One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: So What's With the 16 Volume L. Ron Hubbard Series?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 am 

I asked this question on another thread. I'll repeat it here.

How are Marty and Mike going to get their copies? I'm sure they'll want them.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject: Unbelievably lush animation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:44 am 

If you have not seen the video outlining the book series check it out here: http://www.lronhubbard.org/books/ron-series/biographical-encyclopedia.html

As a feature film animator I cringed at the attention to detail of the animation in this video. It must have taken forever. I would hate to have had to work on something like that for such a long time and not get paid.

Just "page turning" animations for books alone are a huge pain and there are gobs of them in this video.

Standard Scientology formula: make something as slick as possible because it's all "sizzle" no "steak".

Post subject: Re: Unbelievably lush animation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 am 

AngryGayPope wrote:
If you have not seen the video outlining the book series check it out here: http://www.lronhubbard.org/books/ron-series/biographical-encyclopedia.html

As a feature film animator I cringed at the attention to detail of the animation in this video. It must have taken forever. I would hate to have had to work on something like that for such a long time and not get paid.

Just "page turning" animations for books alone are a huge pain and there are gobs of them in this video.

Standard Scientology formula: make something as slick as possible because it's all "sizzle" no "steak".

It is a very well made video. I wonder how many hours of slave labor and how much tax-exempt donation money it took to make it.
They know how to make it slick. It's like a very nicely wrapped gift package, but too bad there's nothing but shit inside.

Post subject: Re: Unbelievably lush animation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:23 am 

AngryGayPope wrote:

They put stirring and rousing music to it as well. That last sting - "da da da!" is a cue to stand up and applaud.

I'm sure that footage was part of the "birthday event" DVD and that when it concluded everyone in the audience watching the video was on their feet giving a standing ovation for the "old man."

I'll probably be getting a promotional piece on that stuff this week, next week at the latest. If there's anything in there interesting I'll let you know about it.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:30 am 

Wieber wrote:

That's a great question, Wieber, and shows how it was actually a pretty clever move on DM's part.

So, who loves Ron more--the Indies, or the corperate church, who put out this valentine to Ron?

It's not possible for the Indies to top this, because the church has access to all the photos etc.

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:08 pm 

I'mglib wrote:
Wieber wrote:

That's a great question, Wieber, and shows how it was actually a pretty clever move on DM's part.

So, who loves Ron more--the Indies, or the corperate church, who put out this valentine to Ron?

It's not possible for the Indies to top this, because the church has access to all the photos etc.

I believe Karen de la Carriere has a sizable collection of photos of the old shithead. I don't know what the legal situation is about reproducing them. But in any case the indies can't force thousands of people to pay silly money for worthless tat. And they don't have their own publishing facility. So publishing them wouldn't make them any valuable final product ($$$).

edit (material below added)

Oh yes I remember where I heard about Karen's collection. On Marty Rathbun's blog.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... n-hubbard/
Marty Rathbun wrote:
[Karen has] ... worked tirelessly at her own expense over decades to amass perhaps the largest collection of LRH images in the world. Images that show LRH in all his humanity, images that the church would never allow to see the light of day.
"LRH in all his humanity". It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

another edit (material below added)

Karen#1 wrote:
Anne Greig (OT 8 RIP) LRH personal Librarian WW and Irene Thrupp (not a Scientologist ~~ LRH Personal Secretary for 40 years at WW~~ St Hill Manor) just about adopted me in my early years at St Hill when I lived with Anne Greig at 6, St. Hill Green for 2 years.

Both of them started my LRH photo collection by giving me copies of their treasures ~~ especially LRH in the 1950s ~~ a lot of family ones with the 4 kids that they personally took with their own cameras. This started my journey into the collection…locating old timers and getting the images.

Marty will have all of them in due course …..