It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Tel Aviv Trying NarCONon * Haaretz Daily * 1/30/06
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:08 pm 

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/676239.html

Last update - 04:19 30/01/2006

Tel Aviv to try Scientology founder's drug rehab program

By Yuval Azoulay, Haaretz Correspondent
The Tel Aviv municipality will soon be running a drug rehabilitation program developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. Drug addicts enrolled in the program, called Narconon, spend extended periods in a sauna and receive food supplements and vitamins to increase their perspiration rate and speed up the detoxification of their bodies. The program is being financed by private donors.

Despite City Hall's enthusiasm, the Health Ministry and the Israel Antidrug Authority have not approved the program.

"In my opinion, the Tel Aviv municipality cannot start such a process without the approval of the Health Ministry and the Antidrug Authority," said authority director general Haim Messing last week.

"The patients will receive large doses of vitamins and food supplements while in the sauna to increase the excretion of toxins by the body," explained Messing. "This method has not been checked out in Israel. We are in favor of pilot programs in Israel and will follow it with an evaluation study."

A few months ago three representatives of Tel Aviv City Hall visited the United States and were impressed with the success rate of the program, which Dr. Benny Avrahami, director of the Tel Aviv Municipal Anti-Drug Authority, reported as ranging between 50 and 75 percent.

Avrahami explains that the program will be run twice a year, with 150 participating drug addicts. The patients will be treated at a special rehabilitation center on a residential basis. During their first six weeks at the center, patients will spend 40-60 minutes in a sauna three or four times a day.

Between the sauna sessions, they will participate in physical exercises in a fitness room at the center and will receive food supplements. The second stage of the program, called Criminon, involves studying a curriculum that teaches participants how to cope with various situations.

"We received a donation of $1.5 million in the U.S. to run the program," says Avrahami. "The only condition set by the American donors was that we run this specific program." Avrahami is aware that the man behind the program is the founder of Scientology, but is undeterred.

"There is nothing in the implementation of this program that indicates spiritual goals. There will be no religious messages, not even veiled ones," assures Avrahami.

Criminon, which is part of the Narconon program, has been implemented in Israel's prisons for five years. So far 60 inmates addicted to drugs have been treated through the Criminon program. An Antidrug Authority source noted that in the Prison Services case, approval was given for the program because it did not involve the physical side of the program, only the educational one.

Brigadier General Yossi Beck, the Israel Prison Authority's head of treatment and rehabilitation, highly recommends the program.

"Of the 60 men treated via the program and released from prison, only one is back behind bars for a drug-related offense," says Beck. "The program seems to have a positive effect." Beck also hastens to add that despite the connection between the program and the founder of Scientology, there are no religious or spiritual messages in the program.

"Sure, the program was developed by the founder of Scientology and Scientologists use it, but a professional theory should not be discounted because its propounder is a member of a certain religion," says Beck.

Messing, too, does not link his objection to the program with its relationship to Scientology. "In all my conversations with various people, I have not found any connection between Scientology and saunas. We are in favor of effective methods for drug rehabilitation, on the condition that programs be adopted only after being properly researched."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:07 pm 

COMMENTS IN TALKBACK

Ahem....I don't think this is the real B.S.

Tigger, the real S.J.W.

~~Quote~~

By Yuval Azoulay, Haaretz Correspondent: Tel Aviv to try Scientology founder's drug rehab program

Talkback

1. Title: Narconon is a scam. It is a front for the Church of Scientology.

Name: Barbara Schwarz

City: Salt Lake City State: Utah

Please read "Narconon Exposed" by Prof. David Touretzky of Carnegie Mellon Univ. It is at:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/

The safety - or lack of it - of Narconon`s programme has been a serious cause of concern for nearly 30 years. As discussed in "Hubbard`s Junk Science", the Narconon detoxification programme is based on unproven (and disproved) theories. Unfortunately for Narconon`s clients, some of those theories and practices have significant risks and have attracted strong criticism from the medical profession as a result. In this context, it is worth noting that Narconon requires its clients to sign a "Release of Liability, Indemnity Agreement and Contract".

