Tad, the "outspoken" scientologist, from D.C.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Don Carlo

Re: Tad, the "outspoken" scientologist, from D.C.

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 am

Smurf, I won't directly ask you, is it "Good Roads Fair Weather" between you and Tad, because if you say "no, we really talk" then Tad gets in big trouble. For decades I played "Good Roads" where the most daring thing I said to my relative was that Singer X got robbed at the Grammies. I admit I played dumb - I never asked if a younger relative was in Sea Org, or if they'd been on the Freewinds, or in the Super Power building, for example, because that made me sound too informed about Scientology.
My relative, though not in technical marketing like Tad, has become expert at sounding pleasant, balanced, and intelligent, and I can feel the big sales technique at work. You start to feel like this person is different, and lives in a clean corner of Scientology where bad things don't happen. You get manipulated into feeling like defending that clean corner.
Tad said his parent were in Scientology since he was born. His Linked-in says he attended Delphi in Oregon. So he has absorbed the Scientology sales pitch for decades. Now he uses it to sell his nice-family-guy-Scientologist persona. I can imagine him as a witness even in front of Congress, shilling for Scientology with a smile. Salesmen are charming. They seduce your brain into thinking they're so wonderful you should buy their product or at least not criticize them.
So, Smurf, you're "in comm" with Tad, a phrase I don't know the nuances of. My experience uses different words. I played dumb, and my relative, safe within the bubble, played ME.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:38 pm

If Tad is a Field Disseminator (sales promoter) for IAS, and he's part of the extortion team that blocks the doors and shakes down the crowd at IAS events, he's in legal danger. One or two members with a hidden camera could show Tad as part of the extortion team. The bad publicity could cost Tad his job at AARP, at least, and lead to extortion* or unlawful restraint** charges at worst.

In extortion, the victim is threatened to hand over goods, or else damage to their reputation or other harm or violence against them may occur. Under federal law extortion can be committed with or without the use of force and with or without the use of a weapon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion
(damage to their reputation can include demotion within the Scientology hierarchy).

The very basics of false imprisonment include the confinement of an individual in a space that he or she cannot escape... If an individual is made to believe that escape is not possible, he or she may have reason to claim false imprisonment, even if it might have been possible for them to leave the space...If the person is not truly confined to a space (like an open area, or a room with an unlocked door) the claim of unlawful restraint does not usually apply. If the person is further restrained by ropes, chains, handcuffs, or other methods of restraint, they may be able to claim unlawful restraint and false imprisonment against the individual who put them in that situation.
http://EzineArticles.com/2685633
(note - nobody is accusing IAS goons of false imprisonment, since handcuffs are not used. But unlawful restraint is a possibility if the doors are locked.)

Unlawful restraint appears to be a misdemeanor in most states with possible jail time (up to 30 years in Georgia - yikes), http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/cr ... traint.htm

If there is a lawsuit, and Tad wasn't there, but the goons say Tad instructed them to lock the doors and not let anyone out until they donated, then Tad can be charged with conspiracy to commit unlawful restraint. That's one notch less "bad" but it's still a life-altering black mark. If he loses his job and applies for another, any big company will do a background check, find the conspiracy charge, and drop his application.

The good news, Tad, is that if you stop being part of the IAS extortion events for two years, and nobody charges you in those years, most states' statute of limitations will protect you. So back out NOW and you'll be free of this danger in 2013.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:02 am

Tad's shameless photos of his baby with her IAS lifetime membership. I'll post here every day until he removes them.
http://www.scientologyparent.com/macken ... me-member/
http://www.scientologyparent.com/day-35 ... as-member/

Other slightly less exploitative photos:
1. As a Volunteer Minister meeting outsiders, Tad hides behind, and uses, his cute baby. He hides behind the baby since who has the heart to criticize someone holding a sweet baby in a baby front-pack? He uses the baby to get people to support, or join, or donate tothis controversial front group.
smileforever/tadnkat/4107319713
http://www.scientologyparent.com/helpin ... y-vm-tent/

2. Same use-the-baby-to-promote-Scientology at new DC building
This event typically is a Scientologist-only event, so he's not hiding behind his baby meeting to disarm possibly critical outsiders. He's just adding baby-cuteness to a Miscavige ego trip, and then plugging the new building using the baby photo.
http://www.scientologyparent.com/day-70 ... -building/

