Tad, the "outspoken" scientologist, from D.C.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Sponge

Re: Tad, the "outspoken" scientologist, from D.C.

Post by Sponge » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:52 pm

spacecootie wrote:Don Carlo, I agree with Sponge.

Your continued posts to Tad make about as much sense as an OT telepathically communicating with his body thetans.
My main point was really limited to the fact that the scientologists are communicating through their own little happy-happy-joy-joy network of approved entheta-free friends.
But if I have to make a more general comment as far as this thread is concerned, I don't really have any problem with using this form as a sort of general open message to scientologists, which is one way you could see this.
I personally could think of better things to do with my time though (but, hey, I do silly shoops in my coffee breaks so who am I to argue? ;)).
If someone wants to spend their time on this exercise then it's up to them, especially if it is something that hit a nerve in relation to their own strained or diplomatic relationships with scientologist family members.
However, I do think that turning it into a sort of utlimatum thing, tacit or real, is probably a tad pointless [pun intended].

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:02 pm

If Tad, on Facebook, Linked-In and several other Internet social media groups, is in such a bubble he doesn't hear about my writing, then he is not being inconvenienced. If he has and is curious, then hello. ALthough I am genuinely annoyed by using a baby as a marketing tool, I am trying to help Tad see things a different way; this is not an attack thread on him personally. I am trying to write truthfully but without personal sniping.

I am away and occasionally able to use an I phone so I can't do posts with a lot of excerpts and links. I still have at least twelve major topics to write about on this thread. I find this thread useful to summarize some of my favorite arguments from over a decade on this message board. If Tad ignores me, it won't discourage me - I have still been posting on new and old threads elsewhere.
The message board always needs content. We don't have the intense networks and memories of the exScientologist Messge Board, and don't have the excitement of the young picketers on why we protest.net . My perspective is as a family member troubled by CoS disconnection, and as an outsider who knows a little about a lot of things. I wish so much I could have a real conversation with my relative. This is my substitute.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Tad promoted barley milk in 2011, (and it's possible result, SCURVY)!
So, if you either can’t breastfeed, or if your child is going through a growth spurt and your breastmilk supply simply can’t keep up all of the sudden (which happened with both of our children) one seeks alternative ways to supplement the diet. Mr. Hubbard, in the article above, tendered a solution which he found worked and which any parent can easily try.
The recipe is...:*
So Tad, in his role as ideal Scientology parent, is not only praising barley milk but teaching how to make this unscientific formula. His one "scientific" fact is that breast milk is better.** But scientists have continually found new substances in breast milk, like Omega-3, that are essential for babies. Reputable formula companies, while imperfect, at least use the latest widely accepted scientific findings. The message from Tad's post is that if breast-feeding isn't possible, it's perfectly fine to give barley milk formula to the baby. This is abuse of his position of trust; switching from breast milk to just barley milk formula can cause SCURVY:
Infantile Scurvy: An Old Diagnosis Revisited with a Modern Dietary Twist, by Cynthia Burk, Rona Molodow, Pediatric Dermatology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA, 2007.
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is necessary for the formation of collagen, reducing free radicals, and aiding in iron absorption. Scurvy, a disease of dietary ascorbic acid deficiency, is uncommon today. Indeed, implementation of dietary recommendations largely eradicated infantile scurvy in the US in the early 1900s.We present a case of an otherwise healthy 2-year-old Caucasian girl who presented with refusal to walk secondary to pain in her lower extremities, generalized irritability, sleep disturbance, and malaise. The girl's parents described feeding the patient an organic diet recommended by the Church of Scientology that included a boiled mixture of organic whole milk, barley, and corn syrup devoid of fruits and vegetables. Physical examination revealed pale, bloated skin with edematous, violaceous gums and loosening of a few of her teeth. Dermatologic findings included xerosis, multiple scattered ecchymoses of the extremities, and perifollicular hemorrhage. Laboratory and radiographic evaluation confirmed the diagnosis of scurvy. The patient showed dramatic improvement after only 3 days of treatment with oral ascorbic acid and significant dietary modification.In this case report, we revisit the old diagnosis of scurvy with a modern dietary twist secondary to religious practices. This case highlights the importance of taking a detailed dietary history when evaluating diseases involving the skin.***
* Sept. 14, 20011 post, at http://www.scientologyparent.com/regard ... y-formula/
** Tad is squirreling (changing Hubbard policy) even to say that breast milk is better. Hubbard openly criticized breast milk.
** http://lib.bioinfo.pl/paper:17428115

