Withhold: To hold back from action.
Other definitions of “withhold” also show that this word is a verb.http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/withhold
1. A Withhold is an unspoken, unannounced transgression against a moral code by which the person was bound.
2. The unwillingness of the pc to talk to the auditor or tell him something.
3. A Withhold is something that a person believes that if it is revealed it will endanger their self-preservation.
4. When a person should be reaching and is withdrawing that's a Withhold.
9. Is always the manifestation which comes after an overt. Any Withhold comes after an overt. http://www.xenu-directory.net/glossary/ ... uvwxyz.htm
There is a contradiction between definition 1 and definition 2 of the Scientology dictionary: A PC may be withholding financial information from the auditor, for instance, which is not a transgression against a moral code. A PC may not be willing to talk about childhood sexual abuse, which is not her fault.
Regarding the definition 3 -- if a person is withholding information about a crime committed by someone other than him, then this is not a withhold because it does not endanger his self-preservation.
From logical standpoint, Scientology definitions suggest that anything could be viewed as unannounced transgression against a moral code. In other words, a Scientologist could be punished for a deed committed by someone else, which is a regular occurrence in Sea Org. An example of such punishment is the rice-and-beans diet that an upstat staff member can receive if her Org is insolvent. All Orgs, except for Clearwater Flag, are insolvent, so periodically all Sea Org members go on the rice-and-beans diet. It is not evil DM who subjects them to this diet, but the silly Tech designed by Hubbard the Idiot who could not make logically correct statements.
The OSA dimwits who are reading this post could be punished for reading it, although their job description says that they should be visiting this website. But they are not supposed to read the whole post, just a portion of it because my logic analysis of Scientology definitions could make them lose their faith in the doctrine.