Ron's books

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
SeeYaBye

Re: Ron's books

Postby SeeYaBye » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Scientonon wrote:
Demented LRH wrote:3. Have You Lived Before (I never took this book seriously, it looked like a cosmic joke to me)

I read that book too, it's absolutely ridiculous!ImageI think the only LRH book which is more ridiculous is A History of Man. I think it isn't only ridiculous, it's even sick.

I was a Scientologist for quite some time, and a staff member for 5 years, but never read either of these. I would occasionally look them over in the Scientology bookstore, but they didn't look particularly interesting, so I never bought or read them. Here's some interesting info on the book A History of Man for those who are unfamiliar with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientolog ... ory_of_Man

Sounds like a real page-turner, doesn't it!?
"The truth is the kindest thing we can give folks in the end." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

programmer_guy

Postby programmer_guy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:23 am

Wieber wrote:I have read "book one" twice. I have also read all the other books that were around in the seventies, suppressive typos and all.

I was in the scientology brainwashed state when I read them. My recalled response is different from what it is now. I will not be reading any of those books again to see how I feel about them now.

Most of the books have very little narrative or informational content. There is some of that but by and large they contain processes to run on people. As such they are difficult to get through. As tempted as I was at the time to get someone else and start running book processes on each other I never did it. I wouldn't bother with that kind of thing now.

Somewhere in L. Ron Hubbard's policies, books and lectures he states that the technology of scientology is in the Hubbard Communications Office Bulletins (HCOBs) in red ink on white paper and signed by him. He goes on to say, "it is not in the books." Notwithstanding that the books are included in the course materials for almost every course offered in scientology.

The books were always outdated compared to the HCOBs.
However, a student auditor on SHSBC (Class VI) still had to go through all of them (except for OT stuff), including the books.
codo ergo sum.

Wieber

Postby Wieber » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:28 am

I've also been told (verbal data again, Osalurker) that there are two or three of the so called basic books on the operating thetan level eight course.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

programmer_guy

Postby programmer_guy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:34 am

Wieber wrote:I've also been told (verbal data again, Osalurker) that there are two or three of the so called basic books on the operating thetan level eight course.

Who is Osalurker? Just curious.
codo ergo sum.

Wieber

Postby Wieber » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 am

programmer_guy wrote:
Wieber wrote:I've also been told (verbal data again, Osalurker) that there are two or three of the so called basic books on the operating thetan level eight course.

Who is Osalurker? Just curious.

If I wrote it OSA lurker would it make more sense? I'm sure $cientology's office of special affairs has at least one person keeping an eye on this forum.
Doris Lessing

subrosa

Postby subrosa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:55 pm

I read Dianetics, History of Man, and All about Radiation. From a scientific viewpoint, there isn't an iota of science in any of them. The History of man must have been written in a weekend, while ElRon was on a binge or something. Even bases some of it on Piltdown Man, (later proven to be a hoax). The Radiation book should be required reading in Comedy Clubs to get the audience fired up before the comedians take the stage! Even a 5th grader knows more (And is more accurate) about radiation than ElRon.

alienist

Postby alienist » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:36 pm

A family member had a copy of Dianetics many years ago. He seemed to be somewhat under the book's thrall at the time. I was concerned and picked it up to skim a few pages. I found the promises it held to be entirely incredible.

This quote sums it up nicely for me, "This volume probably contains more promises and less evidence per page than has any publication since the invention of printing." - Review of "Dianetics", Scientific American, 1951
Take away the supernatural, and what remains is the unnatural.
-G.K. Chesterton

programmer_guy

Postby programmer_guy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:48 am

subrosa wrote:I read Dianetics, History of Man, and All about Radiation. From a scientific viewpoint, there isn't an iota of science in any of them. The History of man must have been written in a weekend, while ElRon was on a binge or something. Even bases some of it on Piltdown Man, (later proven to be a hoax). The Radiation book should be required reading in Comedy Clubs to get the audience fired up before the comedians take the stage! Even a 5th grader knows more (And is more accurate) about radiation than ElRon.

If you thought that was crazy then you should have listened to the tape recorded Philadelphia Doctorate course lectures where Hubbard mentions "cat people" and "doll people" on the, so-called, "Whole Track".
codo ergo sum.

tamasin-sp

Postby tamasin-sp » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 am

programmer_guy wrote:
subrosa wrote:I read Dianetics, History of Man, and All about Radiation. From a scientific viewpoint, there isn't an iota of science in any of them. The History of man must have been written in a weekend, while ElRon was on a binge or something. Even bases some of it on Piltdown Man, (later proven to be a hoax). The Radiation book should be required reading in Comedy Clubs to get the audience fired up before the comedians take the stage! Even a 5th grader knows more (And is more accurate) about radiation than ElRon.

