Paul Staffer resigns from Scientology

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Radio Paul

Re: Paul Staffer resigns from Scientology

Post by Radio Paul » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm

[/quote]

All conjecture.

The fact is no one here knows why Paul asked Marty to pull down his declaration.[/quote]

Nope that is not right. It is more like a very educated guess based on what information that is out there and a well documented history. To go from a total condemnation of the abuses and proudly stating it to a total withdraw implies that pressure was put on him by the cult.

samclaire

Post by samclaire » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:36 am

Hi, I am just curious...

I had a child attend a Scientology school in Los Angeles County and the "principal's" last name was Staffer. I was just wondering if she is the former wife of Paul Staffer? The one who disconnected with her three children? When I click on the Facebook link below that comment, it does take me to the same woman who is the principal of the school my child attended. My child no longer attends, but we had a very traumatic experience and wanted to reach out to anyone who might be able to help us make sense of what happened.

samclaire

Post by samclaire » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:16 am

My child attended a school in Los Angeles where I think Paul's estranged or ex-wife is principal at. My child had a traumatic experience with her and would like to speak with someone who can help us make sense of what happened.Who might we speak to? We never were Scientologists and we were never told when we put our child in that it was a Scientologist school. Please let me know who we might be able to talk to.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:32 am

Hi, Samclaire. Sorry to hear your child had a traumatic experience. It sounds like a weird situation with Paul Staffer. Sometimes people leave the church, only to return because of some kind of pressure, such as fear of losing contact with family members.

Maybe someone who has knowledge of the situation will see this thread. I hope you and your child are doing well.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:15 am

There is a policy in Scientology called Keeping Scientology Working. It is the core instruction to everyone involved in Scientology. It is the first item on every course that Scientology delivers. Everyone involved in Scientology must adhere to and follow that policy.

This is an excerpt from it that may, to some extent, explain what happened in that Scientololgy school.
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:When somebody enrolls, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe—never permit an “open-minded” approach. If they’re going to quit let them quit fast. If they enrolled, they’re aboard, and if they’re aboard, they’re here on the same terms as the rest of us—win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half-minded about being Scientologists. The finest organizations in history have been tough, dedicated organizations. Not one namby-pamby bunch of pantywaist dilettantes have ever made anything. It’s a tough universe. The social veneer makes it seem mild. But only the tigers survive—and even they have a hard time. We’ll survive because we are tough and are dedicated. When we do instruct somebody properly he becomes more and more tiger. When we instruct half-mindedly and are afraid to offend, scared to enforce, we don’t make students into good Scientologists and that lets everybody down. When Mrs. Pattycake comes to us to be taught, turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare and she’ll win and we’ll all win. Humor her and we all die a little. The proper instruction attitude is, “You’re here so you’re a Scientologist. Now we’re going to make you into an expert auditor no matter what happens. We’d rather have you dead than incapable.”
If you really want to get into a meaningful discussion about what happened, start a thread on it and describe what happened. If you would rather not do that, it's OK. Having been involved in that organization for 33 years, left it, read books on what happened, had therapy, and done deprogramming, I can well imagine.

Take a look at the good things. You are still connected to your child. They are no longer in that situation. Your family is intact. You are not giving any more of your money to that organization. Celebrate those things.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”