3. Baby photo adorns plug for DC org. The photo may be unrelated, but he's using it nonetheless. http://www.scientologyparent.com/church ... te-people/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Tad, are you worried about embarassing or worse confessions during auditing will be used against you? That if you don't keep up your volunteering, donating, and course-taking, they will tell your wife? Your boss? Your parents? They've got confessions from you from your teen years, so for sure you've done something dumb you wish nobody knew. Have you heard staff at the org joking about other people's auditing confessions? Are you afraid?
Tad, you've lived in a Scientology bubble. The confessions are to control you, to diminish you, to weaken you. CoS knows your secrets, but you don't know theirs. You feel their power, that you have given them. However, the Catholic Church confessionals are not written down and filed, and by church law must never be shared, unless possibly to save a life. The Catholics have never come out with, say, Teddy Kennedy's confessionals, even if they disagreed with him about abortion. If CoS uses your confessionals against you, that is authoritarian revenge, not religion.
If auditors are the only ones who know a secret, and you stop volunteering, and your secret is revealed by a real person, you can sue that person for libel. It's also illegal to go to an employer and smear your name. The person has to prove the facts, but the only way to prove it is by revealing that CoS violates priest-penitent confidentiality.

You think I'm exaggerating, Tad. But look how CoS trashed Milton Katselas, who lured a number of Hollywood actor-wanna-be's into Scientology through his acting school. When he wouldn't contribute to CoS's ever-more-voracious demands, he was the victim of a mass e-mail defamation. Please read this. http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... tselas.php

Have you ever pushed back at the ever-increasing CoS demands? If you don't know how to form your mouth into the phrase "no," they'll push you into something illegal like blocking the doors at the IAS extortion-anniversary-balls, or some Internet hacking. Then they'll scare you about YOU being the criminal. They'll report YOU to the authorities if there's an investigation. It would be your word against theirs, and they're GOOD at lying.

Tad, there's no permanent status for years of service at CoS, or even for years of expensive courses. There's only what have you done for Scientology THIS WEEK? THIS MONTH? You think they'll eventually let your retire from all this volunteer work, with a certificate and a party? No, they won't even be rational and think "we musn't kill the goose that lays the golden egg." Upper management thinks make-this-week's stats, threaten, and use heavy punishment. If you quit volunteering too suddenly, they may trash you to your friends, and yank your courses and levels away. If you openly quit being a Scientologist , they'll pile on a witch-doctor curse that you'll fail and maybe kill yourself, which is ridiculous. So, look into the future...as CoS sinks, and the scandals mount, you can't wait for CoS to say "take a break, Tad, you've done enough." You have to eeeease out.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Tad, save your family's finances with non-Scientology financial planning; bring your wife into the planning of course. Set up direct deductions from your paycheck for the maximum 401K retirement plan for you and your wife. Automatically deduct from your paycheck for college trusts for both children. These should be untouchable. Understand how compound interest can build up those nest eggs better, the earlier you start. Next, visit a personal financial planner who is not a W.I.S.E. member, to set up a budget and lifetime goals like saving a year of income, buying a house, etc. Or buy Suze Orman's book Young Fabulous and Broke and start following her solid advice about finding your OWN dream for your family. Figure out how much you can spare for courses and donations, definitely under $100 a month ($5,000 a year is TOO MUCH for a young family to fritter on how-to-communicate courses). Be firm. Remember, if you have a chunk of change in the bank, you can survive even if CoS sabotages your outside job.

If there is the slightest issue with your children, even sibling rivalry and toddler rambunctiousness, use that to "spend more time with your family," and stop taking your kids to the org. You are copying your own parents who dragged you there so that you think it's "home." It's not a home, it's a building that wants ever-more money and volunteer work that takes AWAY from your family. Do more of that "walks in the park" stuff and less non-kid work like "filming picketers" and "building CoS marketing websites." Einstein and all other Nobel Prize winners were raised without Scientology courses - they are NOT necessary. I bet those courses you describe as "jaw-dropping" are mostly copying ideas from major child care books, so skip the middleman and buy the books.**

You can simply tell the org you're being cautious because you're seeing your responsibilities for the long term. Don't say "you're worried about the economy;" they'll twist the worry into a personal flaw that only Scientology can fix. You don't owe big speeches about why you're taking fewer or no courses, or volunteering less; you just want to spend more time with your famly. If the org says you don't need to save for your kids' college, they are saying your money belongs to CoS, not your family, and Scientology courses now are more important than college later. Politely ignore them.

