Xemnu of the Magic Planet

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
jasonc

Post by jasonc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:31 pm

Good point YewMighke. eyem naught shore, butt aye beleave El Rawn dubbed in Zeenew. Dew jue? (as in Jose` De Jesus)

Check out this critical review of the TRs, by Perry Scott.
Review of TRs, by Perry Scott

umike

Post by umike » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:14 am

Don, Athiest: I'm glad this thread was ressurected. All I can say is that this story is a little gem! And, I really hope
a creative soul out there will find a vehicle that will make old "Xemnu" come alive.

Umike
EXSCIENTOLOGIST MESSAGE BOARD:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/index.php

ClamlessInSeattle

Post by ClamlessInSeattle » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:18 pm

Some of the thoughts here (i.e., fiction being partially-remembered events) form the basis for a great series of books collectively called "The Compleat (sic) Enchanter."

In the stories, a PSYCHOLOGIST and an English Professor "discover" that certain really insane people are insane because they are partially trapped between two dimensions/worlds.

They figure out the process and are able (through a series of very funny and clever misadventures) jump between "worlds" set out in various works of fiction/myth: from Norse mythology, to Xanadu, to Camelot, to whatnot.

It was very clever and a fun way to expand on "worlds" created by other authors.

The books are pretty old -- 60's --- and were best-sellers in the Sci-Fi circles, so I would not be surprised if Co$ integrated some of those ideas into their beliefs (esp. given Flub's tendacy to steal ideas; reminds me of stand-up comics that steal jokes).

~atheist

Post by ~atheist » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:21 pm

Umike I am glad you like it. I wonder if anyone at the church has contact Marvel about this yet?
I wonder if they would try to purchace the rights to Xemnu from them. That could end up being a better story.
For the most part I dont think they would do anything for now. I matters the size of the distribution of the piece and what kind of acceptance the publication had.
As paranoid as they are I would think they would make a show of laughing it off and do what they could to so that it was only a joke piece and had nothing to do with them or their religion.
But we would know better.

jasonc

Post by jasonc » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:26 pm

Tory and any others OT3 and above...

What happens to those Scnos that are trying to do OT3 that admit that they've already read the xenu story? Do they have to spend a lot of money on false data stripping or what?

I wonder if there have been any OT2s over the years that happened to have read the Marvel comic about Xenu/hulk and then read the xenu story on OT3, and then put 2 and 2 together. ?

mikedewolf

Post by mikedewolf » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:39 pm

Jason,

There is a warning on Bernie's apologist site that Scientologists who read OT3 prematurely may have to do some "expensive" repair auditing. What consists of I have no idea.

The Xemnu comic book parallel seems to be a recent discovery, so I have no idea if any Scientologists ever made the connection.

Mike
Mike de Wolf
"A science that depends on Authority alone is a breath in the wind of truth and is therefore no science at all." - L. Ron Hubbard

umike

Post by umike » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:50 pm

Mike, the earliest person to publish this (that I am aware of) was Rod Kellar, around 10 years ago, or so.
Apparently it never sparked much attention by anyone.

Umike
EXSCIENTOLOGIST MESSAGE BOARD:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/index.php

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:21 am

Also, for some Scientologists who read OT3 ON SCHEDULE, CoS must rush to apply "expensive repair auditing" because the OT3 students can see it's a crock.

In order to accept OT 3 not just as a belief, but as an historical fact, the new OT has to squash whatever remains of his objective judgment. What a trauma for anyone's precious sense of logic and reality. One should blame OT 3 as flawed and dangerous, not blame whomever handed the OT 3 story to the Scientologist.

Plus, Hubbard sent out a screenplay, Revolt in the Stars, which has the OT3 story. This shows he wanted to hustle into the sci-fi movie biz, even at the price of messing up his members.

~atheist

Post by ~atheist » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:44 pm

Doc is there a copy of Revolt in the Stars screenplay online that you know of?

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:29 pm

Summary of Revolt in the Stars by Grady Ward.

QUOTES:
Chi is described as looking like "J Edgar Hoover."
Although the Home Planet controlled by Xenu have Home Planet Bombers, Rawl is expert with his "outer space atomic Interceptor, made to combat enemy battleships." END QUOTE.

Don Carlo comment: J. Edgar Hoover died 31 years ago. Hubbard's writing is downright stale, not only because they are cluttered with Hoover and battleships. Other science fiction writers have classics that overcome the passage of time. But Hubbard's heroes and villains are simplistic and two-dimensional, and his plots are full of holes.

CoS acknowledges and even seems to offer the screenplay Revolt in the Stars here, for production into a film.

~atheist

Post by ~atheist » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:45 pm

About a third of the way through that summary. Wow that is a bad story. I love the part about the loyalty troops rounding up the black and the woman holding the cross. So does that mean every planet has blacks that are an undesirable minority?. I wonder what the NAACP would say to that?
I am having problems getting to the Scientology.org web site. Is that host at Gold Base?

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:54 pm

You can't get to www.scientology.org from here, because CoS blocks arrivals from major critic sites. You can go to a neutral site like www.yahoo.com and type www.scientology.org on the address line (and hit enter).

~atheist

Xemnu of the Magic Planet

Post by ~atheist » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:02 pm

I know I had done that and had no luck a few hours ago. It seems to be working now.

mikedewolf

Post by mikedewolf » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:01 pm

Don Carlo:

The Church did a major revision of their websites about a year ago, and the blocking from critic sites is gone. I've had no trouble with links to church sites from this board for some time.

Mike
Mike de Wolf
"A science that depends on Authority alone is a breath in the wind of truth and is therefore no science at all." - L. Ron Hubbard

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:52 pm

Thanks for the update, Mike.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”