Narconon is a dangerous program that is unsafe and unproven. It is used mainly as a means to promote the cult of Scientology which would very much like to expand its operations into Israel.

2. Title: We should have nothing to do with these people

Name: DB
City:State:

We should have nothing to do with these people -- it is a cult aimed at defrauding its members of money -- it is a moneymaking scheme. This program is intended to gain/increase its foothold in Israel. Israelis seem to be rightly concerned about the prevalence of organized crime in Israel, yet one of the major criminal organizations in the world is invited to establish itself in Israel.

3. Title: Kick Them Out!

Name: Sam The Sham

City: Los Angeles State: California

Scientology is a religious cult. Scientologists are occult idiots. Better to become a Born Again Christian than a Scientologist. Founder subscribed to the idea, "There`s a sucker born every minute." Kick them out.
4. Title: Scientology is a CULT

Name: Ted
City: Houston State: TX

Scientology is a cult - a scam built on greed of one L. Ron Hubbard, culminating in teachings that humans are vessels for alien souls killed by an alien overlord Xenu 10 billion years ago...and the more money you pay them, the closer you come to releasing those trapped souls and being able to fly, read minds, etc. Scientologists regularly harass and even sometimes torture apostates who leave their "religion." it`s retarded bullshit, and Scientology has been underwatch or expelled in dozens of western countries. I`m ashamed to see Scientology`s tentacles in Israel!!!
5. Title: Narconon

Name: Deb

City: London State:

I wouldn`t mind having a detox session for free. Can I do this to withdraw from chocolate?
6. Title: Scientology /recovery from drugs
Name:DH

City:vancouver State:canada

I`m a recovering addict and have been clean and sober for 8 years now due to attending NA and AA meeting and I also was in a recovery 12 step treatment centre.. I do not understand how this program could work without a belief in a higher power and the twelve steps ..In my opinion its a waste of time and will never work!! Sauna`s???

7. Title: Narconon: Beware of Strangers Bearing Gifts & Ignorant Politicians

Name: S. J. Wilson

City: Oklahoma City State: Oklahoma

L. Ron Hubbard was a liar, a thief, a bigamist and a conman extraordinaire.

Narconon, contrary to what the people of Israel have been told, contains the same
teachings that are presented in the science fiction "church" of Scientology as "religious" doctrine.

Narconon tried to hide its connection to Scientology when it came to Oklahoma to con five Indian tribes into leasing them an old Indian school. The state of Oklahoma found the Narconon program to be unsafe and ineffective. It took the Indians more than a decade and an Indian court to get Narconon, who found a loophole in the law and went out of state to buy certification, off their property. Narconon is L. Ron Hubbard`s quack science and a recruiting tool for the "church".

Before Israel accepts this "gift", it should check out the numbers Narconon gives you as a success rate.....Is it based only on those who complete the program? How many of those who complete the program become Scientologists and/or Narconon staff? And Israel doctors should check out the danger of long hours in a sauna and high doses of niacin and the misinformation about drugs being stored in fat.

Your journey into the dark side of Narconon/Scientology can start here: Stop-Narconon.org: Protecting the Vulnerable from Narconon/Scientology http://www.stopnarconon.org/

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." ~~ Abraham Lincoln

8. Title: Scientology

Name:Cliff Seaward

City: London State:London

This programme is based on innacurate science and dubious ethics, I look forward to your first court case and the subsequent damages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:20 pm 

Re: Tel Aviv Trying Narconon * Haaretz Daily *1/30/06

Group: alt.religion.scientology Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 8:23am (CST-2) From: TiggerintheBox@webtv.net (Tigger)
Howard wrote on a.r.s:

Sent to their TalkBack page, but now I look at it again, it's probably too long for inclusion.
------
I do hope that Dr Benny retains the right to design, administer and freely publish the findings of this proposed trial. There is a dearth of any independant, peer reviewed reports on the efficacy of this 'detoxification' programme. In the only detailed assessment that has come to light to date, results fall far short of the claimed 50 to 75 percent success rate.