*http://www.amazon.com/Money-Book-Young- ... 1573222976
Suze Orman website at http://www.suzeorman.com/index.cfm

**http://www.amazon.com/recommended-paren ... 06NG9A2DK5

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Tad, have you ever asked about, say, your mother's siblings, or your father's siblings? Or do you sense it's not safe to ask? There were cute photos of brother-and-brother, or sister-and-sister, or brother-and-sister, just like the cute photos you use to promote Scientology. There was a powerful bond there, but if now that uncle or aunt can't even be talked about, that shows the truth of Scientology disconnection.
Here's an imagined conversation between you (Tad) and me, you in italics, me in boldface:
Tad: There is no disconnection in Scientology. If my parents stopped talking to my uncle or aunt, it's because the uncle or aunt was a genuinely bad person, and that was a special case. Or, the aunt and uncle themselves caused the break. This situation happened with no pressure from CoS.
DC: If so, then your parents should be PERFECTLY willing to talk about this, so it's not disloyal to ask something simple like, do you have photos of yourself as a child, and your family? I want to see if my son or daughter looks like anyone two generations back."
Tad: If anything happened that was in the distant past, and doesn't matter now.
DC: Are you kidding? Let's say it was your father who disconnected from his sister (I don't know your family, so I'm using an imagined example). Your father has missed visits, phones calls, photos, amusing anecdotes, tales of courage, or niece's or nephew's weddings, THIS YEAR, last year, the year before, etc. This is IN THE PRESENT. Your cousins (children of your father's sister) have likewise adventures that you know nothing of, since likely your parents also chose not to be in contact with them. So you, Tad, are missing or have missed contact with your first cousins THIS YEAR, last year, etc.
Tad: I'm not interested.
DC: So, twenty years from now, if one of your children criticizes Scientology, and the second child cuts off from the first, you're "not interested" in that, either?
Tad: That's different. I'm raising my children to love Scientology, and if I keep them safe from "haters" they'll be happy in it just like me, and won't quit.
DC: Keeping the world away from your children will be a high price. It may involve home-schooling or Scientology schools, then the Delphi school for high school, and then what? A real university like your Oregon State U? They'll get ideas there, like skepticism, or maybe marry and/or join a new religion that criticizes Scientology.
Tad: You're just imagining the future. You can't predict that. They might join Sea Org and then they'd always be in Scientology.
DC: If they join Sea Org, you won't get grandchildren, and you'll hardly ever see them. They may rarely see each other.
Tad: Well, maybe they'll both go to college, get careers, and volunteer for CoS like me.
DC: How many college grads your age with good jobs are CoS volunteers? You're a valuable rarity, Tad; your children are likely to follow their own path. You can't predict a happy life in the CoS bubble, either. Your way in Scientology is far more likely to create heartbreak.
Tad: I tell you, disconnection doesn't happen. It's just personal choice.
DC: By the way, if you contact your cousins, and CoS sec-checks you about that, you are staring in the face of CoS-imposed disconnection.
Tad: CoS may be concerned that "haters" are affecting me. That's reasonable - I don't want to become a hateful bigot.
DC: Fine, then it's okay to contact and be pals with, say, your first cousins outside Scientology. After all, whatever bad thing their mother (your father's sister) supposedly did, doesn't make THEM bad. Step outside your comfort zone and be a family peacemaker. They likely have adorable kid photos, too, for you to admire.
Tad: I have lots of family time with my parents who volunteer at the org, with my wife, my children, and my relatives in Scientology. I'm busy working and volunteering. I don't need to go fishing for more relatives.
DC: Then it would be okay with you, in thirty years, if your son's grandchildren were "too busy" to even know the names, or see pictures of, your daughter's grandchildren. How about a little less volunteering and a little exploration of your blood relatives; at least know their names? Wouldn't that bolster your "wonderful family man" image on your web pages?

