One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mother turns 12-year old son over to the Sea Org
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 pm 
The FB page smurf linked us to has the mother stating the child had done the "PURIF". Why on earth?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:37 pm 

Jet needs a professional child-protective-services interview away from Sea Org, asking him about his Commanding Officer duties. This job title seems incompatible even with "home-schooled" kids. When I was twelve I took pre-algebra, French, gym, geography, science, and English grammar, writing and literature. Is Jet learning this? Child Protective Services should interview other kids, and ask them what THEY do all day, and what the others do all day, and how they are housed at night. Also, what do they do on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, IN DETAIL, so they can't just say "I have Sundays off." Also, when was the last time they talked to their parents on the phone, and when did they see their parent(s) face to face. Each child should describe who they report to, and what is their guardian's role in their life.

Given Aaron Sexton's allegation of sexual abuse at Cadet org, Child Protective Services should also tell these children that any sexual abuse was the fault of the older person, not the child, and that if Person X abused them, Child Protective Services can make sure Person X doesn't abuse other children in the future.

I think a humane, listening and thorough questioning of the Cadet children will uncover educational neglect, abuse of labor laws, and worse.

The police and Child Protective Services should do all contacts with all under-18 workers at Sea Org. If in the future critics call out to these children, talk to them directly, e-mail them, or phone them, that could be construed as stalking them. Then the children's misfortune will get clouded by an uproar over whatever the critic did wrong in this future scenario. The best outcome for the children (rescue by authorities) will also be the safest for the critics.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:03 pm 

There is so much posited here on the cult's assumption of parental rights it makes my head spin. The parents can't just turn over guardianship of their children to whoever they please. That is illegal. Nor can the cult designate a guardian. That is also illegal. And if they are transferring minors from one country to another they are doing it for a reason, to avoid detection of what really amounts to human trafficking.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:22 pm 

Judith Anderson wrote:
There is so much posited here on the cult's assumption of parental rights it makes my head spin. The parents can't just turn over guardianship of their children to whoever they please. That is illegal. Nor can the cult designate a guardian. That is also illegal. And if they are transferring minors from one country to another they are doing it for a reason, to avoid detection of what really amounts to human trafficking.
Unfortunately, Judith, the laws are so jumbled, that there is no specific guidelines regarding this matter. I have addressed the matter to several community child advocates & an attorney that specializes in child advocacy, and there are limits on what authorities can do to follow-up on a complaint. I wish this wasn't the case, because it de-values the needs & welfare of children.

For example, many law enforcement agencies will not recognize a welfare complaint unless it is filed by a direct relative, or the issuance of a court order, or I, personally, observed an act of physical child abuse, i.e., I find a child in a locked car during a hot day. Different jurisdictions have different laws what constitutes child abuse & parental neglect. There is also the "religious exemption" we all hear about.

I was informed by a child advocate today that turning a child over to a church organization for care may not constitute parental neglect; when I discussed the organizational structure & mission of the Sea Org with her, she said this might constitute using child for slave labor, but what direct evidence do I have that the mother's son is not being well cared for?

I'm continuing to pursue the matter for more satisfactory options. I can't accept that federal law entitles a parent to simply surrender a child to a regimented, labor intensive organization, simply because it's aligned with a "religious" entity.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 pm 

School Accreditation, Private School/Homeschooling, and Truancy may be the keys here.
The accreditation group for California schools is Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC). Their website* doesn't list any "Cadet" or "Canyon Oaks Los Angeles" school. Sadly, the school has to WANT accreditation and pay dues to the accreditation association.
Yet, the fact that there is a group of children at the Cadet org, means it has to be some form of private school , presumably with than six cadets
Quote:
The state is required to compile a directory of all private schools that have 6 or more students,
from http://www.hsc.org/legalfaq.php The directories of the more-than-six-students private schools are at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ds/si/ps/
Edit - clicking on 2010-2011 gives an Excel spreadsheet; See my 11:32 post below.

Quote:
Truancy Intervention Program (TIP): This program targets juveniles with school attendance problems, grades K-12, in three school districts. The Probation Department provides a School Probation Officer at each of the sites to assist in monitoring the juvenile’s attendance through direct contact with the juvenile and his/her family. The goals are to increase the juvenile’s school attendance and enhance academic achievement.
from County of San Diego, Juvenile Community Supervision
Maybe http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/probation/ju ... ision.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:52 pm 

Don Carlo wrote:
Truancy may be the key here. The goals are to increase the juvenile’s school attendance and enhance academic achievement....from County of San Diego, Juvenile Community Supervision. Maybe http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/probation/ju ... ision.html
Two problems here, DC. We don't know where Jet is posted in the Sea Org, and Kenya now lives in Colorado with her boyfriend. I doubt Jet is in San Diego, where there is less of a Sea Org presence.