See URL: http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/studies.htm

[...]
"One Swede, Catarina Pamnell, did manage to trace the report. It had been sent to the municipality of Huddinge in 1983 as part of an evaluation on whether Narconon should be fully accepted as a treatment facility, and is publicly available under Sweden's "Offentlighetsprincipen" (freedom of information laws).

[...]
Peter Gerdman, a Stockholm social worker, conducted the study in May 1981.
77% of those who enrolled on the course quit before completing it. 50% of those who did complete it went back onto drugs afterwards. 54% of those interviewed afterwards who did not complete it went back onto drugs.

34% of enrollees said they had completed the programme and relapsed but claimed to be drug free at the moment. 6.6% of enrollees said they had stayed totally drug free for one year afterwards."

If the results of the study are treated as being generic for all Narconon branches, which is how Narconon itself treats it, then it suggests that:

Most Narconon entrants do not complete the programme.

Most of those who do complete the programme subsequently return to drug abuse.

The disparity between Narconon's success rate claims and an examination of the actual study is worth noting. Especially when Narconon have never published Gerdmans original paper.

I am reminded of an old proverb. "When you sup with the devil, use a long spoon."
------
Howard
--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:56 pm 

Howard's "talkback" made it.It's No. 9.

At the moment there have only been 9 responses and none are from Scientologists.   Are they asleep at the propaganda wheel?

I wish they would show all the responses on one click.

Anyhoo....here's (I think) the URL where you can post a response.
Send Response

SEND RESPONSE

Cheers,

Tigger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:15 pm 

MORE TALKBACK...a few Scientologists show up

By Yuval Azoulay, Haaretz Correspondent: Tel Aviv to try Scientology founder's drug rehab program

Talkback

10. Title: Messengers of Deception

Name: Unclear Thetan City:State:

HoHo! The Extraterrestrial closeted-celebrity cult of Scientology has invaded Israel? WOW! What did they do... threaten to sue if they couldn`t set up operations? Don`t you guys ever watch South Park? I`d have Mossad keep their eyes on these shmucks!

11. Title: Narconon
Name: David Jones

City: Washington State: DC

It certainly looks like the establishment of a Narconon Center in Israel got some people totally bent out of shape. I`ve met some of the graduates of the program and can only say they were glad to have done it and had a more positive outlook on life than prior to the program.

I say, let`s see the results of what happens in Israel. Let Dr. Benny Avrahami tell us in half a year from now.

David
12. Title: Use What Works

Name:Doyle Mills

City: Clearwater State: Florida

In Nazi Germany, they wouldn`t have used a drug rehabilition program founded by a Jew, no matter how well it worked.
Don`t let the Israel of today repeat the stupidity of yesterday`s Germany.
If Narconon works and helps people, use it.

13. Title: Narconon

Name: Concerned

City: Reston State: Virginia

On February 4, 2005, California State Superinendent of Public Instruction ordered the removal of all Narconon related materials and speakers from all public school in California. This followed an extensive examination of Narconon, a subsidiary of the Church of Scientology, which was given its non-profit tax status under a closing agreement with Scientology by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service in 1993. Narconon has been caught making false claims in it`s advertising. In one case it claimed to have the endorsement of Dr. Norma Tigerman, Assistant Professor of Clinical Nursing in Public Health - Universith of Southern California. Dr. Tigerman had to threaten a lwasuit to have Narconon remover her name from its lists.

All statistics of growth and success used by Narconon (and Scientology) must be independently varified. Claims of a 75% success rate, when examined, have been gross exagurations. It`s high costs and alleged forced "testimonials" also cause concern.
14. Title: Narconon is an excellent program

Name: Maggie I. Turnbull

City: Mexico City State:

Hello. I think it is a great opportunity for all the people in Tel Aviv who has troubles with drugs (which could be that they are taking drugs or that they are experience problems with drug-addicts) the implementation of Narconon program. It is an excellent program. I am member of the Executive Council of the Social Network for a Drug Free Mexico (together with people of the Social Development Ministry of Mexico, different churches, school boards, etc) and I am sure this program could free Tel Aviv from the devastation of drugs.

