Since coming back recently....

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
duhast1

Since coming back recently....

Post by duhast1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:44 am

Since coming back here recently, it has made me sad to see the state of the board, the lack of participation, missing old friends. :cry: My prayer is that the pendulum swings back...
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Don Carlo

Re: Since coming back recently....

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:06 am

A lot of posters went to the Underground Bunker because of Tony Ortega's superb and DAILY reports. Still, due to 22 years of existence, thousands of posts and many links, we have high rank on Google searches for Scientology. A newbie often comes here first, and I happily have for them a link available to every Bunker story so far.*

There are a number of good Scientology blogs like Mike Rinders', and others' on-going video projects. Leah Remini is doing great work to reach everyday people. Even when discouraging or awful news comes from CoS, it's good to know there are so many of us.

*Although when I go off-the-internet-on-vacation I skip a few days and then post several updates at once.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:41 am

The posting activity diminished over the last few years. People still come to view the posts it seems on a regular basis.

Some numbers:
4 replies, 114 views
3 replies, 118 views
35 replies, 48,182 views
1 reply, 312 views
6 replies, 316 views

On line forums of all types may have lower activity as other more media dense types of socially interactive sites have increased in popularity.

I check this forum daily, but I don't post here as often as I once did. I would probably post more often if the forum were more active. When I think of something I think might be interesting or see something relating to Scientology that resonates with me I'll share it here. This forum was a big part of my recovery from Scientology, so as long as it's here and as long as I'm here, I'll be around.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks to both for the reply. Does the Bunker have a message forum?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:44 pm

This is the only message forum. There is presently no private message capability.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Bloody hell, big win for the Scilons...

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:59 pm

A lot of critics are using the lively comment section on Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker. I read through all those reader comments every day, because some of them report worthwhile new content, many are witty, and I "know" many of the readers from years posting here. I know Andreas has a demanding job in real life, and continues to pay the site expenses after 22 years, so I don't fault him for his effort. Because he pays for it I can remain completely anonymous while I do my mod thing, write my own posts, and read other posts here. The situation, with the Bunker, Leah Remini, other blogs and projects, and our little message board, is productive and satisfying enough for me. I will keep our little corner going as long as Scientology is a danger to families and communities.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 pm

What is the link to the comments section of Bunker?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Go to https://tonyortega.org/
Click on a story that interests you. The comments are at the bottom, and you can click refresh to get new ones as they appear. Tony O releases a story each day at 7 AM New York time, so it takes a few hours before the Los Angeles critics make most of their comments. Sometimes I read Tony's report and then I later read the comments.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:27 pm

Often Tony has news that I take to one of my earlier threads, like today's death of David Mayo. I am noting the death on my thread,
Need help with list of 456 Apollo survivors and their fate, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=304020

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:02 pm

So... I guess the dynamic is to think of the articles as threads with it's own comments, right?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Yes. Each day's story is only by Tony, or someone who e-mails Tony an article that he approves. So you have to write a short, snappy comment and hope someone reads it that day. It becomes hard to find even a week later, in the rush of new stories. Some exciting Bunker stories have over 2,000 comments.

Here you can start your own thread and keep adding to it for years.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:43 pm

I just wish all my old friends were here and there was more traffic...

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:07 am

I like having Tony O do a new story every morning. in the early 2000's we yakked a lot but had a shortage of real news. Also there was a lot of fear of Sea Org's OSA bullies, and frustration that the media still fawned on Cruise and Travolta.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”