If you had OT Powers would you be tempted to knock off hats?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Morsicle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

If you had OT Powers would you be tempted to knock off hats?

Post by Morsicle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:44 pm

...not go upsetting governments and putting on a show to prove anything to homo sapiens for a while; it's a horrible temptation to knock off hats at 50 yards and read books couple of countries away...but you'll just make it tough on somebody else who's trying to get across this bridge.

-L. Ron Hubbard, History of Man
I understand the sentiment behind what Blubbtoad is saying, he’s saying that OT powers are not to be used as stupid parlor tricks because doing so will just trivialize $cientology and put undo attention on those at lower levels.

But just look at the examples he gave. So here you are, you can “exteriorize” and do lots of amazing things just with your mind. And what are you concerned about? UPSETTING GOVERNMENTS!!

Blubbtoad always talks in this ridiculous 1950’s Cold-War era cloak and dagger horsehit.

And why would knocking off hats be a temptation for the enlightened? Sounds kind of mean doesn’t it?

Why not something like “Resist temptation to help the handicapped cross the street ... to prevent accidents from happening” etc. But no Blubbtoad uses knocking off hats as a temptation. Even reading books "a couple countries away” is a selfish endeavor. How about pulling the gun out of the hands of a murderer, wouldn’t that be a SELFLESS temptation of the all-powerful enlightened?
"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period."

-[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/penthouse-LRonHubbardJr-interview-1983.htm]L. Ron Hubbard Jr[/url].

Morsicle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Morsicle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:04 pm

Note, not that it is IMMORAL and MEAN to knock off hats, but it will interfere with someone else’s $cientology!!

$cientologists - behold your God!
"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period."

-[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/penthouse-LRonHubbardJr-interview-1983.htm]L. Ron Hubbard Jr[/url].

StevenSlaughter

Post by StevenSlaughter » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Would a scientologist who sees a hat getting knocked off for no apparent reason (hats bigger in 1950's so more likely to get blown off?) that they would presume it was an OT with powers, proving to them it works and so justifying them to try to attain the same 'powers'?

Just a random thought but if you were suggested that these things were done by people with powers (instead of just random events) then you would see wonders everywhere and so want it yourself.

That's the best i can come up with at the mo :? it makes scene in my head at least :D
Never believe anything until it has been denied by a $cientologist.

songbird

Post by songbird » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:02 pm

...not go upsetting governments and putting on a show to prove anything to homo sapiens for a while; it's a horrible temptation to knock off hats at 50 yards and read books couple of countries away...but you'll just make it tough on somebody else who's trying to get across this bridge.
Mein Gott! What a bloviator LRH was!
To answer your question: No, if OT, I would not knock off hats. I would, however, definitely read books a couple of countries away. :wink:

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:53 pm

songbird wrote:
Mein Gott! What a bloviator LRH was!
To answer your question: No, if OT, I would not knock off hats. I would, however, definitely read books a couple of countries away. :wink:
LOL! You said bloviator, O'reilly on the no spin zone says that.
So I shoudnt opine :wink:

I think Penn and Tellers programme on debunking describes scientology as a whole rather emphatically

BULLSHIT

What a perfect way to set in stone that an OT not use his powahz as a trick. Even if few other thetans get a bit whacky,

NO TRICKS!

The preceeding paragraphs to the above
A thetan, brought low enough to have a MEST body, may consider that he has been trapped by “time warps” or that his universe is another dimension or some such thing. This is not the case. Thetans live in the same time stream with the difference that they can alter concepts of time and get future or past at will—it is THE THETAN who is altering his concept,
not the time that is changing. So don’t go off on wild chases after fourth and fifth dimensions, time warps and other time-space universes:

teleportation makes it look like these exist for the thetan. There is more to this but you don’t really need it in processing.

There are two states of “theta clear.” One of these is a CLEARED THETAN, from whom all incidents would be removed; the other is the THETAN cleared of a necessity to have a MEST body. When we say “theta clear” we mean the latter.

A THETAN is somewhat bound-in here on Earth because of the existence of other system forces. Probably, with a few THETANS active, this planet will be much less calm and orderly. Probably Homo Sapiens will use electronics some day to re-trap thetans who are bothering him but if Homo Sapiens has the techniques for getting free himself, some miracle might avert this. Possibly a handful of thetans will someday become alarmed at the worries and efforts of Homo Sapiens and try to throw the remaining race into a super-controlled slavery. All that is speculation but it is not a speculation that life will become much more interesting on this planet,

It is doubtful if the thetans will pull off the ultimate trick—simply knocking out the atmosphere of the planet— that “clears” everybody after a fashion. There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth. And it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it
is far, far too late. Its incredibility is its best safeguard, so you needn’t bother to convince anybody who doesn’t want to believe it. It took the medical profession two and a half years to catch on to prenatals. People getting cleared of bodies don’t need any such time lag.

And so, may I make this simple request—don’t get spectacular until a few of the boys make it. You don’t want to be lonesome—and you’ll need reinforcements if a war gets declared on thetans here. The preclear may think he can do it alone if he gets cleared of a body—he’ll need more help and company than he thinks. So, again, as a final note on this chapter,. lets....
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:56 pm

I'm afraid they could'nt resist the temptation! - I see nobody wearing fedora hats anymore.