If you thought that was crazy then you should have listened to the tape recorded Philadelphia Doctorate course lectures where Hubbard mentions "cat people" and "doll people" on the, so-called, "Whole Track".

Programmer Guy,

Do you know which lecture Hubbard talks about "cat people", my Father was at St. Hill when these lectures were given by Hubbard and it is something he(my Father) went on about. I'm sure I came across it myself somewhere but can't remember where. If you can remember which one, it would be useful.

Thank you in advance
Look at our brokenness.
We know that in all Creation
Only the human family
Has strayed from the sacred way.

Teach us love,compassion,honour
That we may heal the earth
And heal each other.(part of an Ojibway prayer)

Demented LRH

Postby Demented LRH » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:40 pm

The craziest book by Hubbard that was never published is Excalibur. He claims that when he was temporary dead he was given metaphysical knowledge of the universe. After gaining that knowledge he came back to life. Only a handful of people read that book, their accounts of it can be found on the Internet. The first half of the book looks likes a primitive biology textbook, the second half is about crowd control in prison conditions. If the universe is a large Gulag then Hubbard has discovered its secrets.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

programmer_guy

Postby programmer_guy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 am

tamasin-sp wrote:
programmer_guy wrote:

Programmer Guy,

Do you know which lecture Hubbard talks about "cat people", my Father was at St. Hill when these lectures were given by Hubbard and it is something he(my Father) went on about. I'm sure I came across it myself somewhere but can't remember where. If you can remember which one, it would be useful.

Thank you in advance

PDC-43 On Auditing: How to Succeed/Fail, Assess
A Lecture given by L. Ron Hubbard on December 13, 1952

Another one’s the Cat People. God knows where the Cat People came from.
Lord! Lord! Lord! These people are sure lost. Most of them are mad as hatters.
And they have huge, huge, often slanted… they… they’ll take the GE and they
will change the GE’s eyes to large and slanted; they’ll make the GE grow very thin.
And the eyes will be big and quite often uh… uh… very feline. And they’re lost.
They don’t know where they are. And they kinda look like cats. And they’ll talk to
you about catbirds from some place or another.

But what do we find in their case? We find out that cats are a ‘can’t destroy’.
And then there are other people who are similar to that; find cats that can’t
destroy that aren’t part of the Cat People, because to be a good valid cat person
one of the first requisites is to be strictly fruitcake and very thin. They’re really lost.
I don’t know who got hold of the Cat People or where or brought them in to the track,
but they spin as quick as you look at them. You’ve known some of them, I’m sure.
They’re kind of sweet and they’re kind of anxious to help, and they’re kind of starry-eyed
and they’re not very forceful – they’re very weak. And uh… all of a sudden, if – you were
to tell one of them suddenly that he couldn’t possibly be of any help, you can just watch
him spin right on the spot.

I hope this is what you were asking about.
codo ergo sum.

Wieber

Postby Wieber » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:27 am

Well if that's L. Ron's version of cat-people or felinoids I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief.

To me, these are cat people. Fictional but still . . .
I think you will find C. J. Cherryh's writing to be light years above L. Ron's.
Doris Lessing

tamasin-sp

Postby tamasin-sp » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Programmer Guy
Thank you very much, it wasn't what I was thinking about but most helpful and very useful.

Great picture, Weiber.
Look at our brokenness.

We know that in all Creation

Only the human family

Has strayed from the sacred way.

Teach us love,compassion,honour

That we may heal the earth

And heal each other.(part of an Ojibway prayer)

programmer_guy

Postby programmer_guy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:33 am

tamasin-sp wrote:Programmer Guy
Thank you very much, it wasn't what I was thinking about but most helpful and very useful.

As I look back on this, where are the SCN case studies published where we can all read them?
How many PCs really "recalled" that they were "cat people" or "doll people"? How many didn't?

As long as the case details were all secret then Hubbard could spout out anything and all Scientologists
were just required to believe anything that he said. There was NO review, or validation, of this crap
from outside of the cult that I know of.
codo ergo sum.

Demented LRH

Postby Demented LRH » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:26 pm

I think Hubbard became delirious when he was talking about cat people. His speech pattern in that piece varies considerable from the normal one. He rants and rambles about the cat species, he repeats the same theme over and over, which is a sign of delirium.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”