One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Quote
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:45 pm 

Dressing up as a BT for Halloween.. hmm.. now wouldn't that be fun. Picture this, a whole group gets dressed up for Halloween night as BTs, Xenu, LRH,etc. and parade around the sidewalks in downtown Clearwater at the front door of Flag. :)

On the subject of cats watching TV, my Himalayan because very efficient using the Remote Control. He'd keep pressing the channel button until it hit ESPN so he could the ball fly around in various sports. It got to where if I left the room for any reason with him in it, I could bet he would have the channel changed. For that matter, half the time when I came home from work, the TV would be turned on with ESPN playing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:54 pm 

He's just trying to catch up on the Blue Jays and the Wildcats games, Kip. LOL...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:51 am 

Cool Kipper. Maybe you could just leave the remote turned upside down.

Man, I'm glad I posted a few things while being so drunk. I'm finished with the bottle of vodka now. Binge drinking is not smart.

"Now I know, and knowing is half the battle"....true, true, G.I. Joe. Pass the water.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:04 am 

"Once in a while,
I'm standing here...doing something
and I think,
"What in the world am I doing here..?"
It's a big surprise.

-Donald Rumsfeld Feb. 12, 2002
Dept. of Defense Briefing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:52 am 

1. Andy Rooney on Monica: Can you believe it? Monica turned 28 this week. It seems like only yesterday that she was crawling round the White House on her hands and knees

2. Andy Rooney on Vegetarians: Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter".

3. Andy Rooney on Prisoners: Did you know that it costs forty thousand dollars a year to house each prisoner? Jeez, for forty thousand bucks apiece I'll take a few prisoners into my house. I live in Los Angeles. I already have bars on the windows. I don't think we should give free room and board to criminals. I think they should have to run twelve hours a day on a treadmill and generate electricity. And, if they don't want to run, they can rest in the chair that's hooked up to the generator.

4. Andy Rooney on Fabric Softeners: My wife uses fabric softener. I never knew what that stuff was for. Then I noticed women coming up to me, sniffing, then saying under their breath, "Married!" and walking away. Fabric softener s are how our wives mark their territory. We can take off the ring. But, it's hard to get that April Fresh scent out of your clothes.

5. Andy Rooney on morning differences: Men and women are different in the morning. We men wake up aroused in the morning. We can't help it. We just wake up and we want you. And the women are thinking, "How can he want me the way I look in the morning?" It's because we can't see you. We have no blood anywhere near our optic nerve.

6. Andy Rooney on phone-in-polls: You know those shows where people call in and vote on different issues? Did you ever notice there's always like 18% that say "I don't know." It costs 90 cents to call up and vote and they're voting "I don't know." Give me the phone. (Says into the phone) "I DON'T KNOW!" (Hangs up looking proud.) "Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe you're not sure about." This guy probably calls up phone sex girls for $2.95 to say, "I'm not in the mood."

7. Andy Rooney on cripes: My wife's from the Midwest. Very nice people there. Very wholesome. They use words like 'Cripes' 'For Cripes sake.' Who would that be; Jesus Cripes? The son of 'Gosh' of the church of 'Holy Moly'? I'm not making fun of it. You think I wanna burn in 'Heck'?

8. Andy Rooney on Grandma: My grandmother has a bumper sticker on her car that says, 'Sexy Senior Citizen.' You don't want to think of your grandmother that way, do you? Out entering wet shawl contests. Makes you wonder where she got that dollar she gave you for your birthday.

9. Andy Rooney on answering machines: Did you ever hear one of these corny positive messages on someone's answering machine? "Hi, it's a great day and I'm out enjoying it right now. I hope you are too. The thought for the day is: "Share the love." BEEP "Uh, yeah...this is the VD clinic calling....Speaking of being positive, your test results are back.
Stop sharing the love.."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:05 pm 

My cats were spryer when I first had them in my home. They were quite a bit lighter then too. A night Mama will jump up on our bed to sleep by our feet. She has to get a good running start now and most of the time her front paws will end up on top of the bed. She still has to scramble to get the rest of her over the edge of the bed. So just about every night it feels like someone hits our bed with a shot put followed by the sound of wood being scratched to death.

I had made some drawing last year for a cat toy that played with the cats. Something shaped like a mouse with so outboard big wheels and some speed to it. I was wondering how much sophistication that could be put into this thing. What I would of liked it to be able to do is go around a room at a good speed dragging a string or something for the cats to chase also have it so it could sneak up on the cats and pounce on them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:08 pm 

Thanks Alf, every sunday evening I always look forward to what Andy has to say. I guess those quotes were some of his "bests." Unfortunately, I missed him last night. Any good?

P.S. Last week, he said that if he wanted to lose some weight, he would just trim his eyebrows. :crazy:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:19 pm 

LOL... These are great.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:49 pm 

You should not through planks in your brothers greenhouses

spoken by me - or more correctly the crossing result of
"do´nt trough stones in a glasshouse

and

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

ufo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:54 am 

"I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speak." -- Arnie Lerma

"Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything." Translation of Morihei Ueshiba, founder of aikido, the art of peace-

"There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, popular, or political; but because it is right." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Well I know I could be just another stranger, But to you I guess I'm just another fool And you swear you like to live your live in danger, Then you hide behind a wall of silly rules" Ozzy Osbourne-

"And I know that you would love to know the answers, But to you the truth is just another lie." Ozzy Osbourne-

"Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P. Jones

"Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave." Haiku from Fight Club-

---Not exactly a good quote---
"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." --Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter of 18 October 1967

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:24 pm 

Jason,

I may be living under a rock but I don't know who Andy Rooney is. I simply got an email with those in it and decided to pass it on.

Is he related to Mickey Rooney??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:16 pm 

Vidiot, haha, Andy Rooney is the guy who appears at the end of "60 minutes" to give a short commentary, usually on the crazy things about our society.

You've heard of 60 minutes, haven't you? It's pretty much one of oldest primetime news shows. It's been on Sunday nights at 7pm ever since I can remember.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:38 pm 

I may have watched "60 minutes" a few times. I don't watch much tv except local news, cnn and financial news.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:52 am 

Looking for the quote:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

I came upon a couple more good ones about evil:

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

and

"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."
-Haile Selassie

Sarah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:34 am 

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!" -Emiliano Zapata

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

"Neither praise nor blame is the object of true criticism. Justly to discriminate, firmly to establish, wisely to proscribe, and honestly to award - these are the true aims and duties of criticism." Simms

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next