From what I've garnered, Kenya has had multiple relationships & had kids with several of them. Jet is the son of Kenya & Juan Arranz; her son, Santiago has a diffent surname..he's being cared for by her parents in Puerto Rico, and she's now with her boyfriend in Colorado, and there is a young girl involved, but I have no info..yet.. whether she is the birth mother of this child.

There is also the link showing contributions made to the San Diego Org Fundraising Project... VANGUARD $20,000.. Nigel Hoyt, Kenya Smythe & Jet Arranz.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 pm 

Off Topic but...... Thank f*** for OCMB! Relieved to find Smurf here! Dude, please don't disappear from here too! Thanks for your input on this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 pm 

OK, I'll just assume Jet is in California, city unknown. He might be in Florida but I'll focus first on California. Please, Smurf, let's focus on already-boasted-about Commanding Officer Jet and not any of his young relatives.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:29 pm 

Don Carlo wrote:
OK, I'll just assume Jet is in California, city unknown. He might be in Florida but I'll focus first on California. Please, Smurf, let's focus on already-boasted-about Commanding Officer Jet and not any of his young relatives.
Precisely what I and others are doing. Little progress thus far.. probably because it's a Friday.

Update: Success!! Just got off the telephone with Child Welfare Services. A file has been opened.

Last edited by Smurf on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm 

Ex-Sea Org workers, please review this list of private schools* with more than six children in them, in California. When you click on 2010-2011, it creates an Excel file, which when you open, shows names, addresses, contact person, and so forth. I did a search (control-F) on the spreadsheet, and found nothing under "Scientology" but a search for "Hubbard" found:

Canyon Oaks School...address 1414 North Catalina Street, Los Angeles, CA 90027.
mailing address 1308 L. Ron Hubbard Way, Los Angeles CA 90027,
phone 323-953-3340,
e-mail jfkreiss@hotmail.com,
school district Los Angeles Unified,
headmaster Mr. Jesse Reiss,
type: Coeducational,
School Accomodation - Both (presumably Day and Boarding)
lowest grade 6, highest grade 12
number of students 40,
Offers Diploma Yes,
number of graduates 20,
number of FT teachers 3,
Number of PT teachers 2,
Number of Admin Staff 2,
Number of Other Staff 2,
Tax exempt 501 Yes,
Tax exempt Yes,
Religious Classification: Religious Other,
Director Jesse Reiss,
Custodian Jesse Reiss

Is Canyon Oaks Ranch the Cadet Org school? Or is this a private school for kids of public Scientologists? Or both? The school came up in the Daniel Montalvo case:
Quote:
Defendants in the complaint against the church include Canyon Oaks School Headmaster Jesse Reiss, Canyon Oaks teacher Shannon Barnes, Sea Org "agent" Kendrick Moxon, and his own parents Luis Montalvo and Veronica Biggs, both of Los Angeles. **

* http://www.cde.ca.gov/ds/si/ps/
** http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/03/08/34721.htm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:18 am 

Thanks, Smurf, for calling Child Welfare Services. See my above post for the complaint by Daniel Montalvo against the Canyon Oaks; maybe it will help. If Jet attended Canyon Oaks, I wonder if the school records have been falsified about attendance. It would be interesting to compare Daniel Montalvo's claims of long working hours with his "official" attendance record.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 am 

Don Carlo wrote:
Thanks, Smurf, for calling Child Welfare Services. See my above post for the complaint by Daniel Montalvo against the Canyon Oaks; maybe it will help. If Jet attended Canyon Oaks, I wonder if the school records have been falsified about attendance. It would be interesting to compare Daniel Montalvo's claims of long working hours with his "official" attendance record.
Thanks. Definitely will help & will add the links to my response.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:46 am 

The drama over WWP got split off and moved to a new thread, WhyWeProtest distraction Jan 2012 viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49847 so we can focus on Jet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:08 am 
Smurf wrote:
Don Carlo wrote:
Precisely what I and others are doing. Little progress thus far.. probably because it's a Friday.

Update: Success!! Just got off the telephone with Child Welfare Services. A file has been opened.
Good going!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:22 am 

Adults in charge of Cadets, if you can read this, you, your job, and your legal status are in peril because even if you temporarily fool Child Welfare Services, you are under suspicion. The Debbie Cook mass e-mail alone can rip apart the Church of Scientology, leaving no lawyers and no money to protect you from accusations of child labor exploitation and contributing to the delinquency of a minor by encouraging truancy. Walk out the door - you don't owe CoS a speech, a phone call, a meeting, a sec check, or a signature. Your contracts can't be enforced against you. You have no freeloader bill - that's a bluff. Everyone over 18 who ordered around the cadets, get out and let Miscavige face the legal consequences of child slavery. The children will be better off without any of you. Call Child Protective Services from a phone booth, toll free - a free phone call at (800) 540-4000 and tell them to rescue the children. Don't try to save the kids yourself. Moving the children without permission could get you in worse legal trouble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next