Demented LRH wrote:
Voting for a Tea Party member is an extremely bad choice even if he/she is not a Scientologist; only a complete idiot would vote for Brent Jones.
Having said that, I am still surprised that a Scientologist would join Tea Party. Last time I checked, Tea Party folk are all Christians.
That's not true, DLRH. One of the core values of the Tea Party is adherence to "traditional family values" which has a different meaning to different groups. There are Jewish & Muslim members of the Tea Party movement.
Because conservative Christians believe the Bible is the book "family values," most belong to the Republican Party, many of whom are a part of the Tea Party movement. But, the Tea Party is not a conservative Christian movement.
15 Non-negotiable Core Beliefs..
1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged.http://www.teaparty.org/about.php