Human Trafficking...Come Will and Jada what about your cult?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.

I'mglib

Re: Human Trafficking...Come Will and Jada what about your c

Postby I'mglib » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Maybe Jada would like my video about Human Trafficking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A4l-GIt ... ature=plcp
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

brownjedi

Postby brownjedi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Jada would learn a lot about human trafficking...if she would watch it

Wieber

Postby Wieber » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Great video!

(edit)

The video focuses on working conditions in the sea org.

Though not to the same extreme or intensity, all of the conditions described happen in the lower orgs as well.

I will stick my neck out and say that everybody in $cientology who is a staff member has experienced or witnessed all the things described in that video. The exceptions would be experiencing or witnessing David Miscavige beating someone or ordering someone to be beaten and the rehabilitation project force (RPF). Sleep deprivation, long hours, low pay, physical and emotional abuse and keeping people working on staff against their will through various coercion methods happen in all $cientology orgs at all levels.

Any staff member who says they haven't experienced or seen those things is lying. That's all there is to it.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Judith Anderson

Postby Judith Anderson » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 am

I hear that there is a movement in progress to call human trafficking what it really is - modern slavery.

Demented LRH

Postby Demented LRH » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:08 am

Excellent video!

When I was in RPF, we used to go to bed at 10:00 PM and get up at 6:00 AM. We were bused to Big Blue where we would have breakfast at 6: 30 AM. After that we were working all day long until 9:30 PM

When I was in Sea Org, I was supposed to start work at 8: 00 AM and work until at least 11:30 PM. My colleagues were following this grueling schedule, but I was not.

Then again, I was the only person in my group who could talk back to his seniors. I am sure they figured out if they put too much pressure on me I would blow. Considering the shortage of personnel, they preferred me working until 10:00 PM to not working at all.

I was periodically calling collect my mother on the phone, so our communications were not under surveillance. In fact, I knew nothing about CoS policy of opening its members’ letters. If I knew about this policy, I would have been infuriated to the point where I would have left the cult behind.

I have not witnessed physical abuse in CoS. I’m not saying that it there is no physical abuse in the cult, but this is something that I have not personally observed.

There is plenty of screaming and yelling in Sea Org. This, probably, could be called verbal abuse.

None of my relatives was/is a Scientologist; because of that I do not know how the disconnect policy works.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

I'mglib

Postby I'mglib » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:15 am

Very interesting, DLRH.

Glad you got out.

How long were you in the RPF?

Also, I am reading the last chapters of Janet Reitman's book (Inside Scientology) and she says that not everyone witnessed the worst abuse. She said the it was largely confined to the upper management confined at Int base. However, there are lots of people who have witnessed slapping, and that type of thing, that happened at lower levels.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

mr_bad

Postby mr_bad » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:35 am

I'mglib wrote:Maybe Jada would like my video about Human Trafficking:

This is an awesome video you've made, glibby.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Born2Shop

Postby Born2Shop » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 am

I'mglib wrote:Maybe Jada would like my video about Human Trafficking:

Great video Glibby! Thanks so much for making it.

Sadly it tells the story of life on staff for many.

I remember six or so years ago posting about Miscavige beating others on alt.religion.scientology and no press would cover it out of fear of scientology litigation combined with their then not being able to get anyone to go on the record supporting what I said. Jonny Jacobson wrote about it but could not get anyone to pick it up.

Then a couple years later the first and then only radio to pick it up was "The Edge" by Tom Smith when he interviewed me for an hour about such abuses, religious cloaking and corporate fraud to hide those in power carrying out the abuses.

That is one reason why I supported Tom and his show so much since then as he did many such shows telling horror stories of life behind the veil which organized scientology used to hide its abuses.

After that came the day that Anonymous put thousands on the protest lines in Feb 2008. That day the official statement from scientology was that I was "a liar looking for my ten minutes of fame" and that there were no abuses and that Anonymous was a hate group.

Now the floodgates to truth have opened and that is a good thing. All those people in your video and more came out to tell the truth which was wonderful to behold.

The story needs to be told over and over until it really sinks in and something effective is done about it (even if it just means organized scientology dying the death of cash starvation as, knowing the truth, noone wants to do it anymore).

And your video is part of getting that story out.

The closer you got to the top (Miscavige and before him Hubbard) the worse it got. Such insanity filtered down from the top.

IMO it shows what a scientoilogy world would be like if Hubbard and/or Miscavige was at the top and/or if Hubbard policies were followed.

I remember seeing the remants of the Berlin wall on a trip there with Ursula Caberta. It had quite an emotional impact on me as I told Ursula what Hubbard said about "isolating" those below 2.0 away from the rest of the society. Then Hubbard says that these people if not gotten back "up the tonescale" per scientology policy should be disposed of quietly without sorrow. My God!!!!!

