One opened, more to come!
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: USA, California, Upland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:38 pm 

I'm toying with the idea of a Thursday demonstration at the Mission in Upland. Anyone interested in joining with part of the Theological Wrecking Crew? Start noonish, hang out for a chunk of the afternoon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:56 am 

Brad, sorry I can't be there but I wish you the best.

Get out there and spread some truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:55 pm 

Scientology mission in Upland has moved to a corner-store location, right on a public sidewalk. I hear there's a good independent coffee house not far. Anyone interested in handing out Xenu pamphlets with me some time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:32 pm 

Thursday evenings is the Farmer's Market in Upland, right on the org's doorstep. I might be there tomorrow with Xenu pamphlets and a sign that says "Find Out xenu.net"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:59 pm 

For about two hours, it was a low-key one-man picket. The sign, "Find Out xenu.net" would prompt the occasional Farmer's Market goer to ask "Find out what?" which started conversations and usually resulted in a Xenu leaflet being handed out. Most often, of course, people already knew enough about Scientology to know that they wanted no involvement with it. Some had a closer contact-- the guy who had seen the creepy setup in Hemet, the fellow whose ex-girlfriend had been in $cn and had tried to get him involved. Nobody had anything positive to say about Scientology. It was a very pleasant evening; I just might make a habit of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:39 pm 

Brad, you are brave. You may have saved someone from joining and you surely started some people thinking about $cn and discussing it. You have inspired me to hang up some www.xenu.net signs near a local night spot for teens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:59 am 

Hello Brad & Mercedes,
great! Just go on and do the work. It's these countless mosaic stones of resistance which can't be fought with by the curch and which will make an end to this scam.

I just made my own small survey while travelling through the country (Europe) lately. I just incidentally started to bring the subject to SCO and made the same experience like you, Brad:
Nobody had anything positive to say about Scientology

Although some of them confessed they know little about it. So I explained the most basic and bizzare parts and told them some stories of victims.

Those people wouldn't join the cult for no price in the world then.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:41 pm 

I'll probably be there Thursday evening July 7, if anyone wishes to join in the fun (the Farmer's Market is pleasant enough in its own right).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:11 pm 

Thursday August 4 gathering is looking likely. Whether I'll be there at 5:20 or 8ish remains unknown, but it is on my to-do list, either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:55 pm 

Two members of the Theological Wrecking Crew arrived at the Farmer's Market about 5:20pm yesterday. We split up, one to walk about with the usual 'find out xenu.net' sign, the other to enter the Mi$$ion for deeper reconaissance. "DuritzFan" would later report walking in, seeing nobody, and then-- whoomp!-- instant appearance from backrooms of multiple staff members. She wanted the price of the whole Bridge. They had a price list but wouldn't show it to her, she only got numbers for e-meters ($2,000-3,000) and the Purification Rundown ($1,575, niacin included!). Staff was very evasive, saying this was a strange conversation, and trying to find out if she were a reporter, doing a school report or something to that effect; however, DuritzFan simply persisted in asking for the price list. She thanked the staff member for their information, staff member did not want to shake hands (BT's?). He just stood there.
Upon exiting, DuritzFan chatted with the guy with the sign (in plain view of Mission windows) and received a Xenu pamphlet.
Soon thereafter, novice operative "Bob" arrived, entered the Mission, and tried to be helpful to the rather 'empty-headed' staff member. Bob included such insightful questions as, "When does one stop being a victim and start being a perpetrator?" Bob took the personality test, and was informed he'd need to return Saturday if he wanted the results. (This is despite the fact instant results can be acheived via the online version) The staffer seemed depressed and desperate, fairly out of it. They discussed working at Scientology "It's nonprofit, you don't get paid much. It's not a place to work as a job, but as a place to help people." He had a strong belief in inexplicable emotions. Bob, however, thinks most his emotions are pretty well explained. Bob got a tour after the test.
The length of Bob's time in the Mission prompted DuritzFan to initiate an extraction, which went seamlessly. Bob's overall impression was that this Mission was a depressing place.
Xenu leaflets were distributed, often to those who had just been handed something from a Scieno leafleteer. Conversations with Market goers again confirmed that Scientology is not held in high esteem.
DuritzFan and I were photographed by the sad-sack staffer.
When one of the leafleteers handed DuritzFan material, DuritzFan reciprocated with a Xenu leaflet, which was promptly handed back.
Sad-sack requested one later, however.
The Scienos seemed to pack up their efforts around 7:30-- moving the small table with books on it back inside, ending their leafleteering, etc. and the busy picketers dispersed soon thereafter.
Scieno body-routing efforts seemed unsuccessful-- DuritzFan and Bob were apparently the only "raw meat" of the two-hour time we were there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:19 am 

IMO, Scientology will not be able to regain what they had in the 70s by using dissemination tactics that are similar to that time.

I can only see three avenues for them:

1. infiltrate school systems to influence young children of parents who are naive about Scientology;

2. infiltrate government positions to garner special favors for themselves;

3. get people in the entertainment industries to become Scientologists in order to influence public opinion about the Churh of Scientology.

According to news stories, they are mostly failing in all three of the above points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:11 pm 

I'm thinking of spending some time with a sign in front of the Upland Mission Monday through Thursday next week, but not the whole four days. If there's a time when someone else would like to join me for such an activity, we could chat and make the time pass more amiably. Monday December 26 might be especially good, because gift-returning foot traffic would be likely. Picket, anyone?

Suggestions for what might be most impactful for the sign to say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:11 pm 

Scheduling conflicts prevented Theological Wrecking Crew from getting to Los Angeles. Instead, one member (Shinobi operative) quietly sat out front of the Upland Mission with a poster ("Find out. Xenu.net") for a bit over an hour. Low-key, but still enough to have the drive-by (photographic) shooting by $cienos happen. Hence, Xenu Day International was observed at yet one more location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:07 am 

The notorious Theological Wrecking Crew will be at least partially represented in front of the Upland, CA 'Mission' starting about 11am, going maybe two hours.

Googlemap 200 N. 2nd Ave Upland, CA-- note how conveniently close to Ontario Airport it is. The more the Merrier!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 pm 

Although usually looking quite dead from lack of activity, the Upland Mission is still there, and the occasional flash-raid does occur. Given the cult's increasing levels of desperation, extra precautions for enturbulating become prudent: no more solo pickets, not even at a place with an established history of no-confront such as Upland.

Anyone wishing to raid/picket Upland feel free to PM me.
Reminder: Upland police non-emergency number= (909) 946-7624