The Huge List O'Scientology Websites...

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
freeborn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by freeborn » Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:55 pm

Maybe "Mr. Cult Operative" blew the Sea Org after he did all this, and they couldn't find anyone else to update the sites.

Bravehearts Girlfriend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bravehearts Girlfriend » Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:38 pm

Well, hmmm, maybe we could do that with all of us here. Andreas could send out a facile questionnaire, we could answer ever so briefly, hiding important info, and then he could link us all to OC and get the stats up even further. Just a thought...

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:06 pm

Nahhh, better a genuine # 4 than a fake # 1.

I do wonder if by visiting or linking to www.scientology.org, the critics are a big source of ITS stats.

Bravehearts Girlfriend

Post by Bravehearts Girlfriend » Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:45 pm

Hee hee Don Carlo, if That's the case, you are it's #1 benefactor from OC! :)

Hey, last time I looked OC was #2. (And no, I Wasn't serious ICYTO!)

Best to you,
BG

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:17 pm

And just think of all the attention I "lavished" on Bernie's "critics are bigots" site - I must have increased HER number of visitors and links!

And CoS and Bernie never write to thank me! ;)

Bravehearts Girlfriend

Post by Bravehearts Girlfriend » Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:41 pm

They are such ungrateful creatures, it is indeed lamentable, dispicable!. All that "airtime" (including my favorite, the art critic thread) and....silence.

And yet anyone who visits Bernie or CoS and then sees OC will have a hell of a lot more stuff to compare that with that wasn't there before.

Let's see, that could, multiply by how many people they tell, be approximately (choosing my favorite numbers) 5,613 people you've influenced in a matter of weeks!

Best,
BG

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:08 pm

"Meet over 16,000 Scientologists Online" says Cos link at
http://on-line.scientology.org/

Maybe this was the number back in 1998, and it has shrunk to 15,035 in April, 2002. It then has lost 1000 names in four years, a rate of about 250 names a year. That's about five per week.

I assume some of the removed sites are people who are declared, like these
http://www.torymagoo.com/freedsps.htm

Others have died over the four years, and presumably CoS has removed their websites.

There must be a few new members starting up websites (and one wonders if they were "regged" into doing so), but the overall trend is downward for these happy-to-be-fleeced website pages.

Two years ago, critics used to guess 50,000 Scientologists worldwide. Now I wonder if it's even 20,000.

So much for "the fastest growing religion."

freeborn

Post by freeborn » Thu Apr 25, 2002 9:44 pm

Not every one of my relatives have those tacky web sites, though they have been in co$ just as long, so there may be more, hiding in the bushes.

Jeanie

Post by Jeanie » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:20 am

Speaking of the Scieno websites, I noticed a name similar to a person I knew years ago. I want to click the "Click here to send me an email" button, but will it go directly to them? Or do those questions get sent to some central POC?

I first want to make sure it's who I think it is, and, of course, I won't start espousing "Scientology Sucks" rhetoric right away.

I just want to make sure that if and when I get an answer from him, it's really him, and not some flunky who's hat it is to answer all the "Click here to email me" questions sent to all 15,000 persons.

freeborn

Post by freeborn » Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:39 am

I tried it. You get a form to fill out with your name and address, but you don't get their personal e-mail address. Don't do it, unless you want to be on the co$ mailing list forever.

Bravehearts Girlfriend

Post by Bravehearts Girlfriend » Fri Apr 26, 2002 8:44 am

Also, B knows someone who WAS in in 1998 (and has a so-called personal website up) but is out now but they've kept up her site and the bottom says "1998 - 2002." Wonder how many of those are out there...

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:36 am

Jeanie, try www.Yahoo.com which has a "People search" link.

Jeanie

Post by Jeanie » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:39 pm

Thanks, Don Carlo and Freeborn.

zaphod

Post by zaphod » Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:03 pm

Been a long time since I've seen this ol' thread.

Here is another Scientology website:

www.humanrightswatchfrance.org

I suppose Scientology takes exception to being exposed as a global fraud and money making scam, pretending to be a religion.

jasonc

Post by jasonc » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:16 am

Hey Don, do you know how I can get my scientology website off the net....Any time someone types my name in a search, the first 2 resulst that get is "......is a Scientologist"!!!!!

Return to “Opinions & Debate”