Bob Z and Melanie - Medical Treatment Fundraiser????

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
The Doxtor

Bob Z and Melanie - Medical Treatment Fundraiser????

Post by The Doxtor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

This posting is not to mock the individuals but shed light on the silly nature of their beliefs in the face of this serious medical issue they are facing. If you choose to visit the link (proxy up).
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_det ... fundraiser
photo at http://www.youcaring.com/admin/uploads/ ... %20(1).jpg
Bob Z and Melanie - Medical Treatment Fundraiser
Organizer : Melanie Murray
This Fundraiser ends on : May 9,2012
Beneficiary : Bob Zaichkowsky

HomeUpdates (3) Supporters (57) Comments (3)
Help Melanie Murray & Bob Z afford medical treatements & physical therapy to repair the damage caused by Bob's stroke.
I am organizing this medical fundraiser for my husband Bob, who deserves this help more than anyone I know. In the middle of his non-stop, active life, Bob suffered a stroke, leaving his left side completely paralyzed and his speech center affected. We were told by doctors that Bob would likely never walk again but he refused that reality and with intense physical therapy he was up out of bed and learning how to walk again within three months. He also rehabbed his ability to speak, write and read and continues pushing himself towards making as full a recovery as possible - graduating from bed to wheelchair to walker to cane to walking unassisted. Bob has regained his ability to talk and have limited conversations. He can again take care of his personal needs and grooming despite impaired use of his left arm. He has overcome incredible odds and refuses to stop reaching for his goal of again leading a productive life of helping others. A very accomplished athlete, this hockey player, marathon runner, bicyclist and star baseball pitcher attended college on an athletic scholarship. He graduated with a Masters degree in education and went on to teach at a public Jr High school for ten years (awarded "Teacher of the Year" 3 times) and then taught at an Applied Scholastics school for three years. All the while, he was continuing his own professional training towards becoming a ministerial counselor so that he could further assist people in improving their lives. Bob became an incredibly well loved and accomplished counselor and case supervisor, helping people of all ages, in a staff capacity for over 30 years. He received many awards and countless commendations during these years. His tireless work helped others achieve greater happiness and success in life and Bob had worked a long day counseling others the night of his stroke. The devastating effects of this stroke forced Bob into an early retirement from his staff position but always 100% motivated, he has been utilizing his time to devoting himself towards recovery. All this loving, giving, caring man wants in life is to be able to continue helping others and we have found a proven medical method that will enable us to achieve this. The treatments consist of the use of stem cells and a special oxygen therapy resulting in growth of new blood vessels in the still-living but dormant brain cells surrounding the stroke-affected area. With four treatments, Bob can make a 90% recovery and have a rich, full, productive life. Your help and well-wishes are very appreciated. Any donation of any amount will contribute towards our reaching this goal. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. All our love, Melanie and Bob.
(Embedded photo of Bob removed by mod due to oversized photo that made the thread unreadable. The link to the photo remains above.)

The Doxtor

Re: Bob Z and Melanie - Medical Treatment Fundraiser????

Post by The Doxtor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm

These people will sell you auditing for your cures but when reality sets in, they know they need real medical treatment for themselves. After a lifetime of commitment to a church that claims it has 10 million members is is growing Bob has only 57 supporters? Truly sad!

The Doxtor

Post by The Doxtor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 pm

I wonder if Declared SP Loy Zaichkowsky is related to them?
http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/list-of-sp.htm

whitesand

Post by whitesand » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 pm

I take care of my mother who has had a major stroke affecting the left side, so I am familiar with the condition Melanie is discussing. The 90% cure rate she is claiming is possible from the 4 treatments, I have never heard of anything like it. I regularly interact with a cardiologist, orthopedic surgeon, therapists, and no one has suggested any miracle cures, just physical therapy. My own research has me interested in hyberaric chamber therapy, but it is not considered mainstream, nor would anyone claim a 90% cure rate with 4 sessions, I am sure.

I can't help but wonder if the provider of these treatments is a scn, they seem to specialize in alternative types of therapies. I do wish them the best, but it sounds like exaggerated claims to me.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Rbinann said in a 1998 post
I got pregnant by Bob Zaichkowsky, my ex-husband who remains faithful to the Sea Org.. We were married. We separated 1 1/2 years later. During the separation he SEVERELY BEAT our 1-1/2 year old son. My son was taken away by the child protection agency at the day care where Bob Z. had dropped him off. I was then informed that the Day Care knew it was Bob Z. that had done the beating
http://holysmoke.org/cos/robinann.htm

LucasZ

Post by LucasZ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 am

I know this is an old post. Just found it on a search. I'm Bob's son. Turning 35 tomorrow. I haven't spoken with Bob in about 8 years. After a few tries to get to know him, I gave up. He's a lost cause. My mother is doing much better now. It took decades for her to really recover and let go of the past. Her sister is still stuck in CoS though. It's all very sad, but we can only do so much for our loved ones. If anyone reading this needs to talk, let me know. lucasz (at) hotmail.com

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:22 am

Welcome, Lucas,
Best wishes with recovering. Maybe if CoS crashes from lawsuits and bad publicity, your sister will get out. Please check out Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker, which is abuzz tonight with the London premiere of My Scientology Movie, and has well-written and well-researched CoS news stories daily. http://www.tonyortega.org . Several ex-members there have said reading and participating there has helped their recovery.

If you are ready and willing to share some of your stories, you can create a new thread at Your Story from Inside Scientology and make as many posts as you wish, at viewforum.php?f=3

Or you could just post on this thread.

LucasZ

Post by LucasZ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:35 am

Don Carlo wrote:Welcome, Bob,
Not sure how my message got misinterpreted. Bob is my biological father. He's not on these message boards.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:46 am

Oops, I meant welcome, Lucas. I will change my post above.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Welcome to the board, LucasZ. I know you aren't in touch, but has your father improved from the stroke? Are both he and your mother out of Scientology? If so, I wonder if getting ill was what pushed them out. I also wonder if any Scientologists donated to his treatment.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”