Who in Scientology Knows How Scientology is Organized?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Who in Scientology Knows How Scientology is Organized?

Post by Wieber » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 am

Never mind the Organization Executive Course (OEC), or it's set of green tomes, I think that not many people in Scientology know how Scientology is organized. When I left the organization I had no idea, outside the local org and the presence and seniority of sea org members, who actually ran the show, what part of the organization they occupied, nor the location of the organization's headquarters. (The location seems to move around quite a bit right now.)

I am reminded of this after reading a piece by Jon Atack in Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker that partially deals with some reorganization within Scientology in the early 1980s.
https://tonyortega.org/2018/01/18/a-new ... e-have-it/

Since leaving Scientology and doing some reading from several sources I have developed a pretty good idea of how Scientology is organized. I have a feeling I still don't know the whole story. At any given moment COB, David Miscavige might know, though he may be affected by Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

It would be interesting to question people who have very recently left Scientology (hopefully for good) about what they know of Scientology's overall organizational structure to find out what they know. I have a feeling most people who are actively involved with Scientology do not know, outside of David Miscavige, who controls Scientology, what parts of the overall organization are involved with that, or where they are located.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Re: Who in Scientology Knows How Scientology is Organized?

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 pm

I did an organization chart of the corporations and entities as reported by CoS or in government documents, at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31561 . You either need to view it on a wide computer screen, or shrink its size. Otherwise the corporations on the far right "wrap around" to the next line and messes up the interconnecting lines.

This chart would show in a court of law, how you could sue if a lower corporation harmed you, and they had no money. You could theoretically move up the corporate ownership chain of command to a corporation with money.

In terms of issuing orders, it's one guy at the top calling all the shots, with haggard middle executives scrambling to fulfill his whims.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”