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:56 pm

My own CoS-member-relative's infant was underweight in photos we saw later, and I believe it was due to barley milk instead of formula, so the barley milk issue affected that individual and that family, who are my flesh and blood. Tad has written Internet-techie articles, and has a techie job, so his readers may believe he is fully educated in science and scientific proof. Tad could easily have done a little research, just google "barley milk" + "criticism" before he wrote his post. Or, he could have looked at infant formula* on wikipedia and asked himself if barley milk has specific government-required vitamins and minerals, plus biotin, choline, inositol, and nucleotides.* Reader comments on his blog only agreed with him. Could someone who can hide their identity better than me (or who is an open critic) try entering the above scurvy finding, and see if Tad is indeed conscientious enough to allow that post? The thread is http://www.scientologyparent.com/regard ... y-formula/ . If it saves one baby from this quack formula it would be worth it.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_formula ; its footnote for list of nutrients is Blachford, Ed. Cengage, G. “Baby Formula”, eNotes.com, November 03, 2009

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm back in with the daily comments to Tad. Criticizing me for trying to protect BABIES from Tad's lazy and dangerous blog advice, makes me think I'm hitting a nerve. The DC org is a critical part of the CoS. Keeping it looking busy and prosperous helps CoS influence Congress, lawsuits, and media. Monique Yingling is in DC, supposedly ruling IAS, and IAS tries to legally attack picketers. Tad filmed picketers,(1), showing possible involvement with IAS-anti-picketer-actions. If Tad leads an exodus, and ex-members start to speak out in DC, CoS will lose clout there. If Tad continues to run pro-CoS blogs, build websites, and volunteer for many tasks, CoS is maintained for longer in DC.

If Tad doesn't like attention, he shouldn't run an attention-getting blog for a controversial criminal enterprise - Tad: Look at ME! Look at my wife ! And my wonderful adorable children ! My church is great (2) ! Auditing is great for children!(3) Look at ME again! Isn't my baby a cute little IAS member, paying those noble private investigators! (4)

With THAT level of attention-seeking, Tad can't complain about lost privacy. He has become a public figure.

Remember all Tad has to do is take down the baby-joins-IAS photos at (4) and (5) and I'll leave him alone.
(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtMozN-P_mY
(2) http://www.scientologyparent.com/church ... ite-people
(3) http://www.scientologyparent.com/scient ... pproaches/
(4) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36290&start=90 and
(5) http://www.scientologyparent.com/macken ... me-member/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:48 pm

The more you try to muzzle me, the more I'll write.

Tad, do you get Freedom Magazine? Did you wonder "what the hey?" with the New Yorker cartoon of writer Lawrence Wright, the other cartoons, and the 24,000-word feverish attacks on him and his sources? CoS did another footbullet there - giving free publicity to the New Yorker, and attempting to slime critics like Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Jason Beghe, Amy Scobee, Tom De Vocht, and others, while using made-up names. See, the fact that Marty Rathbun et al left might be NEWS to some Scientologists, so Freedom Magazine had to talk in code. The inner circle KNEW who had left, and presumably enjoyed insulting each by their new CoS nickname. It was part high-school-nasty-secret-gossip, part saying-they're-bad-makes-them-wrong. And it took six months to write! The worst of the footbullet is that it attracted attention, especially on the Internet. The admitted clever (tho photo-shopped) cartoons were scooped up to decorate mocking stories of Freedom Magazine. So, the moral is, if you have a ridiculous and very out-of-date screed, don't illustrate it with clever artwork, because the combination is irresistable. Village Voice was just one of the websites that mocked this issue of Freedom. http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... gy_att.php

