So, uh, Where's Scientology TV?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

So, uh, Where's Scientology TV?

Post by Wieber » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:41 am

L. Ron Hubbard issued a policy letter titled Cope and Organize. The essential point of it was first get the product as quickly as possible and then put in the organization and build up the facilities to keep the product going. I think David Miscavige ignores this particular policy.

Scientology bought the studios that housed KCET in April 2011. After renovation Scientology had their opening ceremony for the studios in July 2016.

I haven't seen or heard any news of any Scientology programming being aired on the promised Scientology channel. I'm sure if Scientology had broadcast something Tony Ortega would have mentioned it. If he has I missed it.

Has anyone in the Las Angeles area heard or seen anything from Scientology TV?

While I've been thinking about this, I have been thinking of a great many ways this TV channel will go so wrong for Scientology.

That, not the programming, should be fun to watch.

:popcorn:
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Re: So, uh, Where's Scientology TV?

Post by duhast1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Have they gotten a frequency and call sign? I don't think they bought the station, just the studio.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:33 pm

What goes on in Scientology is secret secret secret. Even within the organization, the information of what is going on mostly goes through the rumor mill. For an organization that purports to be bringing wonderfulness to the world it sure is full of mistrust, and that's just inside the organization.

Apparently Scientology has made arrangements to have a 24/7 cable channel. It was supposed to start broadcasting last summer. That didn't happen.

I found that on this report from AOL.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /22018664/

Now Scientology has fantastic state of the art (last year) television production capability. (Motion pictures, too - El Cid was made in those studios.) They were supposed to be the answer to all of Scientology's dissemination ruins. So far there has been nothing coming from them.

Here I was looking forward to the SNL parodies.
Doris Lessing

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Let's check the parking lot of Sci media productions in Hwd:

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:15 am

To quote Joe Kenda, "Oh my...."

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Tony Ortega reported there's something going down with regard to Scientology TV.
https://tonyortega.org/2018/02/07/scien ... tology-tv/

This is the story in a nutshell.

"unleashed" Interesting choice of expression.

With regard to Scientology TV the Scientology organization is holding events. Events means fundraising.
John Q. Public Scientologist will be getting tapped again.

This event will give the local Scientology followers gaga promises of how wonderful Scientology will be. Then it will turn it onto the people attending with, "You will be part of this. You are the elite in the world. Your involvement is so important for its success. Now open your wallet and fork it over."

That's my take and my prediction. Will we soon see Scientology TV? Keep watching . . . or not.
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 pm

"...unleashed upon the world." sounds pretty damn sinister to me. You "present" good/positive, you "unleash" bad/negative.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip (unleash) the dogs of war." ~~ 'Julius Caesar', William Shakespeare

Return to “Opinions & Debate”