15. Title: The NarConon scam

Name: Desertphile

City: Los Angeles State: California, USA

Michigan Corrections Department psychologist John Hand called Narconon "So misleading as to be termed a `con.`" Hand said, "They are phony, a front for the Church of Scientology. We found out in Michigan that most of the money that we were paying Narconon was laundered back into the Church of Scientology." [Detroit News Feb. 11 1980] The study of Narconon in the Michigan penal system concluded, "graduates of the Narconon program do not do as well as our [prison] population in general." They discovered that Narconon made things worse, not better, for those dependant on drugs.

16. Title: The Truth about Narconon

Name: Dali

City: Los Angeles State: CA

I wonder how intimately familiar the detractors of the Narconon program are with what Narconon ACTUALLY DOES for addicts around the globe.

I know personally more than 50 Narconon graduates who, not only got off drugs for good, but have become extremely valuable members of society.

I guess these people who are more willing to listen to rumor than check out the facts for themselves -- would rather have Tel Aviv`s addicts go down the tube than have them connected to the word "Scientology."

Very sincerely,
Dali

17. Title: Narconon

Name: Raphael Melach

City: Jerusalem State:

In response to Dali, he is unfortunately right. I would rather see a person a drug addict than a Scientologist. Drugs are cheaper, easier to get off of, and from what I have seen, cause less harm to your health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:20 am 

Another Scientologist from Clerwater shows up to sing the praises of NarCONon and yell "religious bigot".

"pat luefan", Scientology - Google Search
Address:http://www.google.com/search?q=%22pat+luefan%22,+Scientology+&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&filter=0

Talkback

18. Title: Narconon

Name: pat luefan

City: clearwater State: florida

Hey that`s great news that an effective drug program is being implemented in Tel Aviv. Call it XYZ, ABC whatever you want, it works. People are freed from addiction and have a new life. Now what`s your problem?

How many of you detractors have done the program?

How many have first hand familiarity with it? Oh, none of you?

I see, I thought you might know something about religious prejudice but I guess bigotry comes in many colors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:26 pm 

MORE FEEDBACK

Talkback
19: Title: I am being forged in this talk back section

City: Salt Lake City State: Utah, USA

Dear editors, the enemies of Narconon are criminals. They forge people like they forged me. The first posting was not made me. These forgers promote the anti-drug rehabilitation activities of a Dave Touretzky. Go to www.religiousfreedomwatch.org and
http://www.thunderstar.net/~schwarz

I don`t find Mr. Touretzky truly Jewish in his attitude. He promotes psychiatry, (a bad German invention) and promotes German anti-religious activities and praises the on-line "encyclopedia" Wikipedia despite that their contributors cover up Nazi crimes.

Narconon works, I met personally people who were successfully drug rehabilitated by its program. Its program is based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard but nobody is forced to become a Scientologist. Recently, the Major of Salt Lake City, Rocky Anderson was all praise about Scientology and its social programs. Instead of falling for the lies of forgers, you should know that.

Sincerely,
and peace for all of you,

Barbara Schwarz
20 Title: Narconon (Double post: See previous)

Name: pat luefan

City: clearwater State: florida

Hey that`s great news that an effective drug program is being implemented in Tel Aviv. Call it XYZ, ABC whatever you want, it works. People are freed from addiction and have a new life. Now what`s your problem?

How many of you detractors have done the program? How many have first hand familiarity with it? Oh, none of you? I see, I thought you might know something about religious prejudice but I guess bigotry comes in many colors.
21. Title: Here is a P.S. about the forger (first response on your list)

The people who posted against Narconon and Scientology all know that the first talk back entry was not done by me but a FORGERY. They are so criminal, not one of them told you that you are being lied to.
Peace,
Barbara Schwarz
22 Title: Tel Aviv to try Scientology founder`s drug rehab program

Name: John Parsonson

City: Los Angeles State: California

I have been a Scientologist for 26 years. I have had huge wins and success from studying the materials discovered by L. Ron Hubbard. I, personally, have never come across the tripe that passes for `ligitimate` criticism of Scientology.
So, I simply record my disagreement with these critics and say `stay away!`

All others, take adavantage of the spiritual freedoms available to any who would diligently seek the truth of Scientology. To you, I wish you freedoms and successes. I have them every day!
23 Title: Wisdom comes from the young at times

Name: TB

City: Tel Aviv State: Israel

Some things never cease to amaze me in this world. There are so many ignorant people writing letters on here about Scientology being a cult and stealing people`s money... When I say ignorant, I mean what the dictionary states: lacking knowledge, information or awareness about something in particular.

