Really, what's the point?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
duhast1

Really, what's the point?

Post by duhast1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 am

I dunno, saw this a while ago too, and on review, what's the point? Such self-evident shallowness. Every so often I am behind the scenes at a location used periodically by Hollywood. I have come to learn what a set looks like, and all I see is set dressing; cardboard furniture and canvas walls.

It's a lie. It exists to impress, and does, some people, but by observing closely, the illusion, the facade shows quite well.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/spb/
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Don Carlo

Re: Really, what's the point?

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Link doesn't work for me.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Weird. Well it is on the main Clambake page, under the title "Super Power, or What I Can Recall of It" . At the end of the paragraph is the word 'here' (below in color). That's a link to the pix of the Super Power building interiors.

"Super Power, or What I Can Recall of It"
This is a personal recollections having been involved with the original piloting of Super Power by Dan Koon. As part of the LRH Technical Research and Compilations Unit, he was involved in the project to compile the rundown. Rendered images of how the Super Power Building is supposed to look like here.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:38 pm

It looks like you made the size of the link bigger. If there is no space between the link and the brackets on either side of it the link won't work. Trial and error.
This is the same link and it should work here.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/spb/

The link for the text is this one. It looks like a very long read.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/SuperPower/ ... ower-1.pdf
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 am

Text not mandatory, just look at the pix.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 pm

First thing that comes to mind for me looking at this image is, 'high security prison.' It looks like a penitentiary.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 pm

The images shown are computer renderings. It would be interesting to see photographs of those areas. I have a feeling you would see more pictures of Hubbard hanging on the walls. If you ever go into a Scientology org you will find very few rooms that don't have a framed image of LRH™ hanging on at least one wall.

The spaces in the images look all clean and pristine. People are going to walk down the hallways. They'll touch walls. They'll open doors. They'll interact with their environment. Finger oil will get on surfaces. Carpets will wear down and take in grime. Metals will oxidize. Even extreme cleaning and maintenance won't stop those things from happening.

The organization most likely has a strict rule of no cameras allowed in the super power building. They know people will leave and when they do, if they have pictures, they'll share them.
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Wieber wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 pm
First thing that comes to mind for me looking at this image is, 'high security prison.' It looks like a penitentiary.
Complete with barred windows.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”