LETTERS WITH CLOUT

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Tigger

LETTERS WITH CLOUT

Post by Tigger » Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:40 pm

Posting to internet newsgroups is an effective means of educating the public to a certain extent. But to reach those who do not (so far) have a reason to visit anti-scieno newsgroups, writing letters can be a valuable tool to educate and/or focus the attention of media and/or influential people on the problem scientology poses for any fredom-loving society. If nothing else, it may prevent them from being blindsided by COS propaganda.

Tigger

LETTER TO A SCIENTOLOGIST/MEDIA PERSON/LAWYER (transferred from a.r.s.)

Group:ialt.religion.scientology Date: Sun, Feb 18, 2001, 8:46pm (CST+6) Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com Subject: Re: Letter to Greta Van Susteren
Subject: Letter to Greta Van Susteren

Date: 2/18/01 2:29 PM Central Standard Time
Feb. 2, 2001
44 Court of Greenway
Northbrook, Il 60062

To:
Greta Van Susteren
CNN
820 First St. N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20002

Dear Ms. Van Susteren:
I am a former staff member of the Cult Awareness Network (CAN). As you know, CAN was forced into bankruptcy and taken over by the Church of Scientology. It is known that you are a member of the Church of Scientology and that you are a major contributor to the Scientology IAS (International Association of Scientologists) 'War chest.' I wonder if you know that the 'War Chest' money is used primarily to fund covert operations to silence critics and former members of the Church of Scientology.

I have enclosed an article about the takeover of CAN from the New Times Los Angeles paper. I ask you to read it. I and other CAN staff members lost our jobs with an hours notice and as CAN staff members we were all subjected to considerable harassment from scientology operatives and members.

My purpose in writing to you is to ask you if you are really fully aware of the nature of the harassment activities that were directed against CAN, CAN staff members and CAN supporters? Are you aware that your contributions to the Scientology 'War Chest' helped finance the Jason Scott case and the harassment actions against CAN? I personally find it difficult to believe that a person of your stature and legal background would knowingly approve of and would help support these actions.

Since the New Times article appeared other shocking things have unfolded with regard to the destruction of CAN. It has been discovered that a young woman who worked in the CAN office as a Trusted CAN Volunteer was all along a spy-covert agent for the Church of Scientology and was over a period of four years supplying internal CAN information to a network of scientology operatives. I'm not suggesting that you knew anything about this but I do assume that you know Kendrick Moxon, the in-house Church of Scientology attorney. Moxon was the person who engineered the CAN takeover and is believed to be responsible for the covert CAN spy operation.

Ms. Van Susteren, I am asking you on a personal level if you were aware of the covert activities against CAN which were financed with IAS 'War Chest' contributions and if you approved of them.

Sincerely yours,

Jim Beebe
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:06 pm

LETTER TO A JUDGE: transferred from a.r.s.

Group: alt.religion.scientology Date: Sun, Feb 18, 2001, 8:38am (CST+1) From: tommyboy508@webtv.net (tommyboy)

Hon. Thomas E. Penick, Judge
6th Judicial Circuit Court
Pinellas County, FL

Re: Civil Action # 99-7430-CI-8

Dear Judge Penick:

It was brought to my intention via a post on this newsgroup yesterday by one of the defendants in the above-styled action, that you were going to make a sincere and genuine effort to peruse the internet for a better comprehension of the ongoing difficulties and differences in the named parties. This news of your open minded approach of getting to the
bottom of matters at hand, was received with elation.

In re: this case which has affectionately been named as The Clearwater Thirteen, I felt
compelled to come forth and share my intimate observations as well as active co-participation in the claims being made by the Plaintiff/s et. al.

Since March of 1996, I have been actively involved in 5 out of the 6 annual protests in Clearwater. Last December 2, 2000, I too was officially served with the injunction in question by a surly looking agent of the Scientology organization, who knew my full name when asked of him. After thoroughly reviewing the
document, it was plain to see that the Plaintiff's intentions behind seeking injunctive relief, was not genuine at all, but rather just an instrument to set up future litigation against innocent parties who simply choose to exercise their
first amendment rights to express themselves in a lawful, peaceful, and civil manner.

I would urge you to look beyond the confusing subject of religious freedom in this issue before you in this case. If you do take the time to query each of the defendants, you will be very surprised to learn that none of them want to disturb the rights of scientologists to worship or to believe in whatever they wish. Their open protests, as well as mine, deals with the grave concerns of behavior and in particular abusive behavior vs. beliefs. It is no secret to the entire world that scientologists are VERY litigious. They will sue anything or anybody at the drop of a hat. In your jurisdiction, a excellent news article was written by Lucy Morgan of the St. Pete Times just 3 years ago titled "Scientology - Hardball Litigators" It can be found on the internet at:

http://www.sptimes.com/News/32899/Tampa ... dball.html

I too have fallen victim to excessive and lethal litigation tactics of scientologists which has been archived by a collection of various reporting groups at:

http://padgett.taxexemptchildabuse.net

In protest, I started my own web page just 2 weeks ago to encourage lst and 14th amendment rights and to promote mediation and other alternatives of dispute resolution, other than costic, abusive, and costly litigation ploys which literally are mandated scripture in the Scientology / Dianetics system of beliefs. My page, though under construction, is found at:

http://community.webtv.net/tommyboy508/TomPadgetts

I have met all of the defendants, and know most of them. I do not believe they have any intentions at all to break the laws of the State of Florida. Conversely however, I was a member of the scientology group from 1978 to 1987, and will always have severe doubts of their true
motives.

It is noted in the sect's policies, that it is a HIGH CRIME to publicly speak out against their group or their leader Mr. Hubbard, now deceased. Since there are absolutely no statutes to support such notions, they litigate their critics and defectors into bankruptcy and ultimately into silence. I know this for fact from my own first hand experiences.

Your honor, immediately following this letter, I will post two essays - one on "Religious Tyranny," and another on the "Religious Mafia."

I would beg you to become familiar with these public domain documents as sound, researched, and frightfully accurate. Our free society is at risk when citizens do not have the rights for critism, public debate, and redress. The epitomy of absurdity of this case, is when it becomes unlawful to sit the the chair of Santa Claus when he is off taking a rest room break. .....especially when Mr. Claus (or Mr. Kringle) is NOT named as one of the plaintiffs. Any normal and rational person observing this behavior would naturely ask, "Since when did FLAG Service Org. Inc. have a pipeline to the North Pole?" I am an eye witness and a material witness to alleged conduct of both parties in this case before you.

In much appreciation of your willingness to review all the facts for the pursuit of justice, I remain,

Respectfully yours,

Thomas C. Padgett

P.O. Box 414
South Orleans, MA 02662 (End)

Tigger here:

I just revisited Tom Padgett's new webpage and he has added some new amusing tidbits. :) :) :)
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:12 pm

Transferred from a.r.s.

Group: alt.religion.scientology Date: Sun, Feb 18, 2001, 9:14am (CST+1) From: tommyboy508@webtv.net (tommyboy)

First attachment to Judge Penick letter of 2/18/01

For info. on RELIGIOUS TYRANNY, click on:

http://watchman.org/sci/scnintr2.htm

Tom
------------------------------
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:18 pm

Transferred from a.r.s.

Group: alt.religion.scientology Date: Sun, Feb 18, 2001, 9:19am (CST+1) From: tommyboy508@webtv.net (tommyboy)

Second attachment to Judge Penick letter of 2/18/01.

For info. on the RELIGIOUS MAFIA, click on:

http://watchman.org/sci/scientologymafia.htm

Tom
------------------------------
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Return to “Opinions & Debate”