In that same tape Hubbard says that orgs will become political centers and all policies of the world would be cancelled and replaced with scientology policies once scientology gets big enough (goodbye US Constitution for example and hello RPF, conditions, disconnection and such abuses on a worldwide and unchecked scale).

What a hell would be a world run by Hubbard or his policies. And your video gives a glimpse of that dark world.

I believe that the vast majority of staff were good people who wanted to help society. But the closer one got to the top and a more true application of LRH policy, the crazier the insanity and the more that the abuses caught on.

Sad indeed. And a great betrayal of all that sought out answers and a better world. :(

Thank you again Glibby for helping get this story out!
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
-Dalai Lama

Demented LRH

Postby Demented LRH » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:05 pm

I'mglib wrote:Very interesting, DLRH.

Glad you got out.

How long were you in the RPF?.
Sorry, I made a mistake. I should have written “EPF” instead of “RPF” I have never been to “RPF”.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Postby Demented LRH » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Yesterday I recalled that I have witnessed a POSSIBLE physical abuse. I was out of Sea Org at that time. I was walking down N. Berendo Street when I saw a woman standing on her knees in front of a male Sea Org member. They were inside Big Blue; the CoS department where this was happening was not a part of Sea Org (it was a separate department whose members were CoS staff, not Sea Org staff). I stopped and looked straight into his eyes and then made a threatening gesture sometimes called “cut throat”. He was clearly intimidated because he told the woman to get up. Later that day I met him at the street and promised to beat him up severely. He run into the building.

At that time I was a Scientologist, I thought it was a separate incident that has nothing to do with the Church policy of treating disobedient female members.

If a person standing on the knees were a man, I would have done nothing because I believe that a man should be able to defend himself.
L. Ron Hubbard

Wieber

Postby Wieber » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Born2Shop wrote:But the closer one got to the top and a more true application of LRH policy, the crazier the insanity and the more that the abuses caught on.

From what I've seen in $cientology those who embrace the insanity more than others tend to move closer to the top.

It didn't come up in the video but the 'freeloader debt' as delineated in $cientology policy is debt bondage.

The response to this conclusion from those in $cientology is "Look at all the wonderful large beautiful buildings we're making." Then if you can get them back on the topic they say that the freeloader debt is part of their religious tradition and that it isn't binding or some such muck.

That story told to justify the freeloader debt policy varies a bit because it isn't part of the policy. The first step in joining staff in the lower orgs is to sign an 'agreement to join staff.' This is necessary because, unless it's been changed, a person cannot sign a staff contract until they have completed the 'staff status one' course. As soon as a person signs that agreement to join staff they are routed onto courses including 'staff status one.' If they haven't done any study courses they start with one of those and then they do 'staff status one.' When they route onto those courses they sign a promissory note that they will pay for the courses if they leave staff before their contract ends.

As soon as a person signs one of those promissory notes they have been subjected to debt bondage. This is the case whether or not the promissory note is legally binding and legally enforceable or not. Although the promissory notes signed by staff members for courses are not legally binding or enforceable staff members are made to believe that they are legally binding and enforceable. In addition to that there is the verbal datum that is used in $cientology that goes, "$cientology has never lost a court case."

Those promissory notes add up fast. Within a very brief time period a person who has joined staff in $cientology in a lower org can rack up thousands of dollars in debt for services if they break their contract and leave. In the sea org that debt can soon run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. That is debt bondage.

Debt bondage is part of $cientology's policy as written by L. Ron Hubbard. $cientology engages in the practice of debt bondage continuously.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Postby Wieber » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Judith Anderson wrote:I hear that there is a movement in progress to call human trafficking what it really is - modern slavery.

I discussed this earlier. I think it is good to use the term "slavery" and variants on it with regard to $cientology. It has an emotional factor that goes with it.

'Human trafficking' is the legal term for the practice of slavery. For that reason I think that the term 'human trafficking' needs to be stated every time this subject comes up or is discussed.

Human trafficking is a crime. I argue that $cientology engages in human trafficking. You can fill in the concluding statement to the syllogism.
Doris Lessing

brownjedi

Postby brownjedi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Human trafficking is a crime as written in the legal statutes, slavery is a crime against humanity.

sconetale

Postby sconetale » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 pm

It might be good for Hillary to realize how she provides Scientology with a platform for political influence.
Both Bill and Hillary Clinton have evidently been targeted by this.

It may for example well be that Will and Jada, despite not "officially" Scietologists, have become part of a strategy such as the one Mike Rinder describes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFcrF3mLwyU&t=40m35s
(this has English subtitles... press "cc" if they don't come up by themselves)

Return to “Opinions & Debate”