One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: FAA issues legal warning to Grant Cardone
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:55 am 

FAA issues warning to passenger who filmed bird strike

A Delta Air Lines passenger who admitted using an electronic device last month to videotape a bird strike minutes after takeoff has been warned by the Federal Aviation Administration to follow the rules or face a penalty the next time. The plane bound for Los Angeles made an emergency landing at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York on April 19 after encountering an engine problem the pilot said was caused by a bird strike, an incident caught on camera by Grant Cardone.

The FAA investigated and sent Cardone a letter after the story received widespread media attention. The video shows a flock of birds hitting the right engine, causing it to shut down.

"We have given consideration to all of the facts. In lieu of legal enforcement action (a civil penalty), we are issuing this letter which will be made a matter of record for a period of two years, after which, the record will be expunged," James Giles, FAA supervisory principal operations inspector, wrote in a letter to Cardone.

The FAA requires that portable electronic devices be turned off during critical phases of flight. Officials say the rule is meant to prevent interference with the aircraft's navigation and communication systems.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/02/travel/fa ... index.html

"Let me just say, I don't think I'm above the law or anybody should be," Cardone told CNN's Soledad O'Brien on Wednesday.

Cardone says he's flown thousands of flights and millions of miles.

"To think that a device, a telephone or this iPad can take down a plane is ridiculous, because figure 90% of all people in America now have an iPhone on them," Cardone said. "Nineteen percent of all people have a tablet of some sort. If only 10% of passengers on that plane had their device in the on position, thousands of planes would fall out of the sky every day."

Post subject: Re: FAA issues legal warning to Grant Cardone
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:55 pm 

Cardone is a self-serving idiot. The reason for the electronic device prohibition is to prevent interference with the aircraft's navigation equipment. The longer he talks the more ignorant he looks.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm 

Your right elwood. Where the heck did Grant get his figures from? I mean ok, MAYBE 90% of Americans have cellphones (doubtful, seems pretty high to me), I I can guarantee NOT 90% of Americans have iPhones. Does he just pull these figures out of his ass or what? Maybe I'm taking him to literal. What a jerk!! Remind me to never get on a plane with this guy...he would probably push me out of the way to get to my oxygen in an emergency.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:04 pm 

The man claims that he is not above the law. And then goes on to explain why he thinks he was above that law. Narcissistic douchebag.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:06 am 

a Couple months ago ..Grant Took to twitter and announced Alec Baldwin was getting kicked off an AA flight...Grant was taking

calls from the press while he was on the plane ...and putting a shine on a story ...for his own publicity...

Alec Baldwin was asked to turn off his Ipad... he was playing a game...and was told it was against the rules.. no electronics...
he threw a hissy fit...and they kicked him off the flight...

Grant Cardone.. was also using an electronics device... and having a good old time because a wog supressive getting booted from the plane....Media Whore..he Is.
Grant was gloating for days....

Grant was also breaking the rules...silly wog rules are for guys like Alec Baldwin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:53 pm 

The Drudge Report has picked up this story, and linking to this:

http://nation.foxnews.com/airline-indus ... ird-strike

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:37 am 

Hee hee, Fox News calls Grant Cardone "a passenger" and "a business consultant" instead of the VERY IMPORTANT PERSON that Grant thinks he is.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm 

Bad numbers, bad logic...typical clam