Madrid

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:01 pm

The newsletter was send out by Kaarina Tams who, as far as I know, is the ED of the Copenhagen org. It also contained invitations to various Ideal org meetings at the new building in Copenhagen.

And yes you are right. I don't think it is true either that a mayor would wander around pushing buttons for 6 hours. The story sounds so far out.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:35 am

As I've said before, don't believe anything a staff member tells you. They call it PR, I call it lying.

Unless you can verify with your own eyes what they say, it is most likely false.

I remember hearing all these great reports of many orgs and missions over the years and then when I happen to be in their city, I'd drop by, they were always the same, very few people there with staff members who didn't have good people skills and seemed lost when someone came in and they were usually dirty with lots of clutter around.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:21 am

I see it as PR too, but I think it is important to make known the stories they tell their public.

Sarah

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:50 pm

I think reporting it is important too Sarah and thanks.

One has only to look at CoS's official websites to see the gross exaggerations they must forward in order to give the impression their cult is viable. I thought I read a news report which claimed 1000 showed up at the opening of the Madrid org, that the cult was passing out flyers to announce Tom Cruise would be attending... can't find it now.

I can't wait to see him at the mike, with Oprah, at the concert after the Nobel Peace Prize celebrations. It would be far more interesting if, as he's surrounded by such respectable and dedicated people on tha plant, he were to able to turn around and actually listen to what's being said about him.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:59 am

Sarah, thanks for the information.

If it weren't for the celebrities at the events and the threats to scientologist and staff to be there, no one would attend, I'm sure.

don_carlo

Madrid org empty soon after big Cruise opening

Post by don_carlo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:53 pm

I talk to my spies all over the world and they are tellng me that after
all the big openings of the NY Org, the Buffalo Org and the Madrid Org,
they are still completely empty. The only students they have are TTC
(Tech Training Corps) staff members.

Despite the fact that Tom Cruise tried really hard to pull in the
masses, it didn't work, and that only goes to show you that people
want Standard Tech, they don't want false PR.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:25 am

Dc, Yeah!!!!

I'm glad to hear they are empty.

The few remaining staff members on the planet are really deluded to not see that noboby wants them.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:35 am

DC, I see that you posted a similar post elsewhere that properly attributed the source of this message.
For a moment I thought you were advocating the use of Standard Tech.

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:41 am

Oops, I forgot to state that this is a quote from Lagniappe, and that I disagree with him that "people want standard tech." I think they want honest, effective, reasonably priced treatments, so I recommend they see a good hypnotist for fixing bad habits and minor problems. I recommend Toastmasters for confidence-building and presentation skills. I recommend certified social workers, REAL ministers with a bachelor's degree and divinity school training, and psychologists for therapy. And I recommend doctors for medical problems.

peter

Post by peter » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:44 pm

The moral is that; a "glamorous PR show" doesn't make people want Scientology!
A simple explanation with few explanation grounds is to prefer, except when you need to hide your flaws! - Peter Soderqvist

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:21 pm

Peter, so true. When will the scientology management figure this out?

They are so deluded.

fulciano

Madrid

Post by fulciano » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:16 am

Unfortunately, the Calle del Prado headquarters in Madrid does not look quite empty. They have some sort of conference venue that can be seen from the outside (Calle Santa Catalina). A couple of weeks ago it was stuffed with people clapping hands. There are always at least a couple of guys outside giving propaganda to people in the street. People in the area (shops, neighbours, etc.) do not seem to be particularly happy, but do not complain.

The most relevant thing is that the building is almost next to the Spanish Parliament, and just in front of of parliamentaries' headquarters. It is shocking.

Return to “Spain”