology may be exempt from the do not call registry but as far as I know they are not exempt from keeping a do not call list. They must put people on the list when requested and then not call them. They won't do it, of course, because it's off policy for them but the fines are nasty for non compliance.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

jonny

Post by jonny » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Well whoever it was hasn't bothered me since saturday and I got them to hang up on me. Funny how writing it out makes you feel better and look at it in a new perspective. Anyways, they called again after I posted this and started asking questions again. When they tried to verify my name I told them I had it legally changed to achoo. They didn't find it very funny. I made them address me by my new name everytime they asked my address, and said bless you everytime they did. After calling me a child a number of times they finally hung up. Thanks for all the advice people. Much appreciated

carol

Post by carol » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:18 pm

thanks for the happy laugh today Mr. Achoo :D
stillsearching

ordinarycitizen

Post by ordinarycitizen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 am

Brilliant!

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 am

Just download the OTIII documents. When a clam calls, politely say, "You have ten seconds before I start reading OTIII. If you listen, be prepared for a SERIOUS ethics handling."

Then start reading.
The head of the Galactic Confederation (76 planets around larger stars visible from here) (founded 95,000,000 yrs ago, very space opera) solved overpopulation (250 billion or so per planet -- 178 billion on average) by mass implanting.

He caused people to be brought to Teegeeack (Earth) and put an H Bomb on the principal volcanoes (Incident 2) and then the Pacific area ones were taken in boxes to Hawaii and the Atlantic Area ones to Las Palmas and there "packaged."

His name was Xenu. He used renegades. Various misleading data by means of circuits etc. was placed in the implants.

When through with his crime Loyal Officers (to the people) captured him after 6 years of battle and put him in an electronic mountain trap where he still is. "They" are gone. The place (Confed.) has since been a desert.

duhast

Post by duhast » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:48 am

Funny how writing it out makes you feel better and look at it in a new perspective.
Indeed. Journaling is a very powerful and useful tool. I recommend it to people all the time. Auditing deals with imaginary body thetans and doesn't do crap. Journaling really lets you dump the garbage from your brain.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Achoo ! Brilliant !

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Hahaha, love it. Great job, Mr. Achoo.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

alienist

Post by alienist » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 pm

What happened to Mr. Achoo's post?
Never mind. :wink:
Last edited by alienist on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the supernatural, and what remains is the unnatural.
-G.K. Chesterton

Pussy Riot

Post by Pussy Riot » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm

How do you tell the difference between Mr Achoo and a high-level scientologist?

Mr Achoo's sneezily identified and the scientologist is OT-ly different.
Scripture of the scientology religion: ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

ze moo

Post by ze moo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:38 pm

"Religious" organizations are exempt from the do not call list, but are required to stop calling you if you ask them to. Just note the day and time you asked to be left alone and then let the answering machine do its job. The best evidence is a recording. The attorney generals office handles such complaints in most states, use the FTC.gov website instructions if your state is unresponsive.

https://complaints.donotcall.gov/compla ... px?panel=2

While the line:

"It also includes sellers who provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers in exchange for payment."

should cover CO$, the 'religious' angle probably lets them off the hook. I favor the 'Xenu is coming' approach.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”