Al Pacino's fake girlfriend - Scientology related, or what?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
SalomeComey

Al Pacino's fake girlfriend - Scientology related, or what?

Post by SalomeComey » Mon May 15, 2017 12:05 am

Ever since I figured this out I've noticed so many strange things, but wonder if scientology is somehow related. I'm just here thinking out loud, not saying Pacino is a scientologist or that there is a relation, but this man has had a staged relationship with a much younger woman from Argentina for several years. There's a lot more to it and it's honestly a little scary, but by nature I'm intuitive and can't help trying to understand what's really happening. And coincidentally the "girlfriend" shows up when his publicist changes and his financial person gets in trouble. I'm not well versed in Hollywood but just happened upon the reality this relationship is not real and wondered why none of the tabloids print that?

Demented Founder

Re: Al Pacino's fake girlfriend - Scientology related, or what?

Post by Demented Founder » Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Scientology is very bad. However, I would not blame it for all bad things that are happening in the world.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

SalomeComey

Post by SalomeComey » Fri May 19, 2017 12:39 am

I'm not sure that it's even related, just that since I got curious about that I've had many strange things happen. I have a stalkerish ex that believes in a lot of woo and such, and possibly have pissed off a very profitable Scientology-based business in my field, or could be all completely unrelated, but I know I'm not insane. I just know I've had a lot of very bizarre things happen recently, almost makes me feel like I'm being watched, and I've never been a paranoid person. But it started after something was posted about Pacino that I responded to. What types of things do scientologists do to mess with a person's mind? Like where would you direct someone like me who knows little about them to start reading? There's so much info on this site I don't know where to begin.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed May 24, 2017 1:15 pm

I spent 5 months in Sea Org before getting out. No one messed with my mind, I left because they didn't put me on a fast track to Class 5 auditor, as they promised. There is nothing more to say, really -- I am sure as hell that they cannot make a person go insane.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed May 24, 2017 6:20 pm

SalomeComey wrote:I'm not sure that it's even related, just that since I got curious about that I've had many strange things happen. I have a stalkerish ex that believes in a lot of woo and such, and possibly have pissed off a very profitable Scientology-based business in my field, or could be all completely unrelated, but I know I'm not insane. I just know I've had a lot of very bizarre things happen recently, almost makes me feel like I'm being watched, and I've never been a paranoid person. But it started after something was posted about Pacino that I responded to. What types of things do scientologists do to mess with a person's mind? Like where would you direct someone like me who knows little about them to start reading? There's so much info on this site I don't know where to begin.
I have two reading/resource lists that will bring you up to speed on cults and Scientology. There are an almost overwhelming number of items on each.

The Scientology list has 70 items.
https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/1768991

I call the more generic list, "Resources Related to Cults, Coercion, Abuse and Recovery." It has 97 items.
https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

I try to keep the Scientology list as up to date and complete as possible but in order to put a book on the list it must be listed with a library affiliated with WorldCat.org. It can take a while for some books to get there.

The other list is tip of the iceburg. There are many other resources on the topics touched on.

I started reading these things to recover from Scientology. Then someone referred me to WorldCat and I started making the reading lists. I get no kickback at all should you purchase an item from either list. Of course, many of the items are in libraries and all you need is a library card to access them.

People involved with Scientology are not allowed to read any of the titles on the Scientology list and most of the items on the resource list.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

SalomeComey

Post by SalomeComey » Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks, Wieber. I'm familiar with cult-leader types and abuse and psychopaths (unfortunately) but never have learned much about Scientology, and while it's creepy, it's still fascinating to me. But I'm having trouble even understanding all of the language associated with Scientology at this point, let alone the details, so this should be helpful. I watched a documentary I found on YouTube the other day where the journalist found out later that he was, in fact, actually being followed and wasn't just paranoid. I mean, that is some scary shit!

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 am

SalomeComey wrote:Thanks, Wieber. I'm familiar with cult-leader types and abuse and psychopaths (unfortunately) but never have learned much about Scientology, and while it's creepy, it's still fascinating to me. But I'm having trouble even understanding all of the language associated with Scientology at this point, let alone the details, so this should be helpful. I watched a documentary I found on YouTube the other day where the journalist found out later that he was, in fact, actually being followed and wasn't just paranoid. I mean, that is some scary shit!
If you want any of the Scientology language explained, start a new thread on it and ask for explanations. I'll see what I can do to help. Although Scientology has it's own dictionary and is strict on being exact, many of the words and expressions took on variations in meaning and slightly different nuances from usage among the people involved. In addition to that slang terms that weren't coined by Hubbard or weren't new definitions by Hubbard sprang up. Over time, due to isolation from the rest of the world, in my opinion, the Scientology language became a separate language with unique grammar and syntax. It's as different from anything else as French is different from English or as English is different from Japanese.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”