As ex military...

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
duhast1

As ex military...

Post by duhast1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

This pic and all others like it I find exceedingly offensive.Image

As well, the CoS constant use of "BT" offends me, since while in the Navy I was a "BT", a real one, not a midget wannabe.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Wieber

Re: As ex military...

Post by Wieber » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 pm

LRon used a term called 'ethics presence'™. He wrote extensively on it but I think it can be reduced to, being sufficiently intimidating to get compliance from those considered to be underlings. The sailor suit is part of that. I think Davy finally figured it out that wearing the quasi military uniforms is bad PR™.

He used to wear a navy style mess dress uniform at events. For a few years now he has worn a non military suit instead. As well, I don't see very many pictures of sea org staff members in navy style uniforms. I'm sure they still have them and wear them, but they tend not to show them to the people outside of scientology. On the other hand, scientology has dressed up its sea org security people to look like police.

The whole of this behavior can be summed up with two words: stolen valor.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 pm

I hope you don't take offense at me calling what Davy is wearing as a sailor suit. He and the people in the sea org wear sailor suits. People in a country's navy wear uniforms. There is a big difference, even if they look similar.
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Not offended in the least, because that's all it is, a sailor suit, just like the little outfits you'd dress an infant in. Sailor suits. But whatever you call it, it is NOT a military uniform.

It has been pointed out before that the mere appearance of the getup is arguably illegal, as it has a very close resemblance to a real uniform. The fact that a person with no exposure to the real could easily mistake it for being real, well, that's like impersonating a cop, a big no-no.

I'm not sure if non-military types understand exactly how offensive this is to veterans. It is the visual equivalent to 'fighting words', and these phonies don't know how close they can come to taking one to the schnoz or worse.

Stolen valor indeed.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:01 pm

The things you find out after you leave.

After you take something to keep you calm, check out this Wikipedia article, Military career of L. Ron Hubbard, particularly the part under the heading, Claimed medals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... on_Hubbard

By the way, one of the attributes of a cult leader personality as described in Chapter 5 of Captive Hearts Captive Minds by Madeleine Tobias and Janja Lalich is, "The cult leader creates a fantastic past for himself."
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 am

Yeah, I've seen that article, it's been a catalyst for me. Gads, the disrespect...

By the way, one of the attributes of a cult leader personality as described in Chapter 5 of Captive Hearts Captive Minds by Madeleine Tobias and Janja Lalich is, "The cult leader creates a fantastic past for himself."
A major marker for a fake. " I was Special Forces..." "My missions were so secret, I got medals I can't wear..." "If I told you, I'd have to kill you..."

Funny how you don't often find fakes saying "I was a real late bloomer. Up until I was almost 45 I didn't do squat. But then I had a good idea, worked my ass off for it, and here I am."

No, it is virtually always the second coming of Leonardo DaVinci X 2, with zero time to take a shit since age 5. I'm surprised Elron never claimed to be the inspiration for Tom Swift...

Return to “Opinions & Debate”