If you haven`t had personal experience in something, why are you writing rumors and spreading propoganda about it?

I`m a Scientologist in my twenties and am a very productive member of society. I don`t have Scientologist written on my shirt when I walk on the street but I`m guessing that you just might like me. With that said, I have visited a Narconnon facility and saw firsthand how people were getting their lives back. I came there on a day that several members were graduating and got to hear them speak. Their raving success stories were beyond inspirational. I trust what I see over rumors anyday.

24 Title:Lives made better

Name: GRM.

City: Lone Pine State: CA.

I find it passing strange that anyone who has has any experience with Drug Addicts wether friend, relative or foe would be antagonistic to a gift of a large amount towards starting a Rehab Program that has a very highy success rate, that doesn`t substitute drugs for drugs and teaches Life Skills as part of it`s program.

That I personally have lost three friends to drug overdose and live in fear that my children are forced to be raised in a world that thinks that addiction is an incureable disease; is in itself enought for me to very pleased that the doner`s generosity takes this direction. If you ignore the cost of addiction to an economy and just view the emotional trauma to a spouse and children and as I have seen, the glow of love in a childs eyes when they find out that their parent is drug free for the first time that they remember, this gift will be tallied in lives made better by a factor of at least 3 or 4 for each rehab`d individual.
25. Title: Criminal acts

Name: Tom Manor City: State:

Please remove the first posting. It was not made by Ms. Schwarz but anti-religious extremists.

www.religiousfreedomwatch.org
26 Title: If unworkable,why not let it run to make ipatent?

Name: Kowalski

City: Poznan State: Poland

Lots of talk about stopping Scientology here, not much about kids on drugs. If unworkable,why do you insist to not let it run to make it patent?

Kowalski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:21 pm 

Who's the Idiot Who Impersonated Barbara S.?

All right. Fess up, you coward. Thanks to you, you have made critics look bad and given Scientologists a legitimate reason to complain.

I've tried to fix the damage you've done, but I don't know if it will get published and/or make any difference.

What the hell do you think you were doing? Please don't ANYBODY ever impersonate Barbara Schwartz again.
IMO anybody who does that should be considered to be OSA.

Just posted to "TALKBACK":

Yes that article was definitely not written by Barbara Schwarz, a poor woman who has many hallucinations including being the only child of L. Ron Hubbard and the grandchild of U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower. She has misused and abused the Freedom of Information Act in her attempts to prove these things are true.

The Salt Lake Tribune -- Utah's Statewide Newspaper
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/barbara_schwarz.html

The use of her name by the first poster was dishonest and also cruel because Barbara is mentally disturbed.

However, the facts in that post were accurate.

You have been referred to http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org
which is a Scientology black propaganda tool, full of lies and distortions to attack people who dare to expose the dark side of Scientology.

This sue-happy "church" attacked TIME magazine and numerous book authors and newspapers for daring to inform the public about what lies behind the curtain of "religion" that Hubbard installed to fool people.

TIME Cover Story: May, 1991 SCIENTOLOGY: The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power

http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/time910605.html

You will note that the Scientologists who have appeared do not address the questions about Narconon's safety and use of "religious" courses and gadgets or whether those people they claim were "cured" became Scientologists or offer to prove its success rate.

Scientology claimed for years that there were eight million scientologists, but in a 1992 NIGHTLINE, it was disclosed that those eight million included anyone who eveer bought a Scientology book or took a course.