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Tad, how do you feel about forced abortion? If you and your wife worked for Sea Org, you'd have been forced to abort at least your oldest child, possibly both. Since Sea Org workers are barely paid anything and have minimal time off, it's difficult for married couples to get reliable birth control, and biology ensures that some married couples will get pregnant. Once the pregnancy was revealed, Sea Org likely would have separated you, possibly to different cities, kept you from talking to each other, and scared your wife that her Scientology relatives would disconnect from her and you, Tad would divorce AND disconnect from her unless she got the abortion. Plus, she would lose her job in Sea Org. Your wife would have been surrounded for many hours by people firing verbal attacks and threats at her. If both of you refused the abortion, you'd both get fired. Then if you wanted to stay in Scientology, you'd have to pay back your bogus Freeloader's Bill, for all courses you took while in Sea Org. You'd have no job, and deep debt. What other employer does this? What other religion does this? This happened to really nice people, who didn't KNOW when they signed up for Sea Org that they would be forced to make this heart-wrenching decision.

This policy may have changed, since the Headley case.* That gave CoS blistering publicity and, even though the case didn't go forward because of "ministerial exception," CoS apparently didn't want new ladies coming forward claiming forced abortions. CoS has let at least one woman quietly leave when she refused the abortion, rather than have her escape and run to the newspapers and Internet with her story.

So, you think, welllll, then that's "in the past." I'm getting my wins, and my life is sweet, so those abortions are somebody else's problem. No, Tad, it's still mandatory-abortion-or-quietly-leave-Sea-Org. They just have stopped dumping a massive pile of bricks on the woman to make her decide to abort. They still don't support the couples to get effective birth control, and even effective birth control has a small failure rate.

You use your own babies for public relations for this organization, and you support CoS in many ways. You OWN those aborted babies, and , once they turn 18, if they don't reject their public relations role, you're making your children, as adults in the future, own them, too.

*Women who were forced to abort tell their stories: http://www.lermanet.com/cos/abortions.html and http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Women_revea ... cientology

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Tad, it's been a bad week, month, and year for CoS. Are you aware of the media happily attracting readers/viewers with the Scientology scandal du jour? In Australia it's a $#!+storm, between Jan Eastgate accused of telling a girl to lie about being molested by a Scientologist, and the government examining Scientology's minimum wage abuses. Governments like Germany invite famous old critics to speak. Orgs can't pay their bills. Pickets almost never happened before the mid-1990s, now they happen monthly. The Super Power building photos are photo-shopped with sci-fi characters. The Village Voice and now the San Francisco Weekly are regularly putting out news embarassing to CoS. It's not the same safe little church you grew up in; it's reeling with shock at each wave of bad public relations. Now, if you tell an outsider you're a Scientologist, the outsider is likely to quiz you about the OT 3 story, the one with X _ _ _ and the volcanoes.
If you REALLY believe CoS is a clean and ethical group, how could it hurt to read some ex-Scientologist stories? Tempting though it is to hide in your bubble, you would be more effective if you could answer questions about these scandals. Of course, there's the chance you may be so shocked you'll investigate further.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Tad, here's a couple who were nice public members, who earnestly pointed out CoS violated its own written policy to force them into seven years of sec checks. Look how intelligent, reasonable and patient they were, just trying to keep Hubbard's policies done right. Yet CoS attacked them because CoS really needed to hide how CoS changed Hubbard's tech. This video shows that most CoS members are regular competent idealistic people, trapped in a Kafkaesque bureaucracy.
Greg and Debra Barnes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Sh3hLn6PM

Judith Anderson

Post by Judith Anderson » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:20 am

What a terrible waste of human resources, that's my conclusion re the set-up and the black PR run against Greg and
Debra Barnes. It is one of the core reasons why CoS is deteriorating, imo. I've seen variations of it before in other agencies, but nothing like this. And then having to pay 16K every six months for a sec check? So that's the rub. How obscene. Not just the money but the questions, like: do you masturbate? Do you have sex with animals? And other totally disgusting questions.

Scientology, you don't deserve Greg and Debra Barnes.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Tad, you were photographed with Mary Shuttleworth, and likely admire her Youth for Human Rights International group, which promotes the UN Declaration of Human Rights. But Shuttleworth ignores the real human rights violations within Sea Org. Here are some highlights from the UN Declaration of Human Rights which every Sea Org member should read.
QUOTE: Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion,
MY COMMENT: This means Suppressive People (SP's) have rights. CoS often labels Scientologists and others who criticize CoS management as Suppressive People, and harass their neighbors and employers with ridiculous lies about being child molesters or bigots. CoS apparently feels that critics who say CoS has hurt their families, must be "shuddered into silence." This, while YFHRI is supposedly pro-freedome of speech.

