Anonorange attempts to get into Gold Base on Election Day

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Anonorange attempts to get into Gold Base on Election Day

Post by AngryGayPope » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Protester AnonOrange got himself trained as a poll observer and went to Gold Base today, which has been a polling place. Because he is a government representative they would have been legally unable to stop him from going inside to check on the polling. He had journalists and legal advisers at the ready.

But alas Gold Base has become a "vote by mail" location. He could not get inside.

Wieber

Re: Anonorange attempts to get into Gold Base on Election Da

Post by Wieber » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:Protester AnonOrange got himself trained as a poll observer and went to Gold Base today, which has been a polling place. Because he is a government representative they would have been legally unable to stop him from going inside to check on the polling. He had journalists and legal advisers at the ready.

But alas Gold Base has become a "vote by mail" location. He could not get inside.
$cientology mole in the government's election department/office/institution?
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:46 pm

^^ Nah, this is usual Scientology-style paranoia, which resembles xenophobia. They want to protect Sea Org members from any outsider contact.

Xenophobia = Xenu phobia.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

mnql1

Post by mnql1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:23 pm

June 5, 2012 is the date of the presidential primary election in California and, in local politics, Supervisor Jeff Stone is running for re-election in the Third District of Riverside County.

Protester AnonOrange became a certified poll observer in the hope this would enable him to inspect the polling at Gold Base, however the polling station at Golden Era Productions has become a vote-by-mail location and no poll observers can now enter the compound.

AnonOrange spoke about this at the June 5, 2012 meeting of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors. On YouTube:
Scientology: June 5, 2012 Golden Era Productions now a vote-by-mail location

AngryGayPope

Yes it is their paranoia but there's more

Post by AngryGayPope » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 am

Demented LRH wrote:^^ Nah, this is usual Scientology-style paranoia, which resembles xenophobia. They want to protect Sea Org members from any outsider contact.
Yes but there is more. By doing the voting by mail they can fill out the forms as they see fit and then just have their workers sign the ballot. Much easier than telling them how to vote and hovering over them in the booth.

According to voting records Gold Base has a mix of Repubs and Dems. Well, you can bet that everybody will be voting for fellow Scientologist Jeff Stone regardless of party affiliation now!

Interestingly, although David Miscavige is registered to vote there (it's his residence) he often doesn't vote, even in presidential elections, according to AO who has researched this a lot.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks for trying, AnonOrange. Theory: if everybody at Gold Base votes by mail, then they shouldn't need to exist as a polling location. EXCEPT that if the polling location for that neighborhood is, say, the nearest elementary school, then Gold Base workers could demand to go there and vote in person. At present, the Gold Base execs can force everyone to vote under their own control. Is it possible since Gold Base is now useless, that they lose their status as a polling location?

If anyone is watched as they fill out the vote-by-mail ballot, that is voter intimidation,a felony in Calif. with 16 months imprisonment as a penalty. It's a misdemeanor to tell the person, in the polling location, that day, how to vote. http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displ ... 8540-18548. That would include having a list on the wall or handing them a list like "Vote no on this proposition, vote yes for this person."

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Sea Org members are not allowed to watch TV and read newspapers, that I know for sure( I never took this ban seriously when I was in Sea Org; some did, the others did not). The implications is that without the media data one would not know whom vote for. CoS is a state within state, why would Sea Org members be interested in voting, anyway?

If a candidate is a Scientologist, perhaps, Sea Org members will be given an order to vote for him/her. But this is such rare occasion that majority of the Sea Org members will never encounter it.

PS. Is Jeff Stone a California politician?
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:22 pm

IF it is a mail in location their own prisoners dont have to be cleaned up and trotted out to perform their civic right in our democracy.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”