Nightline - "A Conversation with David Miscavige"
http://xenutv.bogie.nl/us/nightline.htm

Don't buy a pig in a poke just because someone says try it, it works. Do your homework.

Tigger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Title: Narconon is a scam. It is a front for the Church of Scientology.

Please read "Narconon Exposed" by Prof. David Touretzky of Carnegie Mellon Univ. It is at:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/

The safety - or lack of it - of Narconon`s programme has been a serious cause of concern for nearly 30 years. As discussed in "Hubbard`s Junk Science", the Narconon detoxification programme is based on unproven (and disproved) theories. Unfortunately for Narconon`s clients, some of those theories and practices have significant risks and have attracted strong criticism from the medical profession as a result. In this context, it is worth noting that Narconon requires its clients to sign a "Release of Liability, Indemnity Agreement and Contract".

Narconon is a dangerous program that is unsafe and unproven. It is used mainly as a means to promote the cult of Scientology which would very much like to expand its operations into Israel.
19: Title: I am being forged in this talk back section

Dear editors, the enemies of Narconon are criminals. They forge people like they forged me. The first posting was not made me. These forgers promote the anti-drug rehabilitation activities of a Dave Touretzky. Go to www.religiousfreedomwatch.org and
http://www.thunderstar.net/~schwarz

I don`t find Mr. Touretzky truly Jewish in his attitude. He promotes psychiatry, (a bad German invention) and promotes German anti-religious activities and praises the on-line "encyclopedia" Wikipedia despite that their contributors cover up Nazi crimes.

Narconon works, I met personally people who were successfully drug rehabilitated by its program. Its program is based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard but nobody is forced to become a Scientologist. Recently, the Major of Salt Lake City, Rocky Anderson was all praise about Scientology and its social programs. Instead of falling for the lies of forgers, you should know that.

Sincerely,
and peace for all of you,

Barbara Schwarz
21. Title: Here is a P.S. about the forger (first response on your list)

The people who posted against Narconon and Scientology all know that the first talk back entry was not done by me but a FORGERY. They are so criminal, not one of them told you that you are being lied to.
Peace,
Barbara Schwarz
25. Title: Criminal acts

Name: Tom Manor City: State:

Please remove the first posting. It was not made by Ms. Schwarz but anti-religious extremists.

www.religiousfreedomwatch.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:50 am 

There are two in Salt Lake City??

Talkback

27. Title: Narconon: Don`t Buy a Pig in a Poke

City: Oklahoma City State: Oklahoma

Yes that article was definitely not written by Barbara Schwarz, a poor woman who has many hallucinations including being the only child of L. Ron Hubbard and the grandchild of U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower. She has misused and abused the Freedom of Information Act in her attempts to prove these things are true.

The Salt Lake Tribune -- Utah`s Statewide Newspaper http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/barbara_schwarz.html The use of her name by the first poster was dishonest and also cruel because Barbara is mentally disturbed.

However, the facts in that post were accurate. You have been referred to

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org which is a Scientology black propaganda tool, full of lies and distortions to attack people who dare to expose the dark side of Scientology.

This sue-happy "church" attacked TIME magazine and numerous book authors and newspapers for daring to inform the public about what lies behind the curtain of "religion" that Hubbard installed to fool people.
TIME Cover Story: May, 1991 SCIENTOLOGY: The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power
http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/time910605.html

You will note that the Scientologists who have appeared do not address the questions about Narconon`s safety and use of "religious" courses and gadgets or whether those people they claim were "cured" became Scientologists or offer to prove its success rate. Scientology claimed for years that there were eight million scientologists, but in a 1992 NIGHTLINE, it was disclosed that those eight million included anyone who eveer bought a Scientology book or took a course.

Nightline - "A Conversation with David Miscavige" http://xenutv.bogie.nl/us/nightline.htm

Don`t buy a pig in a poke just because someone says try it, it works. Do your homework.