QUOTE: No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.
MY COMMENT: The Billion Year contract is a form of slavery. Sea Org workers are often not told before signing, about the extreme rules of Sea Org, like the RPF for incurring Miscavige's misfavor. They are pressured into signing this, and not given a copy of the contract. Later, when the worker wants to leave, he often isn't "allowed" to leave in good standing without months or even years of punitive questioning and a huge illegal debt for courses taken. This is slavery.

QUOTE: No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence
MY COMMENT: Sea Org shouldn't force a disconnection between a SO worker and his family, even if they are critics.

QUOTE: Everyone has the right to freedom of movement
MY COMMENT: The RPF violates this.

QUOTE: Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family.
MY COMMENT: Found a family means to bear or adopt children. Sea Org members are prohibited from doing this. This is not for religious reasons, say that children are a distraction from spirituality, but for the convenience of COS, so that the workers' hands and minds belong to COS alone.

QUOTE: They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
MY COMMENT: Many ex-Sea Org workers say Miscavige forced them to divorce, which is anti-marriage. This is a control issue, not a spiritual issue.

QUOTE: Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
MY COMMENT: COS violates this by suing or harassing people who only speak and write criticially about COS.

QUOTE: Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family and an existence worthy of human dignity
MY COMMENT: Thirty or forty dollars a week is not a living wage, even if you throw in room and board. Sea Org members live in substandard conditions.

QUOTE: Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay
MY COMMENT: Sea Org obviously violates this.

ALL QUOTES from
http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:17 am

Tad the scientologist's 2 year old helps change the tire on the family car.

Posted by Tad on scientologyparent.com March 8, 2012

Source (scientology site): www. scientologyparent.com/2-year-old-change-tires-subaru/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mTWIi-H8g

If it weren’t already terrible that we have to commute halfway around the Capitol Beltway every day to take the kids to school, the entire Virginia section of the beltway is under heavy construction right now – which means lots of debris on the road, and lots of opportunities for flat tires. We’ve now had three flats in the last 2 months.

This morning, however, my wife had a bit of a different shock. After seeing that our car had a flat, and jacking it up to change it (I had already left hours ago for work), my 2-year-old daughter demanded to be able to help fix the Subaru. (In case you missed it, she feels very strongly about the Subaru). After my wife stood on the wrench to loosen up the bolts, she then watched in awe as our daughter walked up to the wheel, and without being shown what to do, one-by-one loosened all of the lugs on the wheel until it was ready to be taken off.

All my wife could do was sit back in awe. It was like this was the 50th tire she’d changed, as she just walked up & went to work with no hesitation. She then, proceeded to put each of the 5 lugnuts on her fingers as she loosened them off, which I guess was the way they did it back her day.

Video2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKMvpfyKpZ8

I’ve written again and again and again how helpful this girl is, but this one just blew us away
The website tagline says "Applying scientology to parenting with results"
Obviously these scientology parents have such amazing superpowers that if the car fell off the jack then they'd be able to stop it from crushing their child.
Next week Tad and his wife will be showing us their kid replacing the transmission on a Chevy Explorer, cutting lumber on a circular saw, operating a turret lathe and rewiring the family home.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 am

Keep the toddler away from the jacked-up car, parents. It's not amazing that the kid can unscrew a nut - it's like opening a jar of peanut butter. Toddlers get all kinds of tool toys these days, like the Fisher Price toy drill.*

* http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Dril ... B002SXMH3K

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:03 am

Sponge wrote:Tad the scientologist's 2 year old helps change the tire on the family car. The website tagline says "Applying scientology to parenting with results" Obviously these scientology parents have such amazing superpowers that if the car fell off the jack then they'd be able to stop it from crushing their child.
Nothing amazing about changing a tire. I just call AAA. :lol:

dirty hippie

Post by dirty hippie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:11 am

I hope mommy never throws the child out the window to watch her fly.

Does accidental death dog Scientology? It really seems like they die unnaturally in disproportionate numbers.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”