:onebounce:
[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

Morsicle

Post by Morsicle » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:21 am

I’m feeling naughty today like I can’t resist temptation.

Good thing I don’t have OT powers. It’s cold today. I hate to think of all the hats I’d knock off. Not to mention the governments I’d disrupt.

Man, so good I don’t have those OT powers.

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:54 am

Morsicle wrote:I’m feeling naughty today like I can’t resist temptation.

Good thing I don’t have OT powers. It’s cold today. I hate to think of all the hats I’d knock off. Not to mention the governments I’d disrupt.

Man, so good I don’t have those OT powers.
It's a damn fine thing the most ethical organization on the planet won't share their sooper powerz with evil wogs like us!

I'd have trouble walking past an ATM, knowing I could just will it to start puking out greenbacks. Or watching the lottery drawing and not using my powers to make my numbers come up.

It wouldn't be so bad if $cientology was a cheap scam, like this one:

Os Wilkes

Post by Os Wilkes » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:21 am

Boy, if I had OT powers I would certainly be able to erect my Super Power Structure:

Then, I might look like Bob:

Can't catch fabulous babes with this kind of bait:

Love,

Os
OT wannabe
Latest stuph:

The latest fave video- a blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxOmrS6uqVM

Peter Schilte

Post by Peter Schilte » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:23 am

Hubbard told his followers that they never were to give proof of their special abilities. Very convenient when there are no special abilities at all! That is why noone ever witnessed any of those special abilities ever. Not even Hubbard!
"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM."
- L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:00 pm

Navy wrote:Hubbard told his followers that they never were to give proof of their special abilities. Very convenient when there are no special abilities at all! That is why noone ever witnessed any of those special abilities ever. Not even Hubbard!
Re thread title:

And expert con-man, would PICK A WINDY DAY
to bring his adepts outside,
in a suggestible state...

I have had ex-members recount,
stories of amazing ability demonstrated by Hubbard
IN Hubbard's PRESENCE.

And they belileved they saw what they saw
for three decades!!..

Until i explained hypnosis to them.

It was all a trick.

We were duped.

regards

Arnie

Harry Aarons in
THE JOURNAL OF HYPNOTISM
Vol 1 # 4 November 1951
(emphasis in original)

"hypnosis is entirely a mental state,
in which the dominant subjective mind
believes implicitly
whatever it is told to believe"

NOW you will see my body rise up in the air

Any questions?

This is the oldest stagecraft hypnosis performance art.
And Hubbard was a master stage hypnotist!
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

pitbull

Post by pitbull » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:11 pm

Arnie, you are like the devil, a Demon to try to dissuade people by any means possible that the spiritual world does not exist.

You are the master of meat.

The laminator of limits.

The hangman of hope.
There's an old saying: when the going gets tough - pit bulls call a Scientologist."
-David Miscavige- 8 October, 1993
http://www.earthstation1.com/ThemeSongs/Branded.wav

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:14 pm

And pitull IS a knowing, LIAR.
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

Os Wilkes

Post by Os Wilkes » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:49 pm

pitbull wrote:Arnie, you are like the devil, a Demon to try to dissuade people by any means possible that the spiritual world does not exist.

You are the master of meat.

The laminator of limits.

The hangman of hope.
And YOU are the Ayatollah of Alliteration.

Love,

Os
Latest stuph:

Os Wilkes

Post by Os Wilkes » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:58 pm

lermanet_com wrote:Re thread title:

And expert con-man, would PICK A WINDY DAY
to bring his adepts outside,
in a suggestible state...

I have had ex-members recount,
stories of amazing ability demonstrated by Hubbard
IN Hubbard's PRESENCE.

And they belileved they saw what they saw
for three decades!!..

Until i explained hypnosis to them.

It was all a trick.

We were duped.

regards

Arnie
<snip>
Dear Arnie,

I did write about something like that happening to me and the group I was in at the time over on the MLM thread. It was OffTopic, but it's there. The leaders of that group (not Scientology) would also move objects when people were not looking, and say that the spirits did it.

Some people who work for government contractors or in the industrial development sectors get hypnotized in order for the handler to get otherwise secret or proprietary information. I knew one guy who heard a voice in his head saying "look at the vase on your tv". He did. As he looked it disappeared. The voice in his head said, "we took that vase and dumped it in the middle of the ocean. It could have been YOU" and of course the guy was TERRIFIED of their supernatural powers. Now, this fellow worked in a sensitive high level R & D position for a defence concern. And he was having these problems at home AND at the job.

When I told him it was an old trick of hypnosis, he would not believe me. He would not believe me when the voices in his head always tried to get them to tell them alllll about his work. Well, if they were OMNIPOTENT enough to move a vase off his tv and could enter his head to talk to him at will, how come he had to TELL THEM WHAT HE WAS WORKING ON? Wouldn't they just go there?

DOH!

Of course, if he told anybody about this, he would be dismissed as psychotic. I was studying his case because of suspected hypnotism.

Love,

Os
Latest stuph:

Return to “Opinions & Debate”