The book Dianetics...

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
duhast1

The book Dianetics...

Post by duhast1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Dianetics disproves itself, or more properly, the introduction to Dianetics disproves it. Deal with it.
In this respect the laws of DIANETICS are like the law of gravity: if you suspend a mass heavier than air above the ground and then remove the support, it will fall. It won't fall seventy per cent of the time or eighty per cent of the time; it will always fall. And if it doesn't fall, we are justified in re-examining the law.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Wieber

Re: The book Dianetics...

Post by Wieber » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:04 am

Read this book. You may get an idea of where Hubbard actually discovered Dianetics™.

Battle for the Mind: A Physiology of Conversion and Brainwashing

It was called abreaction therapy. In Trauma and Recovery, Judith Herman mentions it and explains why it is no longer used in treating post traumatic stress.

Abreaction therapy and current post traumatic stress therapy are used to help people recover from traumatic stress, not to become clear™.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Owlaboard

Post by Owlaboard » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 am

Hubbard attempted to fool the Navy into believing he had been suffering from acute neurosis?

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:21 pm

clear™
LOL...imagine if Christianity trademarked "saved" "crucified", "resurrection", and "God"...
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Owlaboard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 am
Hubbard attempted to fool the Navy into believing he had been suffering from acute neurosis?
I think it's in Bare Faced Messiah. It's my understanding that Hubbard collected disability related to his stint in the Navy until his death, long after he had completely "healed himself" with Dianetics™.
Doris Lessing

Owlaboard

Post by Owlaboard » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:14 am

Wieber wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:29 pm
Owlaboard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 am
I think it's in Bare Faced Messiah. It's my understanding that Hubbard collected disability related to his stint in the Navy until his death, long after he had completely "healed himself" with Dianetics™.
I've heard the claim LRH getting money through the Sea organization. He didn't claim what was being giving to him while receiving veteran benefits. How he was living seems mysterious.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:05 am

When you read the stories of those who worked closely with Hubbard and then left you will get some answers.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”