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Don Carlo wrote:Tad, have you ever asked about, say, your mother's siblings, or your father's siblings? Or do you sense it's not safe to ask? There were cute photos of brother-and-brother, or sister-and-sister, or brother-and-sister, just like the cute photos you use to promote Scientology. There was a powerful bond there, but if now that uncle or aunt can't even be talked about, that shows the truth of Scientology disconnection.
Curious. Given that Tad most likely doesn't read OCMB, what is the point of your unhealthy obsession with Tad & his family? What do you expect to get from all this?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:40 am

I do go on and on. Here are four examples

Example 1:
Scientology lawyer-whore Steven Hayes now pushing drug detox viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33544
That thread was 27 posts over 3 months. I doubt Hayes read it.

Example 2
Feshbachs lose billion-$ fund despite OT abilities
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29623
That was 15 posts over one month. I doubt the Feshbachs read it.

Example 3
Slatkin $600 Million Scandal - Continued
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3838&
I doubt that Slatkin ever read my dozens of posts in this and other threads.

Example 4:
BERNIE’S JUNE 2009 WEBSITE AGAINST CoS CRITICS
viewtopic.php?t=30866
Book-length critique of Bernie's website. I believe it was over a hundred pages on Word, and this was a revision of three earlier versions. I spent months on the earlier Bernie's November 2003 Website
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11597 that, and I don't know if Bernie ever read any of my versions.

So why write about someone if that person might be oblivious? It's for whoever reads posts here = to educate, unmask, or inspire thought or action.

So, Scientologists inspire me to write, because they are real and interesting. In the short run I may be complicating Tad's life, but I hope in the long run I might say one thing out of five hundred sentences, that might be the trigger to see his own power and ability to be his own man. I'm much nicer to Tad than Steven Hayes, but I've added a twist. I know somebody at CoS reads these posts, even if it's not Tad. If that person and/or Tad don't like my daily posts, they can just get those two baby photos promoting IAS off the Internet.

I have a list of 34 topics I intend to write short posts about, addressed to Tad but also to the OSA guy reading my list, and to any other reader. When I run out of those topics, I will probably start researching and writing about the Washington org, which should be good for another month. Then, there's Delphi, where Tad went to school, which should be good for another month. By November I can write short re-caps of major scandals, which should produce four months of posts. In the spring there should be some fresh scandals to write about. So, yeah, this thread is going to go on and on until those baby photos come down.

Smurf, I was about to abandon the Tad story until you tried to stop me from writing. Nobody stops me from writing. I'm trying to reunite my family, and the obstacle is the Church of Scientology. I can't talk to my relative, so my only course is to unmask the Church.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Don Carlo wrote:I do go on and on.

Smurf, I was about to abandon the Tad story until you tried to stop me from writing. Nobody stops me from writing. I'm trying to reunite my family, and the obstacle is the Church of Scientology. I can't talk to my relative, so my only course is to unmask the Church.
LOL. I'm not in the position of preventing anyone on OCMB from writing and have never told anyone to do so.

I only asked you a question because you seem to be unhealthily obsessed with stalking and calling out Tad Reeves rather than directing your focus on active Scientologist's behavior in general. That said, I like Tad, share your unhappiness with the circumstances of that he has chosen to live his life, and I personally look forward to the day in walks away from the scam.

But, I digress. Your knee-jerk response answered my question.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Tad, how come you never see photos of Hubbard's children? Or 3rd wife Mary Sue Hubbard? LRH tried to obliterate the existence of his 2nd wife.* He had seven** children and three** wives, and they've been scrubbed from all CoS websites and materials. Five children left Scientology, one died an unnatural death (Quentin) partly due to Hubbard rejecting his homosexuality, and one remains, Diana Hubbard, with her daughter, Ro Anne. So, Tad if Hubbard was so insightful inspiring or creating CoS child-raising courses, how come he couldn't keep his own children happy in Scientology?