28. Title: There is more than one Barbara Schwarz in this town!

I am not forging another Schwarz. There are many people named Barbara Schwarz, including a at least two here in SLC, UT. The Social Security administration lists over 300 people named Barbara Schwarz and that doesn`t count all the illegal aliens that are not registered. It appears the other Barbara Schwarz is criminally in the United States and an illegal alien. Check out:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/barbara_schwarz.html It looks like Scientology really damaged her. Do you want Scientologists like her in your country? If not, then let your leaders know now. NO NARCONON and NO SCIENTOLOGY FOR ISRAEL!

Thanks,

Barbara Schwarz #1 (who is not related to the criminal and deranged Barbara Schwarz that accuses me of forgery)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:01 pm 

CCHR TALKS BACK

Talkback

29. Title: Narconon Drug Rehabilitation

Name: Kevin Owen

City: Rotorua State: New Zealand

Narconon is a drug frre rehabilitation program. Most programs today use drugs to try and help the person. See report below
KevinOwen@rehabnz.co.nz
http://www.rehabnz.co.nz

Rehab Fraud
Psychiatry`s Drug Scam
Report and recommendations on
methadone and other disastrous psychiatric
drug `rehabilitation` programs
http://www.mental-health-abuse.org/rehabFraud.html

It is very important to understand one thing about much of the drug rehabilitation field today. Our hope of a cure for drug addiction was not lost. It was buried by an avalanche of psychiatry's false information and false solutions. Drug addiction is not a disease. Real solutions do exist.

Jan Eastgate, President, Citizens Commission on

30. Title: Try to find a scientific study proving Narconon`s efficacy !

Name: Concerned
City: No matter State: Anywhere

You won`t find any. It is promoted by believers who have faith -- not science -- behind them. You`ve been had.

Of course if you do use it, make sure to publish your results! I trust there were no strings attached in that regard.

Gee, I wonder where the money to underwrite this program came from? Good luck to the poor sods who will subjected to this paid-for quackery, and shame on the people who were bought to subject them to it.

31. Title: Use What Works

Name: Anthony

City: Los Angeles State: CA

I say let the Narconon program prove itself. If it works, great. Ranting about it`s origins is just a lot of hot air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:51 pm 

Rick Ross: Amer Scn'sts Put up $1.5 M for Israeli NarCONon

Cult News from Rick Ross

» American Scientologists put up $1.5 million to get Narconon program going in Israel

Cult News from Rick Ross
A news perspective with analysis from cult expert Rick Ross

American Scientologists put up $1.5 million to get Narconon program going in Israel

Posted in Miscellaneous at 11:32 am by Rick Ross

Narconon, a Scientology-linked drug rehab program, is causing controversy in Israel. The Tel Aviv municipality will soon be running its drug rehab treatments, which were developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

But the Health Ministry and the Israel Antidrug Authority seem a bit uneasy reported Haaretz.

Did Scientology's biggest giver kick in?
Antidrug Authority General Director Haim Messing doesn't appear too thrilled.

"In my opinion, the Tel Aviv municipality cannot start such a process without the approval of the Health Ministry and the Antidrug Authority," he said. Messing explained, "The patients will receive large doses of vitamins and food supplements while in the sauna to increase the excretion of toxins by the body." "We are in favor of effective methods for drug rehabilitation, on the condition that programs be adopted only after being properly researched," he concluded.

Medical experts have repeatedly questioned the validity of Hubbard's teachings regarding toxins and drugs held within the body. Nearly 500 California doctors backed school authorities when they dropped a Narconon program presented to students.

Here are some of the claims made by Narconon that medical experts called inaccurate:

Drugs accumulate indefinitely in body fat, where they cause recurring drug cravings and flashbacks for years, even after the user quits.

The vitamin niacin pulls drugs from fat, and saunas sweat them from the body.

Colored ooze is produced when drugs exit the body.

Shouldn't Israeli medical experts be researching these points specifically before going ahead as Messing concluded?

Narconon seems increasingly desperate to garner official recognition. And now after being repeatedly rebuffed due to a lack of credible scientific evidence the Scientologists that support the program apparently are willing to put up rather than shut up.

Scientology booster Jenna Elfman

"We received a donation of $1.5 million in the U.S. to run the program," Dr. Benny Avrahami, director of the Tel Aviv Municipal Anti-Drug Authority told the press. "The only condition set by the American donors was that we run this specific program," he said.

