One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: How does COS deal with a lack of returning "reincarnatee
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:36 pm 

Smurf wrote:
Stupid reply. And your policing people's discussions is not welcome. Critics are free to discuss & debate issues based on their individual observations and understanding of the issues, and are not bound by what YOU consider to be accurate or not.

This is not Operation BParker.

"Policing people's discussions"??? :lol:
And you need to take your own advice.
I agree that replying to a stupid question was stupid on my part.
Does anyone else feel "bound" by what I consider to be accurate or not? :roll:
That's what debate is for. If I am full of shit, then I do welcome anyone to set me straight, that's one of the benefits of debate. Ad hominem is not good for debate, IMO because any idiot can do it, and it throws people off topic.
This thread started as "How does CO$ deal with a lack of returning 'reincarnatees'" and had derailed from there. I'm done with this thread.

No, I am not a prophet.
No, I don't try to deny anyone the right to freely discuss and debate. How could I possibly? The only things that anyone is "bound" to here are the board rules. I do not make those rules, nor do I enforce them.
My opinions are just that, my opinions, nothing more.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:09 am 

bparker230 wrote:
My opinions are just that, my opinions, nothing more.
And they are respected as such. Carry on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:08 am 

Wieber wrote:
Shortly before the musical album 'Power of Source' came out there was some kind of directive from ole blubber lips his self. In it were the statements, "This planet is ours," and "Move in." His argument was that "we," $cientologists, were the only ones taking responsibility for planet earth, therefore it belonged to "us," the $cientologists.

Then soon after that someone bought a copy of 'Power of Source.' I only ever saw one. It wasn't exactly a big hit within the $cientology community. One of the tracks on that album has some vocals on it. On the first listen, we were all saying, "What's that?" Then we listened again and we decided it was voices. "They're saying something. What are they saying?" We listened several times and finally made it out.

"This planet is ours this planet is ours this planet. This planet is ours this planet is ours this planet. We are moving in we are moving in we are moving in."

The following is a bit of an aside but I think it's interesting. The vocal was repeated quite a bit. In one of the 'art series' Hubbard Communications Office Bulletins (HCOBs) that came out just a bit earlier, ole blubber lips said that repetition in music built up 'ARC' and alteration from repetition was an ARC break and an impingement. If you can find the album, which I think is on line, and can stand listening to it, you'll find it is full of repetition, to the point of tediousness. Another aside about this. We were told Hubbard had someone go out and purchase all the records listed in the top 100 songs on the hit parade at the time. He listened to them and figured out the emotional tone, per the tone scale for the music of the day. It was supposed to be around grief or apathy. 'Power of Source' was supposed to be 1/2 to 1 tone above the popular music of the time and serve to raise the tone of the music being produced. The problem with all of that is the album sucked, and even hard core $cientologists were disappointed with it.

This brings painful memories back, at least for me -- imagine listening Hubbard’s lyrics and the Chick Korea (Corea?) music rolled up in a slimy ball of excruciatingly poor song about the Clearing of Misunderstood Words. That shit had been played in the Big Blue lobby when I was in Sea Org. The song running in endless loop used to drive me up the wall every time I was entering the lobby. Luckily, this torture lasted for about 15 seconds for me. The speakers were located near the stand with Hubbard books and tapes; an ASHO Day staff member was selling that shit. Poor guy had to listen to that song all day long!

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:48 am 

Demented LRH wrote:
That shit had been played in the Big Blue lobby when I was in Sea Org. The song running in endless loop used to drive me up the wall every time I was entering the lobby. Luckily, this torture lasted for about 15 seconds for me. The speakers were located near the stand with Hubbard books and tapes; an ASHO Day staff member was selling that shit. Poor guy had to listen to that song all day long!
Well, you see, if you had stuck around and were in the cult today, you could spend hours in the ASHO lobby today listening to endless loops of Chill E. Bean screeching "Dauntless, Defiant, Resolute"... :lol:

Post subject: Noise pollution
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 am 

Nothing is as bad as the "gold tone" http://angrygaypope.com/gold/gold_tone_scientology_gold_base_protest_noise.mp3

Turn your speakers down before you listen to that.

Meanwhile during the second major Anon protest in 2008 the cult blasted public service announcements about itself on a giant screen and multi-speaker system (in a hospital zone).

Cultists were made to stand arms crossed in a display of defiance. But they were forced to do so right in front of the unbearably loud speakers.

Another footbullet for them exposing their own people to noise pollution meant for protesters.

The sight of over 400 protesters against them was bad enough but the noise made it worse. And they also had to look "dauntless and defiant" the entire time. Deaf and deaf is more like.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:10 pm 

Demented LRH wrote:
This brings painful memories back, at least for me -- imagine listening Hubbard’s lyrics and the Chick Korea (Corea?) music rolled up in a slimy ball of excruciatingly poor song about the Clearing of Misunderstood Words.

omg, I cannot stop laughing at this!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7