HUBBARD: "How many times have I been married? I've been married twice. And I'm very happily married just now. I have a lovely wife, and I have four children. My first wife is dead."
INTERVIEWER: "What happened to your second wife?"
HUBBARD: "I didn't have a second wife."
[55]
[55]Secret Lives: L. Ron Hubbard, Channel 4 Television, November 19, 1997 , posted on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_North ... ter#Secret

**List at Hubbard Family Tree viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36290

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Tad, your tone and words in your ScientologyParents blog, describing your Scientology parenting classes, is very similar to "wins" posted in Scientology magazines, and to "wins" posted by Indie Scientologist Terrill Park. The awe, the euphoria, the utter acceptance, the utter lack of mixed feelings or even affectionate sarcasm. That tone sounds "right" to you, since you have been hearing (and coughing up) "win" stories for decades as a child and young person in Scientology.

As an outsider, representing the 6.7 billion never in Scientology, your tone sounds childlike, dependent, passive and repetitive. I'm not saying you should sit in the back of the class and make mocking doodles of the teacher to post on your blog, but as a full grown man you need to be more informed, independent and observant. Imagine you finally found and met your cousins, and they were safe (not CoS critics) to talk about. Would you bring up in class your "win" about how great it was to meet your cousins? Or would you find glacial silence - since much of the class can't or won't see their non-Scientology cousins, EVER.

Can you bring up in parenting class, Hubbard's barley milk*? It's an atrocious unscientific and unhealthy drink for anyone, let alone babies. Would there be a glacial silence again, since LRH never made mistakes. Here's a discussion, with Hubbard's words in red.

Hubbard introduced his infamous baby food recipe in The Auditor number 6 in an article ironically called "Healthy Babies". ..
"Breast feeding babies may have a nostalgic background, particularly to a Freudian oriented medico, but real breast milk again is usually a poor ration"
Where is the published research study, Ron, that physicians who recommend breast feeding subscribe to Freud's doctrines? And where is the published research with a nutritional analysis of breast milk demonstrating that it is usually a poor ration? No facts? Flunk, Ron.

"Modern mothers smoke and sometimes drink. Smoking makes the milk very musty."
Which modern mothers smoke? Verifiable statistics please. And Ron, how would you know that smoking makes breast milk musty if you did not sample it yourself? How many lactating women did you taste test?

"Anyway, a nervous modern mother just can't deliver the right ration."
Published statistics please, Ron. Don't have any? You go to retread!

Another quote, same page, about the botulism danger from the barley milk formula:
Here is another excerpt from HCOB 28 April 1991 BARLEY FORMULA FOR BABIES
"..honey may be used instead of corn syrup.."
" Do not add anything else to this formula, such as vitamins or cream..."

Except that honey fed to infants can kill them. Here is a paper from the University of Florida:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/AA142

from http://exscnforum.com/index.php/topic/5 ... d-parents/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:15 am

Tad, are you proud of Scientology's San Diego Church's support for Proposition 8, that took away the right of gays to marry in California? CoS never disavowed this action, claiming "the church avoids taking overt political stands." However, CoS HAS taken political stands in the past, especialy on mental health issues. CoS was dismayed by the bad PR they got, and maybe they won't allow any org to take an anti-gay stand again, but the damage to their reputation has been done. You grew up in a Scientology bubble, but even you know that young people are increasingly accepting of gay rights. However, many orgs are run by older people stuck in the 1950's, like the San Diego person who supported Proposition H(8). Why do you want your name associated with such people?
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... gy_and.php

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Tad, where's Shelley Miscavige, wife of David?
The last sighting of Shelly Miscavige in public is:
My surveillance told me that Shelly was recently (a week or two ago) seen at her father's funeral, accompanied by her sister and an RTC Rep watching over them.
dated 15 August 2007 by Little Bear Victor. Note 1

The same thread said that Anne Rathbun is Shelly's handler, that Shelly is probably being held at CST (Church of Spiritual Technology remote property)

The reason for her disappearance: Miscavige's assistant and, gossip relates, his lover Lou Stuckenbrock?; the happy pair with Tom Cruise at the races:

Note 1: http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=1333
Note 2: More discussion at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31348
Last edited by Don Carlo on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:14 pm

DC, would you like me to move this thread to Opinions & Debate where it might suit your purposes better or do you prefer to leave it here?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Whatever you like, Sponge. It started with the Village Voice media, but is turning into just "opinion" since Tad's not arriving to "debate."

Return to “Opinions & Debate”