So who do you think that donation come from?
Tom Cruise has given millions to Scientology and has targeted substantial sums to implement similar programs featuring Hubbard's niacin and sauna treatments for fireman and rescue workers in New York.

Kirstie Alley has been a spokesperson for Narconon, while Jenna Elfman has been a booster for the closely related Criminon program.

Maybe these Hollywood Hubbard fans each kicked in $500,000 to get things going in Israel?
Well, one thing is for sure, some Scientologists did.

Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:06 am 

Talkback

32. Title: Scientology / drug rehab

Name: David Barrington

City: Philadelphia State: PA USA

See www.drexun.org (right hand side link "Helping Firemen") to get details about Tom Cruise financing two drug rehab centers that helped hundreds of emergency care givers recover from the dibilitating effects of toxins poisoning their bodies while they cleaned up the Wall Trade Center disaster site.
David M Barrington, www.drexun.org

33. Title: Psychiatry / Drug Rehab / Billions Wasted

Name: David M Barrington

City: Philadelphia State: PA

All the rantings from nay-sayers are merely the futhering of powerful vested interests that want to keep their $1.6 TRILLION (USD)a year cash flow. They attack Hubbard`s methods, including his detox program.

Details at www.drexun.org (including two detox centers that Tom Cruise financed accessed from right hand side navigational link: "Helping Firemen.")

The site also details that 1 Million Americans died in psych facilities, includes psych drug "rehab" centers. David Barrington, www.drexun.org

34. Title: Narconon: Buyer Beware

City: Oklahoma City State: Oklahoma, U.S.A.

Scientologists are trying to sell Israel Scientology`s unsafe and ineffective drug treatment program.

FYI

The CCHR, Citizens Commission on Human Rights is another front group in the "church" of Scientology`s army trying to sell Scientology to the uninformed public.

Scientology front groups - HiddenMysteries ThE~Magazine
http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/themagaz ... oups.shtml

Some in Israel may have seen the American actor, Tom Cruise on the Today show trying to sell Matt Lauer on the idea that he (Cruise) was an expert and that psychiatry was evil.

`I`m passionate about life` - Today Entertainment - MSNBC.com
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/

Scientology`s goal is to destroy psychiatry and replace it with Scientology. This "church" sometimes ends up destroying people like Lisa McPherson. Lisa was a physically healthy 36 year old Scientologist, who ended up DOA at an emergency room seventeen days after Scientologists, following Hubbard tech/doctrine, removed her from medical/psychiatric/hospital care and starved and dehydrated her to death.

Lisa McPherson Memorial Page: killed by the Church of Scientology
http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

Bottom Line: Buyer Beware..... Don`t accept the salesman`s advice, "Try it, it works". ......Find out what medical professionals and others have found out about NarCONon and Scientology. Look behind that $1.5 million. from American donors and see what you find. Ask yourselves why an American drug treatment program is so anxious to set up shop in Israel that it is willing to spend $l.5 million to do it.

"David Barrington"+Scientology -
GOOGLE SEARCH

"David M. Barrington"+ Scientology GOOGLE SEARCH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:33 pm 

David Barrington on Feb. 2 may have gotten the last word. I know of two critics who also posted to Talkback o Feb. 2 and those posts have not shown up.

Talkback

35. Title: Narconon 39 Countries 193 Facilities

Name: David Barrington

City: Philadelphia State: PA USA

Narcon is now in 39 countries with 193 facilities. The media (paid billions in advertising dollars by vested interest that themselves cost Americans $1.6 Trillion a year) report what its masters tell them to report. To expect media and spokespeople for the monopolies to accurately report is rather short sighted. More than 1 Million Americans died in psych facilities, which includes their drug rehab facilities. Israel now has an opportunity to make a comparison between L Ron Hubbard`s detox program and that of psychiatry, which is costing Israel taxpayers a fortune. Narconon attackers are only interested in one thing, furthering the psych initiative.
See www.drexun.org